Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TSComptuned 2.3SLW Full Race GT3582R T3 GSC S3 | 93oct 541/461

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 07:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
TSComptuned 2.3SLW Full Race GT3582R T3 GSC S3 | 93oct 541/461

I tuned my Personal 2nd Evo over the weekend on 93oct. Never did i expect it to do what It did. It still has more in it yet, Hasn't reached the point of detonating, but at this boost level on 93 im done playing with the boost. If it takes more timing and goes through all gears detonation free, great, if not I'm very happy with what it did as is.

We must get some really good gas here, or i built a really strong car.

Temps were in the 80F's!

I don't have a loggable AFR gauge yet. The car came with a Innovate G5 LC1, but i have no logger cables at the moment, so I was eyeballing the AFR.

All I know is i have it around a 10.8 AFR right now to redline. The spool is to rich, but since I cant log it, i am not going to attempt anything on that yet until I have full loggable data.

Power mods on this car are as follows:

2005 evo 8 GSR /w 40K on it. 130 Miles on engine only. Still has break in oil in it.

TSComp 2.3 SLW
- Manley turbo tuff Super Light Weight 29lb billet crank
- Manley Turbo tuff i-beam lightweight straight beam rods
- Wiseco HD 1400 9.1 Pistons

TSComp Head
- Kiggly springs/retainers/HLA
- Proport port job
- ARP 625+ headstuds
- GSC S3 cams & Seals

Fuel:
-Buschur double pumper
-FIC 2150cc inj
-Wilson D fuel rail

Turbo / Exhaust:
-FP HTA GT3582R
-Full-Race ProStreet Manifold
-Full-Race 3" Downpipe & 3" Midpipe
-Cobb 3in Stainless cat-back
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Tial 44MM MVR Wastegate (1.3bar)

Intake / Cooling:
-CBRD slim radiator with fan
-ETS Upper / Lower IC Piping
-STM 4" SD Intake pipe
-DTM race intercooler (Garret 3.5" core)
-Buschur Racing Ported 65mm Throttle Body
-Buschur Racing ported Intake manifold

Drivetrain:
-Shep racing Ultimate ratio transmission /w 4.11 FD
-Exedy Triple HD Clutch + ACT Monoloc

Ignition:
-Sparktech non CDI coil on plug
-BPR8eix Plugs

Tuning / Other:
-Stock ECU /w Tephra v7 Speed density + Ecuboost
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Innovate LC1 Wideband

Things to do yet are, im gonna add a MBC to this car. I feel i can make it spool faster with a MBC in there as well. The 3 port has a little flutter as you can hear in the vid on initial hit.

I will share what the MBC does and what happens when I really have the ability to fine tune the spool also. right now the spool is meh. I also havent performed any boost leak test's on this vehicle yet, but im pretty confident there is none present.

Graph:

This car still has the spare tire in the trunk with jack and everything! Has AC. Has everything and more. I am not removing AC from this or doing anything to affect its ability for luxury like I did my silver Evo.

This thing is so fun on the street. I missed being able to floor the car wherever I wanted without the worry of wrecking. This power level is perfect for the street. The silver car is so limited due to its power it basically takes the fun out of the car.

Here is a iphone video I took during a 3rd gear pull.

Drive-ability video on 93 octane so far:

And heres a few pics of it:

Last edited by tscompusa; Jul 11, 2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
40k lol...man...i miss that lol

Car looks super clean and sounds like you built something nice. You did make a good point about power on the street. 550-600whp is good for street and daily driving. All these 700-800whp are over kill unless you only use it for 1/4 times
Old Jul 6, 2014, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice build. It look super clean
Old Jul 7, 2014, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

looks like you have a solid car right there, especially with such low miles. What procedure do you use when you break-in your motor?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

I am thinking to go for does numbers too know. Is true what people say after you get your goals then you want more.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Car is really nice Tom! Is this car for grocery shopping or driving to Steve's house to fix his POS. LOL.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks guys. For the full build of this car you can see it here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7302897&type=3

Ya Evoryder this power level is nice for the street. I think up to 650WHP is fun for the street, but past that it gets a little limited.

