Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Neal's Built 2.0L FP Zero GSC S2 MAP Rev3 93oct + meth results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Neal's Built 2.0L FP Zero GSC S2 MAP Rev3 93oct + meth results

I wanted to share Neal's results on his 93oct and 610cc of meth/water injection tune.
I know others want to see more feedback on the stock frame new line up of FP turbos.

Here's another FP Zero bolted onto a low/mid compression 2.0L engine

Temps outside were roughly 53F during the tuning.

Mods are:

Built 2.0L 9:1 wiseco/manley
CBRE ported head /w 1mm over valves
GSC S2 cams
FP Zero Turbo (SS housing)
STM downpipe/3in exhaust/ no cat.
MAP rev 3 intake manifold /w Full Blown 70mm
Muse UICP
ETS LICP V2.
ETS 4" intercooler
Buschur double pumper
FIC 1100cc inj (81.6% IDC @ 11.6 AFR)
6an fuel feed from rail to stock hardline.
Devilsown meth injection kit. 50/50 meth/water 610cc
Grimmspeed EBCS + hallman pro in cabin mbc.
spoolinup non cdi
Tephra v7 speed density /w hybrid 2 stage boost control

Graph attached has two 3rd gear pulls - low & high boost. One 4th gear pull to show the vehicle with the gearing it needs to take advantage of the FP Zero, which you can see resulted in higher power due to the vehicle having time to load up and build momentum from the torque.

Sometime in future we will put the FiTronic on this car and make some custom mixed ethanol blends so he can run straight injection instead of a nozzle before the plenum which most know is sketchy at times due to the cylinders not seeing the same mixture 100% evenly across.

Car went 11.14 @ 128.7 with more in it.

Last edited by tscompusa; Nov 16, 2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I wanted to share Neal's results on his 93oct and 610cc of meth/water injection tune.
I know others want to see more feedback on the stock frame new line up of FP turbos.

Here's another FP Zero bolted onto a low/mid compression 2.0L engine

Temps outside were roughly 53F during the tuning.

Mods are:

Built 2.0L 9:1 wiseco/manley
CBRE ported head /w 1mm over valves
GSC S2 cams
FP Zero Turbo (SS housing)
STM downpipe/3in exhaust/ no cat.
MAP rev 3 intake manifold /w Full Blown 70mm
Muse UICP
ETS LICP V2.
ETS 4" intercooler
Buschur double pumper
FIC 1100cc inj (81.6% IDC @ 11.6 AFR)
6an fuel feed from rail to stock hardline.
Devilsown meth injection kit. 50/50 meth/water 610cc
Grimmspeed EBCS + hallman pro in cabin mbc.
spoolinup non cdi
Tephra v7 speed density /w hybrid 2 stage boost control

Graph attached has two 3rd gear pulls - low & high boost. One 4th gear pull to show the vehicle with the gearing it needs to take advantage of the FP Zero, which you can see resulted in higher power due to the vehicle having time to load up and build momentum from the torque.

Sometime in future we will put the FiTronic on this car and make some custom mixed ethanol blends so he can run straight injection instead of a nozzle before the plenum which most know is sketchy at times due to the cylinders not seeing the same mixture 100% evenly across.
I've been doing business with Tom since 2012 and once again he delivered a killer tune! Thanks again for your stellar work! I'm looking forward to see what the Fitronic unit can do!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks like a gt3076 kinda numbers to me.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RUDEBOY77
I've been doing business with Tom since 2012 and once again he delivered a killer tune! Thanks again for your stellar work! I'm looking forward to see what the Fitronic unit can do!
Thanks Neal! Pleasure working with you!

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Looks like a gt3076 kinda numbers to me.
The FP Zero is probably close to a 3788R, so nothing like a 3076R.

This setup would not make very good numbers with the 3076R on it.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 09:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Neal already got his car to the 1/4. (Something I need to do with my silver evo soon)

Temps were 20F hotter then tuning night, and still running the same trim/weight/ everything vs tuning.

So vehicle was putting down roughly 520whp ish in 4th gear & 460whp ish in 3rd and came back with this slip (left lane).

Video of pass:

http://www.facebook.com/brad.alexand...type=2&theater

Last edited by tscompusa; Nov 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spool is nice for the ss housing plus 2.0. +1 for e85 results
Old Nov 5, 2015, 02:33 AM

Thanks Neal! Pleasure working with you!

The FP Zero is probably close to a 3788R, so nothing like a 3076R.

This setup would not make very good numbers with the 3076R on it.
Definitely would not make that much power with the 3076R with this setup.

Before my engine decided to disintegrate I made 448hp @2 bar and I have a cnc'd head, throttle, R2 cams with a stock bottom end.

So in no way does it even resemble this turbo
Old Nov 5, 2015, 03:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Ya I can only do so much with what im given. This cars basically on 93oct with a little bit of meth/water. Im not trying to lean on the meth/water either to the point where the car becomes dangerous without the meth/water.

We still take advantage of its cooling properties, but we dont go nuts or anything.

I believe were gonna put FiTRONIC on this car in the near future so we will have some real nice numbers and track times.

I am not a fan of meth injection unless its injected directly into each runner individually. There's to many things going on when its sprayed pre throttle body. I cant have complete confidence each cyl is seeing the same amount of atomization
Old Nov 5, 2015, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Physics dictate that it is not possible for each cylinder to get the same exact amount of meth. The only way to make sure of that is to have one injector installed on each inlet manifold runner.

I have no idea of how much you pushed the above specific setup but I am pretty sure that it has a lot more in it as it seems like one composed well. The numbers give me the impression that you have been pretty conservative in your tune and judging from other work you have done so far I am also sure you can get more out of it.

Marios

Last edited by Evo8cy; Nov 5, 2015 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bruh 2.0 engines don't be spooling turbos my 2.4 gets 32 psi at 4600rpms lol
Plus is he gonna use race gas? why did he get tuned on 1100CC injectors???
Old Nov 9, 2015, 04:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo8cy
Physics dictate that it is not possible for each cylinder to get the same exact amount of meth. The only way to make sure of that is to have one injector installed on each inlet manifold runner.

I have no idea of how much you pushed the above specific setup but I am pretty sure that it has a lot more in it as it seems like one composed well. The numbers give me the impression that you have been pretty conservative in your tune and judging from other work you have done so far I am also sure you can get more out of it.

Marios
Its only 610cc of meth/water. No ones getting more power out of here safely more then what is pushed out right now.

The 3rd gear isn't long enough to load the turbo/car up, so it lacks power, but 4th gear clearly shows the power curve.

4th gear it produced 548whp. 3rd gear 481whp.

It was 20F hotter during the 1/4 passes and the car did about a 127 trap. So 520whp in 4th, 460whp in 3rd that 127 trap is dead on the money.

Originally Posted by MRadjahoe
Bruh 2.0 engines don't be spooling turbos my 2.4 gets 32 psi at 4600rpms lol
Plus is he gonna use race gas? why did he get tuned on 1100CC injectors???
More displacement always spools a turbo quicker. Its only using 81% injectors that's why. Its not necessary at the moment. It will be mandatory if he does E85 though.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Its only 610cc of meth/water. No ones getting more power out of here safely more then what is pushed out right now.

The 3rd gear isn't long enough to load the turbo/car up, so it lacks power, but 4th gear clearly shows the power curve.

4th gear it produced 548whp. 3rd gear 481whp.

It was 20F hotter during the 1/4 passes and the car did about a 127 trap. So 520whp in 4th, 460whp in 3rd that 127 trap is dead on the money.

Although I did not read the thread correctly and was with the idea that the setup was on E85 hence my comment of low power, with 610cc of meth/water injector you should be around 95-96 oct which is like our 100oct ron over here, or was that is, cause we don't get it anymore. I would expect the fp zero, a turbo which is like an fp hta86, on this setup to be 540-550 whp on a mustang dyno such as Buschur's not on VD.

I am familiar with dynos and dyno loading, for sure 4th's gearing loads the car more than the third's, hence whenever I used dynos, the car was dynoed on fourth.

Do not get me wrong about my commenting, but it is kind of strange to me to see the specific results as I expected a bit more even with 93oct+ 610cc water/meth, around 50hp more on VD to be more precise. I run a similar to the above setup, self built and tuned, but on an fp black, and when I tested the car on the road consistently with various other setups, among them were setups such as a 2.3L fully built block+head gtx3076 with tial 1.06 housing,motec etc, and 2.0L fully gtx3582r builts, stock frame and externally gated respectively, none has beaten my own, hence why I also expected the fp zero to give more power. I have not dynoed the car with the last changes I made, but based on my experience in tuning and motorsport and on the results I got on the road, I would say the car is putting down 530-540 whp on a Buschur's dyno.

Marios

Last edited by Evo8cy; Nov 9, 2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added comment
Old Nov 10, 2015, 03:48 AM
Former Sponsor

If we put it on E85 we will see what it does.

As is its maxed out on its current configuration.

127 is a good starting point for 93oct + a mild mix of meth/water injection.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 01:50 PM

Wow! Making me want to go GREEN!
Old Nov 13, 2015, 01:51 PM

By green, I mean E85! :P

Quick Reply: Neal's Built 2.0L FP Zero GSC S2 MAP Rev3 93oct + meth results