Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 6 - 375whp - stock turbo & cams 98 Pump

Old Jun 9, 2015, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 6 - 375whp - stock turbo & cams 98 Pump

My original set up, pushing the factory limits. 280wkw / 375 hp at the wheels. Roller dyno.

Stock motor, stock cams, stock 560cc injectors, stock 6 RS turbo TD05HRA 16G6 10.5t, factory ECU - Re flash.
BP 98 Pump fuel.

Main enhancement is an AEM 320lph in tank pump to feed it and Sard FPR.

- A/M manifold with a 38mm external waste gate.
- Full 3" exhaust from turbo
- Intake with enclosed airbox
- Large 600x300 intercooler w custom piping.

Red line is a 38mm dia stainless manifold
Blue is 44mm dia stainless manifold. Was told HKS, cannot confirm. Touch more boost.

My goal was to achieve 250kw, we were all pretty happy to see 280kw come up!

Last edited by HYYBR3D; Jun 9, 2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 02:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that's impressive for stock turbo and injectors!

Can't say I've ever seen that much power on with those mods, boost level and NZ pump gas.

Good work
Old Jun 9, 2015, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
those r really good numbers i feel like ive been playin it safe now that i see this i have almost the same setup right now and ive always been skeptical to turn it up all the way but maaan i just might after seeing these numbers
Old Jun 9, 2015, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

reaching 375 whp on pump fuel with no cams

Seems hard oh I see 4th gear pull
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:24 AM

Yea we were pretty happy with the numbers, its not to common to push these like this in NZ from what I have seen.

Originally Posted by CT9A PR
reaching 375 whp on pump fuel with no cams

Seems hard oh I see 4th gear pull
Yea 4th gear is the typical gear used for all rollers, 3rd gear for the hub dynos, Dynapack etc
Old Jun 10, 2015, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Always 4th gear on Dynapack if the operator is been honest, same goes for a roller dyno
Old Jun 10, 2015, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by philr8
Always 4th gear on Dynapack if the operator is been honest, same goes for a roller dyno
Thats good to know then, tho I have heard of 3rd being used on Evos. I guess 3rd is for Hondas and the like.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HYYBR3D
Thats good to know then, tho I have heard of 3rd being used on Evos. I guess 3rd is for Hondas and the like.
No always 4th gear if the operator is honest, or the gear closet 1:1 (which is normally 4th gear)
Old Jun 12, 2015, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My original set up, pushing the factory limits. 280wkw / 375 hp at the wheels. Roller dyno.

Stock motor, stock cams, stock 560cc injectors, stock 6 RS turbo TD05HRA 16G6 10.5t, factory ECU - Re flash.
BP 98 Pump fuel.

Main enhancement is an AEM 320lph in tank pump to feed it and Sard FPR.

- A/M manifold with a 38mm external waste gate.
- Full 3" exhaust from turbo
- Intake with enclosed airbox
- Large 600x300 intercooler w custom piping.

Red line is a 38mm dia stainless manifold
Blue is 44mm dia stainless manifold. Was told HKS, cannot confirm. Touch more boost.

My goal was to achieve 250kw, we were all pretty happy to see 280kw come up!
awesome results .. when was full boost reached? do you happen to have a plot against rpm?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by clip14
awesome results .. when was full boost reached? do you happen to have a plot against rpm?
I hit 25psi about 4200. 20psi about 4000 there abouts.

At that time of tuning, I had a 5psi spring in the WG and we believed the turbos were overriding it and also making it hard work for the controller to stabilize up top. That shows in the round peak and psi drop over the rpm.

So with my current set up with my MAP EF3 I now have a 16psi spring and it has made boost come on a bit quicker and keeps it dead stable to redline. As this EF3 also had a psi drop and unstable control like the above graph before I added more spring pressure.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:03 PM

I hit 25psi about 4200. 20psi about 4000 there abouts.

At that time of tuning, I had a 5psi spring in the WG and we believed the turbos were overriding it and also making it hard work for the controller to stabilize up top. That shows in the round peak and psi drop over the rpm.

So with my current set up with my MAP EF3 I now have a 16psi spring and it has made boost come on a bit quicker and keeps it dead stable to redline. As this EF3 also had a psi drop and unstable control like the above graph before I added more spring pressure.
Pretty good response! holding 25psi to redline would mean a fair bit of a power increase right? from the looks of your boost plot, it was trending down to 20psi by redline on the first setup. any idea what sort of power its putting out now? surely must be on the top end of what people have been able to get out of a standard TME turbo.

cheers
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:40 AM

Pretty good response! holding 25psi to redline would mean a fair bit of a power increase right? from the looks of your boost plot, it was trending down to 20psi by redline on the first setup. any idea what sort of power its putting out now? surely must be on the top end of what people have been able to get out of a standard TME turbo.

cheers
That tune was a year ago this month, I swapped out to my EF3 a few months later from that tune chasing the magic 300kw bracket. So unfortunately I don't have a comparison.

Upon investigating my LAG issue it only occurred to me within the last few months that the wastegate could be the issue. So I only have a comparison with my EF3. It didn't make much difference with the EF3.

It is tempting to go back, I do miss my quicker spool up!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:04 PM

That tune was a year ago this month, I swapped out to my EF3 a few months later from that tune chasing the magic 300kw bracket. So unfortunately I don't have a comparison.

Upon investigating my LAG issue it only occurred to me within the last few months that the wastegate could be the issue. So I only have a comparison with my EF3. It didn't make much difference with the EF3.

It is tempting to go back, I do miss my quicker spool up!

area under the curve eh!

I am building pretty much the same set up as you! except I will be running a smaller exhaust .. 2.5".

I was thinking either 3" all the way and running a 9.8 hotside for more spool, but I couldn't pass up the deal for a free 2.5" dump and front pipe!!

my evo6RS turbo should be arriving any day soon. it has been fully rebuilt, micropolished everything, ported and polished comp housing.

im hoping to see spool/boost as early as possible! 240kw was my goal .. maybe like you i might be surprised with more! I didnt think that stock injectors could hold that sort of power.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 02:43 AM

area under the curve eh!

I am building pretty much the same set up as you! except I will be running a smaller exhaust .. 2.5".

I was thinking either 3" all the way and running a 9.8 hotside for more spool, but I couldn't pass up the deal for a free 2.5" dump and front pipe!!

my evo6RS turbo should be arriving any day soon. it has been fully rebuilt, micropolished everything, ported and polished comp housing.

im hoping to see spool/boost as early as possible! 240kw was my goal .. maybe like you i might be surprised with more! I didnt think that stock injectors could hold that sort of power.
That should be a nice improvement on the turbo, 240 is really the limit before you do any fuel mods, but if so then I think you should smash 240! I hope the 2.5" is big enough for what you need tho!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 02:51 AM

That should be a nice improvement on the turbo, 240 is really the limit before you do any fuel mods, but if so then I think you should smash 240! I hope the 2.5" is big enough for what you need tho!
what fuel mods did you do to support 280?
thought stock fuel injectors were capped around 250??
did you bump the pressure?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evo 6 - 375whp - stock turbo & cams 98 Pump