Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Tscomptuned

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
Since FiTronic is only Flex Fuel ROM for Evo 8/9, obviously some tuners using altarnative hardware and lower prices with it..are cutting a corner:
That corner is compensating FiTronic for the ROM. They simply use it without agreement and compensation for the license.

English Racing uses FiTronic ROM with alternative hardware, and compensates FiTronic for use of FF ROM.
English Racing is reputable company who values its own reputation and moral standards, not willing to compromise itself for $50 or $100 per installation.

Bare that in mind when choosing your FF tuner and hardware:
  1. because the person who reasons its OK to "cut a corner" with supplier, and use the ROM for free, may also think there are other corners to cut that will earn them more money for less work or investment.
  2. They are tuning your engine ECU: a short cut can easily result in $7,000-10,000 damage to the engine, and maybe a really bad day at the track, or somewhere on a trip?

Although $1000 may seem expensive to some of you to gain Flex Fuel capability.
Imagine Evo without the FiTronic ROM:
  1. You want to do Flex Fuel? You have to get Stand Alone, without available FiTronic FF.
  2. Most stand alones for Evo were wired in, until recently: a lot of additional work.
  3. Even if plug-in, it will be far more then $1000 for hardware alone,plus tuning.
  4. Now the FiTronic FF seems really a nice option, because you can get FF for $1,000 tuned, not hack up your OEM harness, pass smog in California and other states that require it with stock ECU, and at the time of resale, you can keep FiTronic or sell it separately..its plug-n-play.
That is a lot of value, for little money, and most of us feel good to pay for good value.

This x1000. I will just have to wait till Tom gets back with me.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:40 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
.... $50 or $100 per installation.
  1. Now the FiTronic FF seems really a nice option, because you can get FF for $1,000 tuned, not hack up your OEM harness, pass smog in California and other states that require it with stock ECU,.
I'm actually looking at saving $500, which may not be a lot for some but is for me. Also, I haven't had to hack anything and I still pass smog in CA same as before.
I don't know who has which licensing or permissions, that's not my business. That's for the tuners and owners of rights to discuss. If there is some "magic" that FiTronic does that can't be done with an AEM signal, I'm more than willing to listen.
But seeing how this is all super secret info (which is weird for this community, but is what it is), I don't imagine anyone would be forthcoming with actual information (as opposed to a sales pitch) one way or the other. Seeing how my use for flex fuel may be different than others (getting home from the race track, etc. Never racing with mixed fuel), I'll most likely stick with my original plan. Though, I could save my pennies and probably have $1,000 by the time I heard back from TSC. Kidding, but you know.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 01:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Since FiTronic is only Flex Fuel ROM for Evo 8/9, obviously some tuners using altarnative hardware and lower prices with it..are cutting a corner:
That corner is compensating FiTronic for the ROM. They simply use it without agreement and compensation for the license.

English Racing uses FiTronic ROM with alternative hardware, and compensates FiTronic for use of FF ROM.
English Racing is reputable company who values its own reputation and moral standards, not willing to compromise itself for $50 or $100 per installation.

Bare that in mind when choosing your FF tuner and hardware:
  1. because the person who reasons its OK to "cut a corner" with supplier, and use the ROM for free, may also think there are other corners to cut that will earn them more money for less work or investment.
  2. They are tuning your engine ECU: a short cut can easily result in $7,000-10,000 damage to the engine, and maybe a really bad day at the track, or somewhere on a trip?

Although $1000 may seem expensive to some of you to gain Flex Fuel capability.
Imagine Evo without the FiTronic ROM:
  1. You want to do Flex Fuel? You have to get Stand Alone, without available FiTronic FF.
  2. Most stand alones for Evo were wired in, until recently: a lot of additional work.
  3. Even if plug-in, it will be far more then $1000 for hardware alone,plus tuning.
  4. Now the FiTronic FF seems really a nice option, because you can get FF for $1,000 tuned, not hack up your OEM harness, pass smog in California and other states that require it with stock ECU, and at the time of resale, you can keep FiTronic or sell it separately..its plug-n-play.
That is a lot of value, for little money, and most of us feel good to pay for good value.
The Fitronic "kit" is nothing special. It's mostly the ROM that is important. Otherwise it's just an ECA wire into the same pin on the ECU that you would wire an old school (tephra V5) map switch into.

