Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Few Dyno Pulls of my IX with bolt ons, cams,stock turbo, tune on 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Few Dyno Pulls of my IX with bolt ons, cams,stock turbo, tune on 93 octane

Picked this evo up in March. It had all the mods already done but owner was not sure what power it was making. So I took a trip to National Speed in Wilmington, NC to have them do a few dyno pulls.

Mods are:
-AMS intake
-AMS fmic
-AMS licp
-HKS downpipe
-TurboXS test pipe and catback
-Kelford 272 cams / stock valvetrain
-SpoolinUP COP
-Walbro 255
-ARP Head studs
-Tuned by Force Fed Performance in Fayetteville @ 25psi

*still stock turbo, injectors, clutch/flywheel

Video:

Last edited by Bmurray; May 24, 2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old May 22, 2015, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very clean car!! What other plans do you have for the car power wise?
Old May 22, 2015, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Maddball
Very clean car!! What other plans do you have for the car power wise?
Thank you!

Ordered a few parts last night. Comp stage 2 clutch with their 9.65lb flywheel. Bought a dc sports manifold off a member here for a good price. Going to buy some injectors soon. May buy an MAP o2 dump. Then would like to get dual maps for 93 / e85 and have the car retuned. Probably going to have the car tuned by Kasey Harris (former HIS motorsports tuner i believe) this time around. He's going to do some maintenance for me as well (t-case, diff fluid change) for a good price.

That's all i'd like to do for the time being. Any suggestions/feedback on my plans would be appreciated

After getting this performance stuff squared away i'd like to do some exterior things. Ralliart lip, side spats, & jdm rear bumper.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think I remember this car, she is definitely clean. Can't go wrong with Kasey tuning the car. However, I would just have your stock manifold ported & coated before putting that DC manifold on. Good chance Kasey would agree with me too.

Also, if you plan on buying an 02 dump, I have a ToxicFab 02 dump I was going to post for sale soon, shoot me a PM if interested. I've been out to the BMX track in Burlington, so it's not too far, we could meet up somewhere.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I think I remember this car, she is definitely clean. Can't go wrong with Kasey tuning the car. However, I would just have your stock manifold ported & coated before putting that DC manifold on. Good chance Kasey would agree with me too.

Also, if you plan on buying an 02 dump, I have a ToxicFab 02 dump I was going to post for sale soon, shoot me a PM if interested. I've been out to the BMX track in Burlington, so it's not too far, we could meet up somewhere.
So you're saying just completely ditch the dc manifold and just have the oem one ported/coated? PM me what you're looking to get for the dump. I will consider it! And yeah, guy named Landon from Apex was the original owner. He took great care of the car for the most part I am down to meet up sometime. Was going to try and make the Raleigh c&c last week but couldn't.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bmurray
So you're saying just completely ditch the dc manifold and just have the oem one ported/coated? PM me what you're looking to get for the dump. I will consider it! And yeah, guy named Landon from Apex was the original owner. He took great care of the car for the most part I am down to meet up sometime. Was going to try and make the Raleigh c&c last week but couldn't.
You have a PM.
Old May 22, 2015, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A dump is fun and will help make more power. I made 372 on my stock turbo and S1's on a dump jet. There is more power on the table for sure.
Old May 22, 2015, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
I would dump the dc manifold and run the the stocker ported/coated, you one for $225 I believe from Buschur if you send in yours for a core.
Old May 23, 2015, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info fellas!
Old May 23, 2015, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Before your next dyno pull look j to some cams. I have some s1 cams and you'll get a bunch of torque and more WHP but you'll obviously be at the end of what the stock turbo can do on pump. I made 373whp with these cams and stock turbo
Old May 23, 2015, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Before your next dyno pull look j to some cams. I have some s1 cams and you'll get a bunch of torque and more WHP but you'll obviously be at the end of what the stock turbo can do on pump. I made 373whp with these cams and stock turbo
Kelford 272s are already in the car
Old May 24, 2015, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Kelford 272s are already in the car
Oh crap you are missing power for real.
Old May 24, 2015, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Oh crap you are missing power for real.
Seems to be right on par with others evo's with similar mods. 25 psi. Stock injectors & pump gas...?
Old May 25, 2015, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Seems to be right on par with others evo's with similar mods. 25 psi. Stock injectors & pump gas...?
Stock cams too. I made 353 On stock cams. S1's got me to 372. With those aggressive cams you should have more.
Old May 25, 2015, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Stock cams too. I made 353 On stock cams. S1's got me to 372. With those aggressive cams you should have more.
You do realize every dyno reads different and weather/humidity, etc etc etc plays big factors in dyno numbers right?

Quick Reply: Few Dyno Pulls of my IX with bolt ons, cams,stock turbo, tune on 93 octane