Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 8 Stock block FP black - 402 HP 318 TQ - 29 psi - Buschur Tuned

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bhsj13
grats! im sure its fun. if buschur tuned it, then its fine.
Thank you! It is really fun now, and it sounds awesome spooling up. I'm happy for now, but the quest for horsepower is never ending
Old Apr 11, 2017, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
ACT XTSS. Has about 3 years, 13k miles, and at least 60 launches on it. Still holding great.
Wow, that is awesome!
I'm curious to see how this dyno graph compares to a VD graph.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
Wow, that is awesome!
I'm curious to see how this dyno graph compares to a VD graph.
Yeah it seems like a lot but over three years of going to the track, I go at least 5 times each summer and I get 4 or 5 runs each time, so all that not counting runs on the street. I've been very impressed with it, Id buy another one

I'm very curious about the VD as well. Trying to get one this weekend
Old Apr 12, 2017, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
Buschur has explained time and time again that it is setup exactly the way Mustang set it up to begin with, what difference does it make to you what numbers it puts out anyway? I've seen a local mustang dyno read higher than any dynojet. A dyno is a tool, plain and simple. It works as intended.
Hm Yes, then why even get it dyno'd if numbers dont matter. Herp a derp.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerrally45
Hm Yes, then why even get it dyno'd if numbers dont matter. Herp a derp.
I didn't get it dyno'd, I got it tuned. Obviously you use a dyno to measure gains in horsepower. It doesn't matter how a dyno compares to another, it is a tuning tool. Comparing one cars numbers made on one dyno, to another cars numbers at a different dyno on a different day, is really not a good comparison. Same dyno same day, trap speed, or 40 rolls will compare power
Old Apr 12, 2017, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

The comment I made was not directed at you. But to add to this, why even post a dyno graph then? Should have just posted a thread saying, "Someone else worked on my car because I dont know how to". It would have made more sense.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 07:39 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
the only paper that matters is the time slip. That being said a dyno graph is useful in evaluating how the car will behave. The highest numbers aren't terribly important, but the shape of the curve and the area below it will give a good indicator of what to expect.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerrally45
The comment I made was not directed at you. But to add to this, why even post a dyno graph then? Should have just posted a thread saying, "Someone else worked on my car because I dont know how to". It would have made more sense.
Lol really dude? Everything that's done to my car was done by me. Every single performance part on it was bought and paid for and installed by me. I even did the tephramods by myself, and tuned my 20G map and it worked well enough to get me 12.33. BUT, I'm not a tuner. You know who is? David Buschur. Which is why I trusted him to make some power with it and keep the block in one piece. You're coming off as the reason Every one thinks Evo owners are *******s
The following 4 users liked this post by 740 Turbo Brick:
butte (Dec 4, 2017), IzzyRS (Apr 12, 2017), seeaich (May 20, 2017), six40 (Dec 8, 2017)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
the only paper that matters is the time slip. That being said a dyno graph is useful in evaluating how the car will behave. The highest numbers aren't terribly important, but the shape of the curve and the area below it will give a good indicator of what to expect.
Exactly. Which I would like to see what it does Saturday at the local test and tune if it doesn't rain
Old Apr 12, 2017, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Lancerrally45

You sure have a lot of free time to make a lot of comments and even "correct" continuously OP, yet you did not even "know" Buschur Mustang reads, is calibrated, to standard MD - not DJ or other.

Please, don't feel obligated to rebuttal my comment, have last word: let it go.

OP, great numbers for stock frame on pump fuel. To get more power on pump fuel it takes large full frame turbo to lower backpressure to allow more timing, and costs considerably more.

Given you use FP Black, I sense this is long term view to 2.3, as FP Red would have resulted in similar result with more street friendly spool.

Enjoy.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
Lol really dude? Everything that's done to my car was done by me. Every single performance part on it was bought and paid for and installed by me. I even did the tephramods by myself, and tuned my 20G map and it worked well enough to get me 12.33. BUT, I'm not a tuner. You know who is? David Buschur. Which is why I trusted him to make some power with it and keep the block in one piece. You're coming off as the reason Every one thinks Evo owners are *******s
Let me know how that Buschur BUILT block turns out for you.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
yet you did not even "know" Buschur Mustang reads, is calibrated, to standard MD - not DJ or other.
Because I dont rely on other people to do my work for me? Yes, forgive me for not giving someone $300-$700 for a dyno tune.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 08:05 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
yah because everyone owns a machine shop right, engine assembly is not the same as engine blueprinting. It makes perfect sense to outsource short block machining to a shop with the proper facilities. I know how to blueprint an engine, and its for that reason I would research and pay a good shop to do it for me.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 09:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Respectabel numbers man. I'm sure the car is a blast. No reason to try beating the bearings out of it for another 30hp on pump gas. Throw it on a dynojet and it probably makes around 450ish.

Now, put it on some E and let it eat
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
Lancerrally45

You sure have a lot of free time to make a lot of comments and even "correct" continuously OP, yet you did not even "know" Buschur Mustang reads, is calibrated, to standard MD - not DJ or other.

Please, don't feel obligated to rebuttal my comment, have last word: let it go.

OP, great numbers for stock frame on pump fuel. To get more power on pump fuel it takes large full frame turbo to lower backpressure to allow more timing, and costs considerably more.

Given you use FP Black, I sense this is long term view to 2.3, as FP Red would have resulted in similar result with more street friendly spool.

Enjoy.
Thank you, and yes I got the black because I wanted to have a bigger turbo now but have room to grow in the future. And when I mentioned wanting the 2.0LR, Daves instant response was that a 2.3 would be best to make use of this turbo. I don't mind the lagginess too much, but I'm sure I'll notice it more when I need boost but I'm under 4k rpm lol

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Respectabel numbers man. I'm sure the car is a blast. No reason to try beating the bearings out of it for another 30hp on pump gas. Throw it on a dynojet and it probably makes around 450ish.

Now, put it on some E and let it eat
Thank you, I appreciate it! It really is fun to drive now, it was before but now it sounds awesome and doesn't stop pulling until redline. And exactly on the beating it up for no reason. I told Dave to keep going to whatever he feels comfortable to. I didn't realize the limits of 93 were so easily attained. I have gone back and forth about switching to E85 but I don't have any local stations that have it, so for now I'm stuck with 93

Quick Reply: Evo 8 Stock block FP black - 402 HP 318 TQ - 29 psi - Buschur Tuned