Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi

Old Nov 21, 2015, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tscompusa
every setup is different, so i don't want to share with you that information. What I can tell you is, start low and slowly monitor your knock voltage and knock in general.

My car is 9.8:1 compression and is a decently quick spooler, so the timing curve starts shifting earlier then say a 2.0L with similar setup.

It is in the single digits at 6k though.
Thanks for that and sharing your track experience. I feel like I will have a lot of fun getting out the hole unless I launch at like 24psi and then 2nd gear have it shoot to the tuned setting lol
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure if you posted this in this thread or your actual build thread ( or if this the build thread? I'm on my phone lol)
But what tires were you running and clutch ?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by MRadjahoe
Thanks for that and sharing your track experience. I feel like I will have a lot of fun getting out the hole unless I launch at like 24psi and then 2nd gear have it shoot to the tuned setting lol
NP. It's gonna be the opposite. Its a combination of the right amount of RPM & boost pressure off the line. Also depends how long you sit on your 2 step. When sitting on the 2 step and building boost the car can creep also, so id hold the ebrake.

This car is very hard to get right for me in the 1/8. I am still working on it though.

Originally Posted by d-bo
I'm not sure if you posted this in this thread or your actual build thread ( or if this the build thread? I'm on my phone lol)
But what tires were you running and clutch ?
This is the dyno thread. I abandoned my build thread.

It has an Exedy triple HD and the tires were rx7 wheels with the hoosier QTP at around 12psi.

Heres a pass my dad got for me but the phone lense was fogged so it didnt focus. This was the 10.2 @ 148 run.

I cant get the car to hook right. It either bogs or spins to much. I only got 4 chances though. I feel more seat time i can get it figured out.

I know my shifting & driving in general sucks. video proof of that

I feel like I cant shift as fast as I want or the trans will lock me out.

Heres a slower pass but clear video. around 33psi.

Last edited by tscompusa; Nov 23, 2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

That is where I have my tires at about as well.
Are you using a 2step or Antilag ? If you're using anti lag I would switch to a 2step. It's a lot more consistent off the line
Not sure if Scott had talked to you about preloading but I would do that as well
Just light one bulb and then slowly release clutch while getting up on 2step simultaneously holding ebrake and releasing gradually until you can stage.
Then hold ebrake as hard as you can
When you're comfortable and ready just release ebrake and clutch fully at the same time "dumping it" basically but not really since you have partially released already

Having a good suspension setup will help as well obviously
Old Nov 24, 2015, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Boost by gear that beast in first and second,work on that shifting and you will see 9's. I never used e-brake on the evo, just anti-lag to help slip the clutch easier. works great. Every car is different. Good luck.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SiriusEvo
Boost by gear that beast in first and second,work on that shifting and you will see 9's. I never used e-brake on the evo, just anti-lag to help slip the clutch easier. works great. Every car is different. Good luck.
The stock ECU will do it right? Any special setup or just put the values needed in the main boost duty cycle map?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The stock ECU will do it right? Any special setup or just put the values needed in the main boost duty cycle map?
Yes, it can.

Best option is to use MAP sensor controlled boost; set your targets. Fine tune your WG Duty cycle/Boost error tables and let it eat.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by d-bo
That is where I have my tires at about as well.
Are you using a 2step or Antilag ? If you're using anti lag I would switch to a 2step. It's a lot more consistent off the line
Not sure if Scott had talked to you about preloading but I would do that as well
Just light one bulb and then slowly release clutch while getting up on 2step simultaneously holding ebrake and releasing gradually until you can stage.
Then hold ebrake as hard as you can
When you're comfortable and ready just release ebrake and clutch fully at the same time "dumping it" basically but not really since you have partially released already

Having a good suspension setup will help as well obviously
It doesn't have antilag, but if I set on the 2 step it will build boost. I haven't checked the gauge, but im going to guess around 10-12psi based on how the turbo sounds as it happens.

Scott didnt, because he knows I never did that before.

I do always light the one set first, then barely make it move enough to turn the 2nd set on so I don't go to far out giving myself some room for movement so I dont trip the beam.

I never tried the ebrake method, but I will give it a shot, because a lot of times I notice people tripping the light as their car is 2 stepping which then makes the 60ft horrible in turn.

The suspension seems ok. Its a megan racing suspension. It has allowed me to do a 1.51 60ft 4 years ago with the fp black and 2.3, but I do understand this setups much harder to work with.

I appreciate your help a lot!

You mean just zeroing out to gate pressure in 1-2? The 3 ports really not being used it just tapers up to 12%. I work with the MBC at the track since its easier.

Might have no choice though. My car wont go under 31psi on wastegate pressure though, so that's a problem there in itself.

Thanks.
Stock ecu can build boost off the line yes. I always naturally let the car build boost though. From my past experience, less boost off the line is easier to work with and 60ft with. To little though and it will bog without enough RPM so thats a double edged sword in itself.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang some impressive results!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep up the good work!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Every pass you improved .2-.3! I bet next time out you will run 9's @ 150 +!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, Running 148 in those conditions! Close to mid 150s as it sits! Serious Beast on your hands! Congrats Tom!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, it can.

Best option is to use MAP sensor controlled boost; set your targets. Fine tune your WG Duty cycle/Boost error tables and let it eat.
BET!!! I will try that.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bobssecrtsn
keep up the good work!
Thank you! Hopefully single digit ET soon.

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
Every pass you improved .2-.3! I bet next time out you will run 9's @ 150 +!
Yes what happened was, I went down the track the first pass at 41-42psi with 16psi in the tires. The car spun all of 3rd gear, I got super nervous and kind of scared and missed 4th gear, but managed to get it in after 3-4 attemps and that pass was 10.8 @ 133.

So after that pass I reset everything back to wastegate pressure which is around 31-32psi or around there on my car, and it went 144. From there I added 2-3 full turns of the mbc and ended up with my 148. I ran out of time at the track. I was slowly adding more boost, and the car was slowly dropping ET and raising MPH regardless of my crappy driving.

I think even with my crappy driving it will do a high 9, but with a more experienced driver, the car will do a much more better ET and mph I think then im capable of making it do.

Originally Posted by Freddy302
Wow, Running 148 in those conditions! Close to mid 150s as it sits! Serious Beast on your hands! Congrats Tom!
Thanks Freddy. I will update what it does on Sunday. good or bad

BET!!! I will try that.
That's the best way to approach it honestly. 3 port / ecu boost, with boost per gear control. My car has that ability, but my wastegate springs are to stiff, so I'm stuck at 750whp / 621wtq as a base power.

If I cant get it to hook with my current method, I'm going to just drop spring pressure, and do a serious boost per gear adjustment and force it to hook by dialing its power way down in 1st & 2nd.

Spinning isn't winning
Old Nov 27, 2015, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa

If I cant get it to hook with my current method, I'm going to just drop spring pressure, and do a serious boost per gear adjustment and force it to hook by dialing its power way down in 1st & 2nd.

Spinning isn't winning
That's the spirit!!!!!!

Then 7bar time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi