Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2.4LR ETS T3 6266 turbo kit GSC S2 93oct

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
2.4LR ETS T3 6266 turbo kit GSC S2 93oct

After countless attempts to get Doug's Evo tuned and running into issues, we finally nailed it. Doug ended up having to add a 2nd wastegate to his old ETS exhaust manifold due to boost creep issues.

Due to rain we did the tune on the dyno, and it turned out exactly how I expected. Remote/email dyno tuning is nice, because we are able to get pulls done quicker and more efficient, but of course isn't necessary.

After the dyno session it was dry, so I had Doug go out and do a pull with the tune directly off the dyno as well, and we got both VD results in dynojet mode, and the actual mustang dyno results.

Mods are:

2.4LR
CBRE Ported head
GSC S2 cams (non billet)
Buschur ported intake manifold
Buschur ported 65mm TB
ETS FMIC / Tial Q bov
Bosch 2200cc injectors @ 61-62% IDC
Dual Aeromotive 340lph in-tank / -8 feed
ETS T3 Turbokit /w two 44mm wastegates
Journal Bearing PTE 6266
Tephra v7 speed density /w mbc

579whp / 494wtq on the Mustang Dyno
619whp / 532wtq on VD dynojet mode

Graph of VD & Mustang dyno below:

Mustang (Smoothing of (20):

VD (Dynojet mode):

Few cool pictures taken during tuning:

Last edited by tscompusa; May 6, 2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old May 6, 2016, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't say enough about Tom's customer service and patience. We ran into fueling issues on initial tuning session which was fixed only to discover that the manifold needed a second WG to keep the boost in check and then a failed 3 port solenoid led us to just stick an old fashioned MBC to get this tuned today. Street tuning preferred but weather wasn't cooperating so Command Performance hooked me up with the dyno for the day so Tom could work his magic and magic he did. Car feels amazing on the street.

Thanks again,

Doug
The following users liked this post:
tscompusa (May 9, 2016)
Old May 6, 2016, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Cannot see graphs
Old May 7, 2016, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Average power is awesome for 93 oct! Love the "e85" boost levels on pump gas... Give us guys hope who dont live near e85
tscompusa (May 9, 2016)
Old May 7, 2016, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Tom
I cannot believe the power on 93��
Love how low backpressure efficient full frame allows timing and boost even on 93.
tscompusa (May 9, 2016)
Old May 8, 2016, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Freddy302
Average power is awesome for 93 oct! Love the "e85" boost levels on pump gas... Give us guys hope who dont live near e85
I think it has a bit more in it on pump if I had the Fp5r cams back in it or a set of GSC S3 cams and a better intake manifold. Believe it or not I am pretty sure the car is running knock free at this point and probably had another psi or two but I didn't want to push it myself lol. To the E85 point I have two stations total in my state both 40 minutes from my house so e85 was possibly I guess for tuning purposes but not practical at this time.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rotaryboxer
I can't say enough about Tom's customer service and patience. We ran into fueling issues on initial tuning session which was fixed only to discover that the manifold needed a second WG to keep the boost in check and then a failed 3 port solenoid led us to just stick an old fashioned MBC to get this tuned today. Street tuning preferred but weather wasn't cooperating so Command Performance hooked me up with the dyno for the day so Tom could work his magic and magic he did. Car feels amazing on the street.

Thanks again,

Doug
Thanks Doug! Pleasure working with you. I'm glad we were able to both work together and finally figure this car out!

Originally Posted by Freddy302
As I was tuning this, I thought of you haha. I knew you would comment if you seen this. You love 93oct.

I stopped adding boost/timing before the vehicle even started to knock, there's more in it yet.

Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
Tom
I cannot believe the power on 93��
Love how low backpressure efficient full frame allows timing and boost even on 93.
Ya it took good timing & lots of boost! We had to spike the boost down low in order for the mbc to hold up top, but no knock throughout the entire tuning session.

I think it has a bit more in it on pump if I had the Fp5r cams back in it or a set of GSC S3 cams and a better intake manifold. Believe it or not I am pretty sure the car is running knock free at this point and probably had another psi or two but I didn't want to push it myself lol. To the E85 point I have two stations total in my state both 40 minutes from my house so e85 was possibly I guess for tuning purposes but not practical at this time.
It has more in it. I could get it over 600 on that mustang i think, but it would require a 3 port that functions properly to bump the top end up. I wouldn't want to spike any higher boost then what it is now on 93.

A bigger set of cams would definitely make it more efficient as well no doubt.
black E (May 13, 2016)
Old May 9, 2016, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great power Doug
Old May 13, 2016, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Replacing S2 cams!

Would you be able to guess a # in whp/wtq gains from replacing the S2 with R2 Cams with this particular platform on same boost levels?
Old May 15, 2016, 07:16 AM

Man...you make me want to throw my FP5R cams back in and put a new 3 port on it...tempting since I still have the car and cam swap is easy.
Old May 18, 2016, 03:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo__Lee
Would you be able to guess a # in whp/wtq gains from replacing the S2 with R2 Cams with this particular platform on same boost levels?
Around 8-10% more power.

Man...you make me want to throw my FP5R cams back in and put a new 3 port on it...tempting since I still have the car and cam swap is easy.