ER has had good success implanting the Fitronic ROM with the Zeitronix ECA on my car, and one of my client's cars. It's a little more work because the Zeitronix outputs 0-5v and the ROM is scaled for .5-4.5v but it's not a huge deal. You can also use an innovate ECA, which outputs.5-4.5v.

OP, if you want flex fuel, and you want to work with a shop/tuner you can actually get a hold and that will produce a solid and reliable tune, I highly suggest English Racing.

Last edited by letsgetthisdone; Sep 24, 2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Had the voltages backwards.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I reached out to English, from what the person I talked to said, they do not have the ability to do a true FF setup on the stock ECU. I would much prefer English as they are not terribly far from me and are very responsive.

I'll call them again, ty
Old Sep 21, 2018, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
LOL I was reading these posts in class and an used to "FF" meaning "forward facing". Now that I reread, I gotcha LOL.
anyway, a couple tuners have ROM definitions for flex fuel using other sensors. Going through TSComp/fitronic is another ,though far more expensive option. He quoted me $1000 for the time and fitronic setup.
I've been dual map ever since.
😂
yeah I thought the same as in forward facing turbo set up and was saying man there a lot of options out there , but then realized he meant flex fuel.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhaze71
I reached out to English, from what the person I talked to said, they do not have the ability to do a true FF setup on the stock ECU. I would much prefer English as they are not terribly far from me and are very responsive.

I'll call them again, ty
I think your better off calling English , I waited almost a year to get my car back from Tscomp when he did my build as he is always swamped and tough to get a hold of.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 04:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Off topic, I'm planning to get my car built by him by next year, how's the work? Any issues with your build since u got ur car back?

You can pm as to not derail the thread.

Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII

I think your better off calling English , I waited almost a year to get my car back from Tscomp when he did my build as he is always swamped and tough to get a hold of.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Engilsh.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Last edited by XSivPSI; Sep 24, 2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: NM
Old Sep 24, 2018, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
The Fitronic "kit" is nothing special. It's mostly the ROM that is important. Otherwise it's just an ECA wire into the same pin on the ECU that you would wire an old school (tephra V5) map switch into.

ER has had good success implanting the Fitronic ROM with the Zeitronix ECA on my car, and one of my client's cars. It's a little more work because the Zeitronix outputs .5-4.5v and the ROM is scaled for 0-5v but it's not a huge deal. You can also use an innovate ECA, which outputs 0-5v.

OP, if you want flex fuel, and you want to work with a shop/tuner you can actually get a hold and that will produce a solid and reliable tune, I highly suggest English Racing.
Thorough professionals and passionate about what they do. Sir Aaron will not stop untill he is totally satisfied.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Tom is pissed

From his instagram

Last edited by Dakota Evo; Sep 24, 2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakota Evo
Tom is pissed

From his instagram
Tom doesn't exactly know what he's talking about.

ER is not "fraudulently" using FiTronic ROM's.

Funny he has time to post stuff like that on IG and FB, but can't return emails from potential clients..
The following 2 users liked this post by LetsGetThisDone:
3gturbo (Sep 25, 2018), japspec (Oct 19, 2018)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
ER has had good success implanting the Fitronic ROM with the Zeitronix ECA on my car, and one of my client's cars. It's a little more work because the Zeitronix outputs 0-5v and the ROM is scaled for .5-4.5v but it's not a huge deal. You can also use an innovate ECA, which outputs.5-4.5v.
Can you please elaborate on this? What exactly must be done to get it to output the correct voltage?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 06:24 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakota Evo
Tom is pissed

From his instagram
It's in his best interest to post all that. He's now got competitors and can no longer hold everyone's time and money ransom.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
It's in his best interest to post all that. He's now got competitors and can no longer hold everyone's time and money ransom.
I have had my fair share of problems as well with him. If my post will not be deleted for sharing I definitely would.