Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Dual maps?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual maps?

I'm new to posting. I have been looking stuff up on here since I got the car 03 ssl Sept 2016. Love this place !
so my question is if I'm on stock ecu with a grimmspeed 3 port how can I run 2 different boost levels?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome to the site. See the 2 links below.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...hramod-v7.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...hramod-v7.html
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:32 PM

Re

Thanks. I will show my tuner. I'm not sure what program he uses. Is there any type of manual or electric boost controllers that I could use to adjust boost?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:33 PM

Re

Sorry forgot. Is there a boost controller that works with the grimmspeed 3 port
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
There is quite a bit of information in the Engine management/tuning section. If your tuner is not familiar with evos or tephra, I recommmend going to someone that is.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Whickedwhiteevo
Thanks. I will show my tuner. I'm not sure what program he uses. Is there any type of manual or electric boost controllers that I could use to adjust boost?
​​​​​​Tephra V7 will control your 3 port boost controller.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 02:59 PM

I would have to agree with Siluck2 .If your tuner is not familiar with tephra then give it to someone who is. Dual maps with external boost controller is a recipe for disaster . There are a few remote tuners that can do the job .TSComptuned is a great option .
Old Mar 4, 2018, 09:02 PM

Re

Thanks for the replys. I'm confused or idk if I'm being clear. I have gotten the car tuned by drift office in Auburn wa . He did a great job runs great. I'm tuned on 21 psi for now. I wanted to get re tuned at 28 with the grimmspeed 3 port and stock ecu and I asked if there is a way to turn down or up the boost without a computer as I don't have one or the technical skills to use it . Lol I have a g ready electric boost controller / turbo time from a different project. Does something like that work with a three port? I originally wanted to be able to press a button and have a low boost mode and high boost mode on a button with stock ecu and my guy said he couldn't do that. He also steered me away from speed density.. idk getting the car dialed in to take to English racing eventually
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
you can map switch with tephra using the TPS or IC sprayer switch if you have an 8.

What mods do do you have currently? And why only 21psi? Sounds like it’s fairly stock if only 21psi.

anyway, as I said earlier, you should do some reading in the engine tuning/Ecu flash sub-forum to get familiar with what’s possible.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

With Tephra V7 you can switch between low and high boost maps, however you need to be sure your tuner tuned both maps. By what you have described it seems your tuner only tuned 1 map. Most people who use the dual map option with Tephra V7 use the low boost map for pump gas and the high boost map when on E85. Since you are getting your car tuned by English Racing I'd suggest you wait until then. They are familiar with setting up dual maps on Tephra V7. It also might be best if you spent a few hours reading those 2 links I posted earlier that way you at least understand what is going to be done to your car when you get retuned.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:30 PM

Re

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
With Tephra V7 you can switch between low and high boost maps, however you need to be sure your tuner tuned both maps. By what you have described it seems your tuner only tuned 1 map. Most people who use the dual map option with Tephra V7 use the low boost map for pump gas and the high boost map when on E85. Since you are getting your car tuned by English Racing I'd suggest you wait until then. They are familiar with setting up dual maps on Tephra V7. It also might be best if you spent a few hours reading those 2 links I posted earlier that way you at least understand what is going to be done to your car when you get retuned.
Okay thanks this is all making sense thanks. So that's exactly what I wanted was a high boost mode on the intercooler spray button on. And low boost with it off. My tuner said he couldn't do that.. he did say I had a alternative fuel map slot open. Which kinda confused me.. as for mods I purchased the car used from a stealer ship. i went thru it new plugs new fluids fixed vacuum leaks and it became clear the car had a big turbo and they took stuff of to trade it in. So I looked at the pistons they were clean and looked new with mild valve noches and numbers on the tops of them. So I'm assuming a mild bottom end build I plan on pulling the pan at some point has hks valve springs arp studs cossworth m2s map exhaust manifold with o2 dump gready intercooler and pipes tomie evo9 bov stock intake manifold and injectors. Spooling up cop aftermarket wastegate actuater.
fuel pump can be heard outside the car but I haven't checked on it. I went to tune car because it
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:38 PM

Okay thanks this is all making sense thanks. So that's exactly what I wanted was a high boost mode on the intercooler spray button on. And low boost with it off. My tuner said he couldn't do that.. he did say I had a alternative fuel map slot open. Which kinda confused me.. as for mods I purchased the car used from a stealer ship. i went thru it new plugs new fluids fixed vacuum leaks and it became clear the car had a big turbo and they took stuff of to trade it in. So I looked at the pistons they were clean and looked new with mild valve noches and numbers on the tops of them. So I'm assuming a mild bottom end build I plan on pulling the pan at some point has hks valve springs arp studs cossworth m2s map exhaust manifold with o2 dump gready intercooler and pipes tomie evo9 bov stock intake manifold and injectors. Spooling up cop aftermarket wastegate actuater.
fuel pump can be heard outside the car but I haven't checked on it. I went to tune car because it
Re I sent before I finished lol I went to get the car tuned after sorting out leaks and other underboosting issues so during the tune @20 ish psi it made or I found a nother boost leak so we called it a day I fixed the small leak and he had a baby and was on vacation and now I have a 9 turbo to install.. I still made 360 awhp on pump at 21psi with small leak. So my plan is check on pump and install 9 turbo and go to English. I wanted the 2 maps on the button for cool factor and for when I got the gf in the car lol. I enjoy a fast daily I'm am shooting for 400 awhp on pump with the 9 turbo.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:39 PM

Re

Re I sent before I finished lol I went to get the car tuned after sorting out leaks and other underboosting issues so during the tune @20 ish psi it made or I found a nother boost leak so we called it a day I fixed the small leak and he had a baby and was on vacation and now I have a 9 turbo to install.. I still made 360 awhp on pump at 21psi with small leak. So my plan is check on pump and install 9 turbo and
EEnglishEnglnglish. I wanted the 2 maps on the button for cool factor and for when I got the gf in the car lol. I enjoy a fast daily I'm am shooting for 400 awhp on pump with the 9 turbo.

Thanks again sorry if I am ranting. I appreciate all the responses
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
Re thanks I will get more familiar with what's possible.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine to switch maps i have to turn on the key and step on the gas.when i see the check engine light flash i know i switch maps. I had always heard to in order to tune dual map needed bigger fuel pump well at least e85 compatible boost controller and injectors (over 1000cc) i have pistons rods all valve trained intercooler cams injectors fuel pump intake boost controller pretty much it. They asked if i wanted aggressive tune or normal. Since its my daily i said a normal tune. I made 370whp on 85. And left as factory on 91. I messed up there. I should have asked for agressive tune i could have just taken it easy. But then again not sure if it only made 370 cuz my tcase not working and only my front wheel spin not my back ones meaning i got fwd evo

Quick Reply: Dual maps?