EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   FP Red/4WS/ecu controlled Boost (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/479864-fp-red-4ws-ecu-controlled-boost.html)

EvolvedGTI Mar 13, 2010 01:39 PM

FP Red/4WS/ecu controlled Boost

Today I finished my tune with Tamer of 4WSTuning. I could not be happier. I can NOT get over how smooth the car is now. It is more powerful, and smooth as ice. Before I was road tuned twice by a reputable tuner.

This is where I stop and give the disclaimer. If you want to know who it was, its pretty easy to look at my past posts. I have nothing else to say about it. I wasnt happy, so I left that is all.

Tamer Blows him away. As see in my mod list, I am running 1000cc PTE injectors. Before Tamer worked his majic, they were scaled to 622 meaning as if they were 700 series injectors. Tamer got them dialed in correctly and the way they idle and cruise is INSANE. When I was tuned by the last tuner, him and I both said that my car should be at 450 'no problem'. On my first tune I hit 430/386 on the same mods as now minus ECU controlled Boost(Forge Unos MBC). I had a flutter, and needed a new T/C plus a test pipe. I was told, come back and we will get the power. Needless to say I came back and made the same power with a different BOV and a testpipe instead of HFC.

With the drivabilty problems, i just figured that I had to deal with a modified car. The car was running rich, injectors scaled wrong, and my boost was going way too high. (The reason I switched to ECU-controlled boost)

I am now making more SMOOTHER power, at less boost than previously.

Mod List:

Fp red(64mm)
ported ext manifold
ported im and tb
Cossie M2's
supertech valve springs and retainers
PTE 1000CC injectors
BR intake
BR u/l ic pipes W/ Race fmic
BR TBE w/ bullet and TP
O2 housing
BR catch can
Grimmspeed bcs
Omni power 3 bar
Single Walboro
APS twin vent
Shep transfer case
Bushwacker tranny w/ HD twin
Stock ecu

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/y...athankey16.png

MR Turco Mar 13, 2010 01:45 PM

Do you have a graph starting from a lower RPM? This is pretty late spool for a red. Nice power though.

Also, what VDR mode are you in?

EvolvedGTI Mar 13, 2010 01:48 PM

I'll see if Tamer has one. This chart was the last pull and I started at 3800

on the other tune I was at 430hp-393tq

4WS Tuning Mar 13, 2010 02:08 PM

The Mode is dynojet on vdr. We had to start the logs a little later to avoid bov flutter.

27psi tune

Cheers!

bustin Mar 13, 2010 03:27 PM

Great #s. Great tuner.

Glad you had a good experience with Tamer. Hes the man.

EvoFlash Mar 13, 2010 04:28 PM

Nice #'s and Tamer is the man.

norcalSRTrida Mar 13, 2010 04:54 PM

flutter?...is it surging from the 64mm compressor housing?

good numbers.

gsrboi80 Mar 13, 2010 05:08 PM

Amazing work as usual Tamer {thumbup}

Brokenevo Mar 13, 2010 05:09 PM

awesome stuff man

EvolvedGTI Mar 13, 2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by norcalSRTrida (Post 8092339)
flutter?...is it surging from the 64mm compressor housing?

good numbers.

Yes, I think so.
thanks everyone for the kind words!

MICLOIV Mar 13, 2010 09:19 PM

good stuff man! i really look forward to doing business with Tamer. :thumbup:

stryfetew Mar 13, 2010 09:21 PM

tamer is teh man!@#

BLKCarbonEVO Mar 13, 2010 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by EvolvedGTI (Post 8092373)
Yes, I think so.
thanks everyone for the kind words!

You should call up Robert and get him to send you a 84mm cover. I just put one on my red and it made a world of difference {thumbup}

Mikey

Razor-1 Mar 14, 2010 04:48 AM

Very good!The FP spool up quickly.Do you have a graph starting from a lower RPM?From 3000 rpm maybe?

CMB Mar 14, 2010 06:33 AM

Good numbers on less boost! Looks like you made a touch over 450 however and not 461. See how it starts to trail down at 6800 rpm and then shoots back up? Thats because its not set right on the VDR. Also since you mentioned your last tuner (almost to let people know to check) he uses DLL software which reads a little lower than VDR. Why the old tuner chose to run 1000cc inj at such a low scaling is puzzling and why he chose to run 30 psi is disturbing, especially when you just made more at 3 psi less. Nice smooth power from 4WS