Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

e_kobz's FP 71HTA stock block/head/cam Evo IX - 450/400 on E85 @ 31psi

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Depends on what's important to you. I have yet to find a DV/BOV that can deal with part throttle flutter/surge like the anti-surge cover, but in my experience there some loss in snappiness during offboost driving and in the transient rpms at the point where the motor is getting into the boost threshold.
Are you using CBRD's anti-surge cover on the 3B?!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea i was thinking of doing dual maps for e85. But i drive the car alot so pump is a must. And if i find a double pumper for under 400 i think i will just on it. Might as well only upgrade once. Seller said it had a walbro but i cant just assume he was truthful. Also were the injector you were using high or low z injectors? Because i seen mrfred had some for sale.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_nation
Yea i was thinking of doing dual maps for e85. But i drive the car alot so pump is a must. And if i find a double pumper for under 400 i think i will just on it. Might as well only upgrade once. Seller said it had a walbro but i cant just assume he was truthful. Also were the injector you were using high or low z injectors? Because i seen mrfred had some for sale.
I'm using FIC 1120cc Low-Z injectors.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 04:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz

Are you using CBRD's anti-surge cover on the 3B?!
No. The 3B doesn't surge on a 2L motor, but it suffers from stutter during slight throttle lift when accelerating at a few psi boost like any non surge ported turbo on MAF. No such issue if it had an antisurge cover.

Last edited by mrfred; Jan 2, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
No. The 3B doesn't surge on a 2L motor, but it suffers from stutter during slight throttle lift when accelerating at a few psi boost like any non surge ported turbo on MAF. No such issue if it had an antisurge cover.
Makes sense. My first track day with this new setup is next weekend. I'll see how it does on the track and I'll decide if I want/need a anti-surge afterwards
Old Jan 4, 2015, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Took the car on a little road trip yesterday up to Jerome and Sedona in Arizona. They're about 150 miles north of me. In order to get to them you have to drive through some gorgeous mountain roads and a ton of switch backs. I felt it was necessary to have just a little fun, like California canyon carving fun. The car felt amazing. I still can't believe how hard this little turbo hits and pulls. Going through the mountains on he way to Jerome and Sedona is all uphill, the car wasn't phased one bit. It also helped that the temperature was in the 30's all day. I'm am more and more blown away everytime I drive this car.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome setup!

So if boost is coming on too quick, Have you considered going with bigger cams like the S3's
Old Jan 4, 2015, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by suby2evo
Awesome setup!

So if boost is coming on too quick, Have you considered going with bigger cams like the S3's
Thanks!

S3's would be pointless on my setup. I don't want a peaky power band nor do I ever plan on revving that high. My car is setup for a road course, not a drag strip. It would also be pointless on a non-ported head as it stops flowing at 11.2mm and the S3's have 11.5ex/11.7in of lift. S2's will be perfect.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
Well if you need one let me know, we can just meet up. PM me. And a double pumper will be over kill for 400whp on pump gas, a Wally 255 will net you that just fine. And yeah they're aren't too many E85 stations in the valley. I live down in south Gilbert and was driving 25 miles one way to the Valero in Scottsdale for E85. Fortunately Valero just opened up a brand new gas station a mile and a half from me and it has E85. I was ecstatic when I found that out. But the three closest E85 stations to me and probably you are the Valero that I use which is on Higley and Pecos, the Cobblestone on Elliot just off the I-10, and the Valero on Scottsdale Rd and McKellips
Also the cobblestone/chevron on Baseline and Kyrene in Tempe, and the Chevron on broadway and 44th street!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by timv
Also the cobblestone/chevron on Baseline and Kyrene in Tempe, and the Chevron on broadway and 44th street!
I didn't know about these stations. Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2015, 04:09 PM

Very nice numbers mate I'd like to see her run with a Bosch 044 fuel pump and some id2000 injectors to make it a little less scary I ran a walbro on e85 they are so close to the limit I'd hate to see her run dry, but very nice considering your mods love it
Old Jan 7, 2015, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by loweyz
Very nice numbers mate I'd like to see her run with a Bosch 044 fuel pump and some id2000 injectors to make it a little less scary I ran a walbro on e85 they are so close to the limit I'd hate to see her run dry, but very nice considering your mods love it
Thanks buddy. I'm gonna start trouble shooting the fuel system to see what is holding me back.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 05:12 PM

Bare with me I'll get my old dyno results I might have done the work for you the biggest problem when Ihad my walbro and id1100cc injectors was i that my injector duty cycle was 98% at a fairly mild tune at 24psi we couldn't push it harder not enough fuel with the I'd 2000cc we pushed it hard as we felt comfortable at 24psi and they were only at 67% duty cycle basically heaps of room for further go fast bits and the fact your fuel system is not working hard at all to produce the numbers you want
Old Jan 7, 2015, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by loweyz
Bare with me I'll get my old dyno results I might have done the work for you the biggest problem when Ihad my walbro and id1100cc injectors was i that my injector duty cycle was 98% at a fairly mild tune at 24psi we couldn't push it harder not enough fuel with the I'd 2000cc we pushed it hard as we felt comfortable at 24psi and they were only at 67% duty cycle basically heaps of room for further go fast bits and the fact your fuel system is not working hard at all to produce the numbers you want
So you are saying his injectors maybe be holding him back?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_nation
So you are saying his injectors maybe be holding him back?
My guess is the fuel pump is the culprit. The injectors should do at least 500whp.

Quick Reply: e_kobz's FP 71HTA stock block/head/cam Evo IX - 450/400 on E85 @ 31psi