Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Built 2.0L FP HTA3582R GSC S2 AMS F1i FiTRONIC E72

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Built 2.0L FP HTA3582R GSC S2 AMS F1i FiTRONIC E72

I haven't posted in here in a little bit. Hopefully a few of you guys missed my posts

We have been very busy at the shop fixing/troubleshooting/repairing vehicles and bringing them back to full health again. I have a lot of cool combination in parts to share at the shop that I know a lot of you guys will enjoy. One includes the BBK-BBB we are doing a full build on. Prior it made over 500whp on 93 + meth on stock block, which triggered the owner in wanting more, so we are rebuilding the engine to handle more power safely.

For now I have a vehicle we completed with the FiTRONIC Flex Fuel system for the stock ecu. More info below:

Here are the results of Juan's Evo IX after repairing countless issues with it. For example, boost leaks, failing adjustable cam gear swapped for OEM (very lucky this didn't bend valves), new ground wires, new FPR, new fuel pump/filter, new narrowband o2, new timing belt, new crank angle sensor & trigger plate, new plugs, new map sensor, siphon was drilled out when it wasn't supposed to be making the car stall with still a full other saddle full of fuel (tricking the gas gauge), and the list goes on and on. Full story here: facebook.com/tscomptuned/posts/1258008010895378

After troubleshooting and repairing the vehicle (had a very lean issue at 3500RPM only (caused by the AFPR (Please stick to your OEM unless you're running something large like a rewired 450 pump), we began extracting power. Sooner then we knew it, 700WHP came.

The vehicle being equipped with a MR 6 speed trans was not very happy. Just over 520wtq put it over the edge, and now the transmission needs swapped for a 5 speed. We will complete this conversion and share round #2

This vehicle was originally brought to the shop for just tuning, but we ended up having to fix a lot of mechanical faults.

The vehicle is equipped with FiTRONIC, so you're able to self blend between any ethanol content you want without adjusting the tune/switching maps (Which allows you to mix regular octane fuel at the gas station with E85 and not have to worry about the tune going bad. Those who are still interested in this PM me. I've sold a lot of kits, and plan on selling many more. Those who are waiting patiently for it, I have your kits in stock now, we are just waiting on displays to arrive.

The current results being shared are E72 since its still a winter blend Ethanol here. The vehicle was tuned on straight 93 as well, but I'll wait for the 5 speed swap to share the full sweep of octane/ethanol content.

Mods on the vehicle are:

-Built 2.0L 10.5:1 /w balance shafts still intact (We do not recommend keeping balance shafts)
-HTA 3582R .82 AR
-AMS T3 turbo kit /w larger hotside
-AMS F1i intake manifold
-Boomba 70mm TB
-Southbay 2200cc injectors
-Buschur Double Pumper /w both pumps modded
-DSS carbon fiber driveshaft
-GSC S2 cams
-3inch exhaust
-Sparktech pro CDI ignition
-Ams 3.5 inch intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port + hallman pro mbc
FiTRONIC Flex Fuel program /w 2 stage boost control

Graph below:

Misc pics of build:

Stay tuned for round #2 once we complete the 6 speed to 5 speed conversion
and share new results of full blending in affect with the FiTRONIC.

Thanks for reading.

Here's the Final results /w 5 speed installed and full Flex blending enabled (All pulls in 3rd):

Last edited by tscompusa; May 21, 2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Tom I know when you don't post for awhile you are super busy for sure, hey I'm very familiar with that bbk-b setup lol
The following users liked this post:
tscompusa (Apr 21, 2016)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job Tom!! This makes me look forward to my tune.

Bryan
tscompusa (Apr 21, 2016)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
That's a really nice powerband for a big turbo 2.0.
tscompusa (Apr 21, 2016)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Your thread just explained why I ran out of fuel while I still had 1/4 tank left.
I drilled the siphon and I suppose it's too big.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 04:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII
Tom I know when you don't post for awhile you are super busy for sure, hey I'm very familiar with that bbk-b setup lol
Yep I was referring to your car John.

Originally Posted by bryanf
Nice job Tom!! This makes me look forward to my tune.

Bryan
Thanks Bryan!

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
That's a really nice powerband for a big turbo 2.0.
Thanks! If we rev it out high we get about 4000RPM of powerband. It is definitely a fun setup. We will share more once we finish the 5 speed conversion.

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
Your thread just explained why I ran out of fuel while I still had 1/4 tank left.
I drilled the siphon and I suppose it's too big.
Glad it helped you. I had to trouble shoot that, and was very happy once I found the issue on the customers car. At first I thought it was just the float arm being stuck.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:23 PM
Former Sponsor

If anyone wants to hear what a dying 6 speed MR trans sounds like heres the video:

In this video it was in 3rd gear, so the car was roughly around id say maybe 650whp.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Also I wanted to mention we have FiTRONIC kits in stock. Just PM me for more information. I have full entire plug and play kits that come with the flex sensor, hose, quick disconnect fittings, fuel hose clamps , etc.

If you already have the flex sensor in the car, all you need is the kit itself then. I will be sharing a bunch of high HP cars soon in various different turbo trims, bolt on's etc with the FiTRONIC on board.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which water radiator is this? OEM?

Michael.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 03:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by maikcat
which water radiator is this? OEM?

Michael.
Hi Michael.

That's the CBRD ultra slim full size radiator. Its a work of art.

http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/ultr...ator-with-fan/
Old Apr 22, 2016, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Hi Tom, do you recommend removing the balance shaft for high horsepower builds (high revving applications) or all builds (stock frame turbo rebuilds)?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I love the idea of this fuel blend with stock ECU... its a reason to bring me to ethanol.

Keep up the good work!
tscompusa (Apr 23, 2016)
Old Apr 23, 2016, 03:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Hi Tom, do you recommend removing the balance shaft for high horsepower builds (high revving applications) or all builds (stock frame turbo rebuilds)?
Hi Ronald.

Yes I recommend removing them whenever you get the chance. If the engines coming out for a refresh or rebuild I would pull the shafts and flip the bearings.

We see a lot of cars come to the shop where the balance shafts are the main cause of the engine failure from the bearing getting chewed up from revving to high.

Also on a well balanced engine, you honestly can't tell a difference with and without balance shafts. Its less rotation, so the engine becomes a little more responsive, and you pickup a little bit extra performance as well.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 03:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
I love the idea of this fuel blend with stock ECU... its a reason to bring me to ethanol.

Keep up the good work!
It is really cool! You should invest in it if its something you want to do with your car. It works amazing. I was extremely skeptical the first car I tuned it on, but I was turned into a believer quick with it after I understood it more and started adjusting blending tables.

It is really neat, and its pretty cool being able to see what ethanol % you have, and knowing its going to make X amount of power with whatever content is reading on the gauge.

I was thinking about doing a group buy if its allowed on this forum, and saving people a lot of $.

Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Group buy would be great!

Quick Reply: Built 2.0L FP HTA3582R GSC S2 AMS F1i FiTRONIC E72