BR 2.0LR ETS T3 6466 Kelford 272 Cali 91oct! - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning and Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BR 2.0LR ETS T3 6466 Kelford 272 Cali 91oct!

Old Oct 25, 2013, 04:07 AM
  #1  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
BR 2.0LR ETS T3 6466 Kelford 272 Cali 91oct!

JP contacted me asking me if i could get him a few parts. I sold him his turbo and i believe a few other things. So a few weeks went by and he had everything installed and ready to go and here are the results.

He asked me for anything over 500whp+ as i was tuning the car i didn't think it was going to happen on the gas, but i slowly inched the boost up at high RPM and it more than exceeded both our expectations. He said the car pulls super super hard and is very happy.

We did some 9000RPM runs to make sure AFR remains lean uptop and doesnt dip rich and so forth. I was remoted in the computer the entire time via tether, and the car was definitely screaming. it sounded very very strong.

I will let him explain more how the car pulls since he was actually in it.

Next week is E85! Hopefully i will be sharing some 800whp graphs with you guys.

Vehicle: Evo 8 RS
Fuel: Chevron 91octane
Temp: 60F

Mods:

Buschur 2.0 LR
Buschur stage 3 head
Buschur ported IM
Buschur uicp
Buschur Race FMIC 3.8"
Buschur double pumper
FIC 1650cc inj
Tial QR BOV
Mil spec 65mm TB
Kelford 272's
Kiggly ss valves and guides +1mm
L19 headstuds
Tial 44mm wastegate (red)
External dump
Precision 6466 turbo
ETS licp
ETS T3 turbo kit (ported & coated) grey
Spooling cop
Megan exhaust
Grimmspeed 3 port
Tephra v7 SD /w ecuboost

At 33psi uptop we came up with 523whp
At 31psi uptop we came up with 494whp
At 29psi uptop we came up with 479whp





* Pulls started at 3500RPM




Last edited by tscompusa; Oct 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
tscompusa is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 04:48 AM
  #2  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (21)
 
FameEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Socal
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tom, you made it happen again like with many many other builds im so glad i went thru you for the service and killer deals on parts&super fast shipping!! First, i was nervous as hell never logged a car before i was thinking what if i cant do this and that...tom made it simple and easy took over the computer after helping me out on my rookie mistakes i was feeling like a pro all the sudden lol. The car pulls SUPER SUPER HARD all the way to redline!!!tom, really surprised me on numbers&boost level on crappy Cali 91oct. I love the car now its a BEAST and DRIVEABILITY that it never had from day one!!! Cant wait until E85!!! anyone thats looking to get tuned&parts and is stuck from being screwed over by other tuners&shops i wouldnt look any further then Tom. hes the best&knows it all and the best part you learn alot from it while hes making the adjustments. he explains each step that he makes a change on. i read all kinds threads of his service but today i really experienced it with my own self!! i doubt anyone could top his service. Again thank you tom, i owe you one big time.

Last edited by FameEvo; Oct 25, 2013 at 04:54 AM.
FameEvo is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 05:29 AM
  #3  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 340
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Nice results on 91. Tom is an awesome tuner

I made little less power with my 6266 at 33psi and waiting to install a meth kit to get more ponies
Evo9_Dubai is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 05:57 AM
  #4  
Evolved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice result. Is there a reason though I'm seeing more and more of the 6466 instead of the 6766? I was lookin at this turbos for WAY down the road but I thought the 6766 was the one to have? Or is the top end power not worth the spool difference?
ReignMan24 is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:15 AM
  #5  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
EVO(boss)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: KSA
Posts: 570
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
great numbers , but i think thats too much boost to reach this power on 91oct , My car did 576whp on 22psi T4 6766 and 2.1L and 459whp on 14.5 psi
EVO(boss) is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:48 AM
  #6  
Evolved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO(boss) View Post
great numbers , but i think thats too much boost to reach this power on 91oct , My car did 576whp on 22psi T4 6766 and 2.1L and 459whp on 14.5 psi
You also have more displacement and a bigger turbo lol
ReignMan24 is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 07:15 AM
  #7  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And better gas. The 91 octane really limits the timing you can run.

Good job guys! I can't wait to see the E85 results. I am going to be turning the boost up on my car soon. Pretty exciting stuff.
batty200 is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:36 AM
  #8  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
NY Black momba's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York Longisland
Posts: 348
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by batty200 View Post
And better gas. The 91 octane really limits the timing you can run.

Good job guys! I can't wait to see the E85 results. I am going to be turning the boost up on my car soon. Pretty exciting stuff.
i agree that is great power on 91 oct e85 should be fun!!
NY Black momba is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:38 PM
  #9  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (23)
 
5LEEPERISAH23I's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 1,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO(boss) View Post
great numbers , but i think thats too much boost to reach this power on 91oct , My car did 576whp on 22psi T4 6766 and 2.1L and 459whp on 14.5 psi


that's all...
5LEEPERISAH23I is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:41 PM
  #10  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (14)
 
itsmrrizz2you's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: queens
Posts: 655
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
nice job... this car is gonna be a beast with some gas!
itsmrrizz2you is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:51 PM
  #11  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by FameEvo View Post
Tom, you made it happen again like with many many other builds im so glad i went thru you for the service and killer deals on parts&super fast shipping!! First, i was nervous as hell never logged a car before i was thinking what if i cant do this and that...tom made it simple and easy took over the computer after helping me out on my rookie mistakes i was feeling like a pro all the sudden lol. The car pulls SUPER SUPER HARD all the way to redline!!!tom, really surprised me on numbers&boost level on crappy Cali 91oct. I love the car now its a BEAST and DRIVEABILITY that it never had from day one!!! Cant wait until E85!!! anyone thats looking to get tuned&parts and is stuck from being screwed over by other tuners&shops i wouldnt look any further then Tom. hes the best&knows it all and the best part you learn alot from it while hes making the adjustments. he explains each step that he makes a change on. i read all kinds threads of his service but today i really experienced it with my own self!! i doubt anyone could top his service. Again thank you tom, i owe you one big time.
Thanks for that awesome review JP! It was a pleasure working with you and i look forward to the E85! your car is going to be a rocket! Next we need to tune your 18 wheeler hahaha.

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai View Post
Nice results on 91. Tom is an awesome tuner

I made little less power with my 6266 at 33psi and waiting to install a meth kit to get more ponies
Thanks Adel! Its a pleasure to work with you as always and the Camels too.

Originally Posted by ReignMan24 View Post
Nice result. Is there a reason though I'm seeing more and more of the 6466 instead of the 6766? I was lookin at this turbos for WAY down the road but I thought the 6766 was the one to have? Or is the top end power not worth the spool difference?
Thanks Naithan! Ya because the 6466 is one bad **** thats why. It spool's pretty similar to the 6266 and only lacks alittle bit uptop vs the 6766. Joey (boostin perform evo) ran a really great time in his Black Drag evo with a 6466 and proved it was a badass turbo in all aspects.

I would stick with the 6466 over all of them out if running E85.

Originally Posted by EVO(boss) View Post
great numbers , but i think thats too much boost to reach this power on 91oct , My car did 576whp on 22psi T4 6766 and 2.1L and 459whp on 14.5 psi
Thanks Evo (Boss). now you have me curious. You made 576 on 22psi on 91oct? You must live somewhere where the gas is very very pure. The quality of the gas here is nothing like that, at 27psi with 11* uptop it just did not perform well at all.
it was rather disappointing. It did not start to make power until i actually started to raise the boost over 29psi and decrease timing just a tad, but still plenty uptop to keep the power going 9*~

You do have quite a different setup also. your 22psi is around this vehicles 26psi most likely due to the 4g64 block and being 6mm taller, so there is more to fill there, which in turn your turbo is working much harder at 22psi as this setup is at 22psi since its a 6mm smaller deck height.

Regardless whatever 91oct you have is extremely good stuff. We were using Chevron 91octane here from California. It didn't seem to be bad, but it wasn't great either.

I would have loved to keep the boost around 28psi and not went more, but this setup just did not perform well with this boost pressure. It took it fine no issues, i think because i was just raising it only on the top end so we snuck it in there knock free in all gears.

Originally Posted by batty200 View Post
And better gas. The 91 octane really limits the timing you can run.

Good job guys! I can't wait to see the E85 results. I am going to be turning the boost up on my car soon. Pretty exciting stuff.
Thanks Adam! ya you def need to turn yours up. Yours pulled pretty nice as is though.

Originally Posted by NY Black momba View Post
i agree that is great power on 91 oct e85 should be fun!!
Thanks bud.
tscompusa is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 04:04 PM
  #12  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you View Post
nice job... this car is gonna be a beast with some gas!
Yes should be interesting! Should be able to do 800 if we run enough boost to get there.
tscompusa is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:40 PM
  #13  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
EVO(boss)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: KSA
Posts: 570
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
[QUOTE=
Thanks Evo (Boss). now you have me curious. You made 576 on 22psi on 91oct? You must live somewhere where the gas is very very pure. The quality of the gas here is nothing like that, at 27psi with 11* uptop it just did not perform well at all.
it was rather disappointing. It did not start to make power until i actually started to raise the boost over 29psi and decrease timing just a tad, but still plenty uptop to keep the power going 9*~

You do have quite a different setup also. your 22psi is around this vehicles 26psi most likely due to the 4g64 block and being 6mm taller, so there is more to fill there, which in turn your turbo is working much harder at 22psi as this setup is at 22psi since its a 6mm smaller deck height.

Regardless whatever 91oct you have is extremely good stuff. We were using Chevron 91octane here from California. It didn't seem to be bad, but it wasn't great either.

I would have loved to keep the boost around 28psi and not went more, but this setup just did not perform well with this boost pressure. It took it fine no issues, i think because i was just raising it only on the top end so we snuck it in there knock free in all gears.



.[/QUOTE]


I agree 100% and this is my map on 22psi

As what u have said that I have bigger engine and pure 91oct .

Last edited by EVO(boss); Oct 25, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
EVO(boss) is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2013, 08:07 PM
  #14  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (169)
 
SLVRNBLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,054
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Tom tuning some strong cali cars. Great work!
SLVRNBLK is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:39 PM
  #15  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (21)
 
FameEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Socal
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post
Yes should be interesting! Should be able to do 800 if we run enough boost to get there.
Tom, after you pulled these numbers on 91oct. I have no doubts on 800whp
on e85








Originally Posted by SLVRNBLK View Post
Tom tuning some strong cali cars. Great work!
Hell yeah lol i was getting more and more excited on every pull hahah
Cant wait until e85!!
FameEvo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BR 2.0LR ETS T3 6466 Kelford 272 Cali 91oct!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.