Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Tscomptuned

Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
I have had my fair share of problems as well with him. If my post will not be deleted for sharing I definitely would.
It won't get deleted, he's not even a sponsor here anymore.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:40 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
FWIW, I think it's sad that such a great resource isn't so much any more. For whatever the reason he's withdrawn (we all move on, eventually) and/or something else had changed, it's a bummer because he seemed to do really good work.

Last edited by kaj; Sep 25, 2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Funny he has time to post stuff like that on IG and FB, but can't return emails from potential clients..
I wanted to comment this on his post but I didn't
Old Sep 25, 2018, 01:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
FWIW, I think it's sad that such a great resource isn't so much any more. For whatever the reason he's withdrawn (we all move on, eventually) and/or something else had changed, it's a bummer because he settled to do really good work.
Most places have moved on from forum sponsorship, including ER. Its expensive, and the ROI just isn't there. Forum's are pretty dead compared to what they were 2010-2015. I inquired about it to sell my trailing arms, and it was like $150-$200/month...lol
The following users liked this post:
2winscroll (Sep 26, 2018)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 01:49 PM
kaj

Most places have moved on from forum sponsorship, including ER. Its expensive, and the ROI just isn't there. Forum's are pretty dead compared to what they were 2010-2015. I inquired about it to sell my trailing arms, and it was like $150-$200/month...lol
That's funny. Facebook marketplace and related groups are free ,so BAM.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
I have had my fair share of problems as well with him. If my post will not be deleted for sharing I definitely would.
I would definitely be interested in what you have to say as I was disappointed with him taking a extremely long time with my build along with other issues , if anybody really wants to know just PM me.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII

I would definitely be interested in what you have to say as I was disappointed with him taking a extremely long time with my build along with other issues , if anybody really wants to know just PM me.

Why not just post your story/experience?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 04:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
That's funny. Facebook marketplace and related groups are free ,so BAM.
2 sides to every coin.

One thing to keep in mind is the FB groups aren't searchable. So, when the forums aren't funded by sponsors anymore they will be gone.

All the information for the past 15+ years or so will be dead and offline for this site. Boom.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 05:25 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Abacus
2 sides to every coin.

One thing to keep in mind is the FB groups aren't searchable. So, when the forums aren't funded by sponsors anymore they will be gone.

All the information for the past 15+ years or so will be dead and offline for this site. Boom.
Dramatic, but true for this one site, maybe. There is no shortage of info out there. It's not like people will have to do without.
Boom.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I have had friends who have had issues with Tom getting back to them. Started well but if you notice most etuners start out as etuner because they dont have a shop. They either get a ton of work and after getting a ton of work they ignore the online community. Seen a lot of etuners come through and go away from Evom once they build a solid business.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've moved along, talking to other tuners, if someone can not open any line of communication that does not bode well for any future tuning/relationships.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tom doesn't exactly know what he's talking about.

ER is not "fraudulently" using FiTronic ROM's.

Funny he has time to post stuff like that on IG and FB, but can't return emails from potential clients..
Id donate right now for the rom but I believe all you need is their xml file also thank you for posting that Ive been waiting 2 months for a simple update for my car I sent logs but it seems its not going to happen .....
Old Sep 25, 2018, 07:20 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Jhaze71
I've moved along, talking to other tuners, if someone can not open any line of communication that does not bode well for any future tuning/relationships.
Agreed. When someone can't get back to me about giving them my money, I'm out. A little customer service goes a long way.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Abacus
2 sides to every coin.

FB groups ARE searchable and have been for some time. It's not easy to discover the search function I would agree with: https://www.facebook.com/help/124679...f=uf_permalink
Old Sep 26, 2018, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII

This is not about his tuning skills, just my personal experience with Tom.

Well I go WAY back with Tom, my first tune with him was in 2012. I have tuned with him approximately 5 cars, including mine and maybe 20 others with PDP and Chet Rickerman. So I am not new to online tuning or tuning evos in general.
I always had the typical communication problems with him, and never sticking to our scheduled time. Although he did send me roms whenever he was not busy.

Regardless, I had a friend approach me with his freshly built EvoX and asked me to tune it. I spoke with Tom, paid him his full price for a FLEXFUEL TUNE... I think It was $600
I had double and triple checked the car before starting the tune with him. Everything seemed OK. First rom, usual driveability issues, it wouldn't cruise, it would stutter and drive like ****. I tried to log and send it to him, but he has an ego and would never accept that maybe, it is a tune related problem.
I went through ALL, fuel system, compression check, boost leak test, swapped pumps, swapped injectors, swapped MAP sensor, swapped MAF... Same problem, car was not able to cruise.

After two weeks, my friend was getting seriously upset, and asked me to seek another tuner. I told him to give Tom a chance, but he outright refused. He asked me to speak to Chet Rickerman, and I did.
Chet, is undoubtedly among, if not, the best at EvoX E-Tunes. From the first rom, the car drove PERFECTLY. Without a single hiccup. It took us 2 nights to finish pump gas tune, E-85 and Flexfuel. Nothing was wrong with the car.

When I told Tom about it, he started to bash Chet Rickerman, bash my friend, and personally insult me. I asked him not to be disrespectful but that did not help.
My friend asked me to request a refund from tscomp, because obviously, it was two weeks wasted, and he paid a lot for fixing/removing parts, trying to diagnose a problem with the car like he suggested.

No refund was given, despite having his promise in writing that he will refund, then I took his word, and I paid my friend from my pocket. No refund was ever paid by tscomp, instead he offered to tune my car free of charge, then asked me to pay him, which I did and he never tuned my car. A year later, no tune, no refund. I basically paid tom more than $850 for nothing.
The following users liked this post:
2winscroll (Sep 26, 2018)

Search this Thread