Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow..excellent thread! If you don't mind me asking, whats the plug gap that you're running?

Off to go read thru your thread...I'm sure when I'm done I'll have more questions!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
The Nitto 555R hook up so well it is amazing how well they can handle power and hook
yeah those tires are sweet for streetcar. used to run them on my 89 mirage turbo. FWD. I remember getting a 900$ LSD that did virtually nothing for straight line traction. then getting the nittos was like holy wow. must dead hook on AWD cars.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
yeah those tires are sweet for streetcar. used to run them on my 89 mirage turbo. FWD. I remember getting a 900$ LSD that did virtually nothing for straight line traction. then getting the nittos was like holy wow. must dead hook on AWD cars.
Then I believe it is time to feed the yellow car some traction.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom the tires we have on our cars are Nitto 555 not the Nitto 555R. The 555 is a summer tire the 555R is the radial version. The radial version we wouldnt get more then 10,000-15,000 miles on and they would be horrible in the rain. Our tires however are great in the rain!

Being the fact i spin 1st in any weather temp and spin 2nd in 50 degree's or under im going to go with the radial one next! I love the Nitto's tho super quite of a tire too!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
Then I believe it is time to feed the yellow car some traction.
You follow this guy to every thread he posts in

Sup John
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Migsubishi
You follow this guy to every thread he posts in

Sup John
Not every one, but the ones I do, I try to give encouragement! LOL.

How you been? Hit me up!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lmao^
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

tscompusa why did you buy the gtr, when you have a evo making 750 whp? 750 whp, not wreckless enough on the street?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoxisking
tscompusa why did you buy the gtr, when you have a evo making 750 whp? 750 whp, not wreckless enough on the street?
I am sure it's to expand his business into a new platform.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
Not every one, but the ones I do, I try to give encouragement! LOL.

How you been? Hit me up!
will do
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
I am sure it's to expand his business into a new platform.
I figured that was part of the reason. Gotta keep that money flowing. lol.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

I don't think 555R's would be much use in PA for 1/3rd of the year. If it's cold enough, they should be worse than an all season.

Glad to see your car is back together Tom!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by craig05evo
I was having the exact same issue and thought it was my alternator, however it turned out to be my power wire going to the alternator had corroded badly and wasn't making a good connection inside the terminal (I replaced the stock wire with a heavier gauge when I rebuilt the engine and soldered it, the solder just didn't hold)

It was hard to diagnose because the heat shrink kept the wire in place, but once I bent the terminal it just kinda fell apart.

Also, I sent you a message about finishing my tune, not sure if you got it.
Good info. It was my alternator though. I replaced it at the shop over the weekend at night with my cousin.

Originally Posted by SLVRNBLK
These are the only set of tires I've ever used on my Evo

Good to see you taking care of all these small issues. I really want to see what this BEAST is going to do at the track. Awesome job Tom!
Ya I meant to say nitto 555 extreme zr not the Radial. They are really awesome tires for grip.

I lowered the boost since the misfire issue, so once I check everything yet and confirm everything is good I will go to the track now maybe this Wednesday if weather is ok.

Originally Posted by NOMIEZVR4
wow..excellent thread! If you don't mind me asking, whats the plug gap that you're running?

Off to go read thru your thread...I'm sure when I'm done I'll have more questions!
My plug gap is very tight. I honestly dont measure it anymore. I just gap them by looking at them. If I had to guess, its around .015"

Ya these tires are great. The car is so much safer with them.

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
Tom the tires we have on our cars are Nitto 555 not the Nitto 555R. The 555 is a summer tire the 555R is the radial version. The radial version we wouldnt get more then 10,000-15,000 miles on and they would be horrible in the rain. Our tires however are great in the rain!

Being the fact i spin 1st in any weather temp and spin 2nd in 50 degree's or under im going to go with the radial one next! I love the Nitto's tho super quite of a tire too!
You definitely dont need Radials. Any tire is going to spin really in a very cold surface since it gets slippery.

Ya I got the tires wrong. Nitto 555 extreme zr is what they are.

Originally Posted by evoxisking
It made over 800whp. It has a lot more power left to make also, but I probably wont push it on the 2.4. I'm not interested in HG issues, and when this car is taken out it gets really beat on. I do around 30-40 WOT pulls each time the cars taken out. Although now its really limited to where I can go WOT. the road has to be very smooth or the car will spin over any kind of bump or unevenness.

The reason I got a GT-R is so I can tune other GT-R's. Its a business investment.

Originally Posted by AreSTG
I don't think 555R's would be much use in PA for 1/3rd of the year. If it's cold enough, they should be worse than an all season.

Glad to see your car is back together Tom!
Thanks AreSTG! (I don't remember your real name sorry or I would say it).

Ya this stupid thing has been down for awhile now for random dumb issues.

Whats on my car are Nitto 555 Extreme ZR. I agree Radials suck for driving around on the street.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
I'm going to try to get the car to the track asap (Track schedule looks kind of busy with not many test & tunes left). I lowered the boost a lot though just to be safe.

My cousin came to the shop to give me a hand on removing the alternator from the car and installing the new one.

As we were taking the old alternator off, I noticed it was turning like it was cut in half. At first I didn't believe what I was seeing, or maybe thought it was normal to move.

So after we finally got the alternator off ( kind of a PITA to get out). After you remove the OEM fuel pressure regulator from the rail it comes out, but its a very tight fit still)

We started to mess with it. It turns out all 4 long screws were missing from it that hold it together. How this happened is beyond me. Years ago when my car had a bad failure from the fuel pump failure, due to the pressure switch not working, the alternator got whacked really hard. It also had oil spilled all over it & inside it.

I knew I was hearing something from my car now for awhile at idle, But I just couldn't pin point. Now I know what it was. The alternator was vibrating itself apart.

The alternator prior got whacked so hard I had to replace the pulley on it, since it was very bent up. My guess is, the impact from before, and the oil just loosened everything up over time.

I think i got very lucky here. The alternator was just giving enough volts to not really hurt the car. Thankfully, I replaced it when I did, and did not end up with any severe problems occurring.

Now after the new alternator was in, the car went from idling 11 volts to now 14.3 solid and not moving on the tester at the shop.

The lights are all brighter then before in the car, and the AFR went from 14 afr to 12 afr at idle. Now the car needs retuned again.

I'm going to check the torque on the ARP head studs since I haven't done so since torquing on the engine stand, and burp coolant just in case, replace plugs, and go from there.

The track near me doesn't look like it has a open slot until the 22nd on Saturday. I'll get some videos to show how fast the speedo moves though with my go pro meanwhile.

So I'll update thread after I get it back out with some videos. I will slowly up the boost again and see how it does. Hopefully I can get some cool go pro footage of the car.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

that is insane that it was even staying together and making juice. Clearly, when it separated it lost its ability to ground out through the block etc. I just can't imagine if it had completely let go at 9k rpm.

When i mis-diagnosed my car having an alternator issue, i though it looked easier to drop it down than pull it up. Talk about a pain in the ***, i think I had to yank the axle or something.

Quick Reply: Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi