Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo IX stock block FP Red GSC S2 E85 34.7psi | 570WHP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 04:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTurboTurk
Have you got a intake fitted to the turbo?
Yes its running an air filter and intake pipe attached to the turbo. Not a open inlet. Its a ETS 4" intake pipe.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any track times ?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nohatn
BRAVE... great numbers!!! but BRAVE
I concur! You made the power, now tune it down. So it last. Unless you got deep pockets. Drive it like your escaping a nuclear blast everywhere you go until it gives out. Then a complete build !
Old Dec 4, 2014, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by d-bo
Any track times ?
no track times yet.I haven't had a chance plus I would rather have the evo 8 3rd and 4th gears. I will probably do that first before hitting the track.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by d-bo
Any track times ?
570WHP should be about a 131-132 trap speed depending on setup.

Originally Posted by fastfam
I concur! You made the power, now tune it down. So it last. Unless you got deep pockets. Drive it like your escaping a nuclear blast everywhere you go until it gives out. Then a complete build !
Its been 9 months since his tune. I have hundreds of stock blocks around this power level without issues for years and years. I usually keep the torque under 400wtq however whenever I can.

It really comes down to how the cars driven, and the past history of abuse if any it has encountered from prior tunes / maintenance or maybe neglect from tuning after modding and so forth.

It needs a built engine to be pushed harder, and his torque level is the max id go. The highest I've had a stock bottom end was 550wtq or so, and at or around 750whp, which never blew up. It ended up bending a rod though at the track after around 500+ passes at the 600-700~ power level.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Can you run open filter without heat shield & not worry about heat or its best putting a heat shield?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EvoTurboTurk
Can you run open filter without heat shield & not worry about heat or its best putting a heat shield?
You can run an open turbo inlet yes without a filter, but heat wont be of your concern, the lack of filtration infront of the turbo inlet will be!

You would be better off to put a screen, or a small filter directly on the inlet, rather then just run it fully open.

Unless you're referring to something else?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
You can run an open turbo inlet yes without a filter, but heat wont be of your concern, the lack of filtration infront of the turbo inlet will be!

You would be better off to put a screen, or a small filter directly on the inlet, rather then just run it fully open.

Unless you're referring to something else?
You know how you have the intake pipe and pod filter at the end, would it be okay with no heat shield?

Last edited by EvoTurboTurk; Dec 11, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 07:37 PM

" It really comes down to how the car is driven." Tom can you explain? Not trying to be a smart as, just trying to gain knowledge. So is it safe in all driving conditions? And I thought that the general census on stock bottom end boost levels was 30 ish for worry free driving? Also are you still getting results with s3 on stock turbo? About to replace my s1. I remember an older post that you were recommending them to all your customers. Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2014, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how were the IDCs on those 1250's
Old Dec 31, 2014, 07:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastfam
" It really comes down to how the car is driven." Tom can you explain? Not trying to be a smart as, just trying to gain knowledge. So is it safe in all driving conditions? And I thought that the general census on stock bottom end boost levels was 30 ish for worry free driving? Also are you still getting results with s3 on stock turbo? About to replace my s1. I remember an older post that you were recommending them to all your customers. Thanks
If you don't mind a little lag for more power the s3 is fine, but for the stock turbo i wouldn't go over the s2 if you don't want to sacrifice spool response times to much.

This cars on a 3 port so it would be very hard to kill it. Its not going to run different boost in 4-5 gear. its tuned to be safe in that regard.

The easiest way to kill a stock block though is to load it up, meaning put it in 4-5 gear and smash on it at low RPM. it will make a lot of tq sooner and load the car up.

What a car makes per boost level is based on the efficiency of the setup. one car at 30psi might only be at 380wtq while another 480wtq. So not a good example.

But as I said, the boost is controlled in this car.

Originally Posted by prowakeskater
how were the IDCs on those 1250's
I dont have any logs showing that for this car. What I can say is:

1250cc inj on a 2L can support about 650whp dynojet estimated give or take.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

What all has been done to the head other than cams/springs/retainers/head studs?

I am 4k miles away from having to do my 120 maintenance on my IX and at the same time of doing the 120k I want to do what it takes to acheive power like this with similar setup. I'm maxed out in bolt ons, stock Turbo cosworth 272s and e85. Currently making 404 awhp. Thanks for the input!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LakerRaider
What all has been done to the head other than cams/springs/retainers/head studs?

I am 4k miles away from having to do my 120 maintenance on my IX and at the same time of doing the 120k I want to do what it takes to acheive power like this with similar setup. I'm maxed out in bolt ons, stock Turbo cosworth 272s and e85. Currently making 404 awhp. Thanks for the input!
The head is stock, other then the cams and springs & retainers.

Boost control is key to making a lot of power. I don't see why you couldn't make similar or the same power as this car
if you use the same mods & similar tune.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

If he had not gone speed density, how much would that have affected the numbers in power?

Also, I have FIC 1050cc.. Would that be fine with this setup?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LakerRaider
If he had not gone speed density, how much would that have affected the numbers in power?

Also, I have FIC 1050cc.. Would that be fine with this setup?
Id say anywhere between 20-40whp is left on the table without speed density.

FIC 1050cc is going to be cutting it close on a 2.0L. Off the top of my head 1200cc is roughly good for about 620whp dynojet on e85 with dual walbro 255.

So 1050cc is going to be a little small. Id upgrade to give yourself some extra reassurance to keep injector duty cycle within safe limits.

Quick Reply: Evo IX stock block FP Red GSC S2 E85 34.7psi | 570WHP