Originally Posted by badev0
Car is really nice Tom! Is this car for grocery shopping or driving to Steve's house to fix his POS. LOL.
haha. His car rarely has issues. I haven't been to his house in a long time. I think he has gone for full years problem free. I haven't been to his new house yet.

Ya I would take it there though. This ones mainly just to enjoy on back roads where i cant with the silver one due to its power level. it would just slide all over the road. this one hooks and is fun.

I am gonna put this on e85, but not sure when. I think i might take it down the track on 93 just to see what it can do. my goal for the track on 93 would be a 128 trap.

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
looks like you have a solid car right there, especially with such low miles. What procedure do you use when you break-in your motor?
Thanks. it is very different then the silver one even though they are both evos. This one has lowering seat brackets, so you sit really low. Has a huge rear view mirror like nascars have and is worlds clearer then the OEM one. Just a bunch of little things that make it unique in its own way.

I use for now Brad penn SAE 30 break in oil. When I fire a new engine up, I let it run for about 20minutes and make sure there is no fluid leaks and then i will turn it off and drain that oil and replace the filter.

Then put more Brad penn break in oil in, then drive on it and tune it and maybe drain it again around 150.

Refill break in oil again, drive to maybe 500 more so about 650 miles in total, then drain it then go to a regular oil you always plan on driving with.

Dont ever use cheap oil just because you're firing the car up new and are dumpin the oil out right away. The first start is pretty important, and you have all that assembly lube in there and stuff, you want to make sure whatever oil you're using is gonna work and protect the bearings, not just throw junk oil in there and risk issues instantly.

Seems like a waste of $ but its worth it to protect the bearings from any abnormal wear.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
beastmode great numbers!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e85 you will cross that 650whp mark if you turn it up! looks like a very clean setup
Old Jul 7, 2014, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Go with E85 and try. You can always go back to setup pump
Old Jul 7, 2014, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
haha. His car rarely has issues. I haven't been to his house in a long time. I think he has gone for full years problem free. I haven't been to his new house yet.

Ya I would take it there though. This ones mainly just to enjoy on back roads where i cant with the silver one due to its power level. it would just slide all over the road. this one hooks and is fun.
Yeah am only kidding haha. I know his car is solid.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We need to compare cars! Let's meet up next Sunday. I want to VD on your road and see what my VD says.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yo scott, my POS hasn't broken in awhile its been close to a year now. If I'm not mistaken your "pos has been down for over a year about."

Last edited by 5LEEPERISAH23I; Jul 7, 2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
e85 you will cross that 650whp mark if you turn it up! looks like a very clean setup
Theres about 160-200whp with e85 with 10psi more and timing. Im gonna let the engine stay on 93 for a bit since its a new engine, then ill add e85. This car will most likely do 750 on e85 around 42-45psi

Originally Posted by oscarquinones
Go with E85 and try. You can always go back to setup pump
The silver car I have has been on e85 since 2008. I'll put the blue one on e85, but not right now.

Yeah am only kidding haha. I know his car is solid.
I know you were just kidding

Originally Posted by batty200
We need to compare cars! Let's meet up next Sunday. I want to VD on your road and see what my VD says.
I did this on 283. I usually go on 283 or 30 for getting a accurate VD #. The place I tune the car on the backroad though it goes uphill, so numbers are real low where i actually tuned it. It is a perfect stretch though and no houses are around it. But it works perfect.

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
yo scott, my POS hasn't broken in awhile its been close to a year now. If I'm not mistaken your "pos has been down for over a year about."
It will now break on your next pull. He willingly took his apart also. It was still running, so i don't know if that even counts lol.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Looks mint as Tom!
And yes, you're right, 550-575 is the perfect amount of power for the street for an all round setup.

Quick Reply: TSComptuned 2.3SLW Full Race GT3582R T3 GSC S3 | 93oct 541/461