EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   FP Black powered Evo IX 27PSI 93OCT (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/539426-fp-black-powered-evo-ix-27psi-93oct.html)

tscompusa2 Feb 13, 2011 12:12 AM

FP Black powered Evo IX 27PSI 93OCT

Previously I posted results of this car unfinished, here are finished results after swapping to a higher quality 93octane and mivec adjustments and misc timing / fuel adjustments. Car has 0 knocksum across the board.

Great car to tune.. owner documented everything he ever did to the car which made it so much easier to understand the cars history.

Mods:
Stock Block / Head (unported)
FP Black w/ 25psi wga
Hallman pro
Kelford 272
ARP head studs
ID1000 Injectors
Sparktech ignition
Walbro 255
Works 65mm tb
AMS intercooler + upper/lower piping
Tial QR bov
Magnus heatshield barrier gasket
Buschur ported intake manifold
Buschur ported exhaust manifold
Buschur o2 housing
Perrin exhaust and downpipe
Tephra v7

Tq kept low/flat to assist in safety cushion for stock block.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/330vb5g.jpg

getsideways Feb 13, 2011 02:19 AM

Decent curve , i dont see the point of this turbo on pump gas though, on a stock block.

miragevo Feb 13, 2011 04:54 AM

Why not, at approximately 4400rpm he's got 300hp and 350ft/lbs torque and it's all good after that.:D

EVO8LTW Feb 13, 2011 05:44 AM

EDIT: Oops, read the graph wrong. Never mind on the AFR comment.

LGshow19 Feb 13, 2011 06:54 AM

Nice power.

Can you ask the owner where he got the Recirculation pipe for the Tial QR, im in need of one.

Also, is he running stock retainers and springs?

mchristian Feb 13, 2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by LGshow19 (Post 9072026)
Nice power.

Can you ask the owner where he got the Recirculation pipe for the Tial QR, im in need of one.

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments!

Sock retainers and springs. Recirc pipe made from a molded hose at local parts store and cutting to fit.

Car previously made 433hp from a popular FL tuner. I'm happy VR Speed was behind the laptop. Spool is a bit faster, driveability improved and 50+whp...not to mention VR Speed was patient, working late nights to accommodate my schedule, and provided insight on the changes and how I could maintain the tune.

Good value too...tuning service is $150 right now vs. $400 they charged me at awd. :usflag:

tscompusa2 Feb 13, 2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by getsideways (Post 9071907)
Decent curve , i dont see the point of this turbo on pump gas though, on a stock block.

why not? 27psi for almost 500whp on 93? if it had better 93 it would be over 500 easily. Its safer then a smaller turbo that matches hp/tq easier imo.

20psi by 4000rpm
23psi by 4100rpm
25psi by 4300rpm
27psi by 4400rpm

Seems pretty decent to me.. what other turbo did you have in mind? The Fp black becomes alive right around 29psi if you can hold it uptop and have good supporting mods for it.

Originally Posted by LGshow19 (Post 9072026)
Nice power.

Stock retainer and springs and the vehicle did require knock multiplier tuning to remove phantom knock.. which i will add occurs even with upgraded valvetrain on kelfords also.. must be something about how they are designed..

tscompusa2 Feb 13, 2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by mchristian (Post 9072779)
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments!

Sock retainers and springs. Recirc pipe made from a molded hose at local parts store and cutting to fit.

Car previously made 433hp from a popular FL tuner. I'm happy VR Speed was behind the laptop. Spool is a bit faster, driveability improved and 50+whp...not to mention VR Speed was patient, working late nights to accommodate my schedule, and provided insight on the changes and how I could maintain the tune.

Good value too...tuning service is $150 right now vs. $400 they charged me at awd. :usflag:

thanks for the kind words mchristian {thumbup}

i do play by play when i adjust someones map because most people that seek remote tunes or similar are self tuners to some extent and like to know what you're changing on their car.

aka.ralliart15 Feb 13, 2011 02:16 PM

Glad to see your happy mchristian....487 is very good on the stock block :)

phrequenc Feb 13, 2011 02:18 PM

nice number dood

Pizzamangtr Feb 13, 2011 02:20 PM

Nice job again Tom! And the recirc hose, take the bov to advance and go to the radiator hose section and start matching.

fantrman Feb 13, 2011 03:14 PM

mchristian,

Very nice! Glad to see you finally got it sorted out. From the graph it looks like it hits hard and stays there. Enjoy!

forc3 f3d Feb 13, 2011 03:43 PM

Good numbers for some pump gas!

I think VR speed will be gettin my business web the bbk-b's come back on stock!

cij911 Feb 13, 2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by getsideways (Post 9071907)

Decent curve, but you don't see the point of the turbo on pump ???

The curve looks amazing and a smaller turbo would not yield better results. If the owner ever builds the motor and runs e85 or methanol injection, then he will easily be 550+ whp. Seems like a great turbo choice to me.

Great tuning Tom!

tscompusa2 Feb 14, 2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by pizzamanevo8 (Post 9072814)
Nice job again Tom! And the recirc hose, take the bov to advance and go to the radiator hose section and start matching.

Thanks again Will!! {thumbup}

Originally Posted by fantrman (Post 9072936)
mchristian,

Very nice! Glad to see you finally got it sorted out. From the graph it looks like it hits hard and stays there. Enjoy!

You should race him! you guys live close? id love to see outcome.

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d (Post 9072988)
Good numbers for some pump gas!

I think VR speed will be gettin my business web the bbk-b's come back on stock!

Nice ill be waiting here :D

Originally Posted by cij911 (Post 9073032)
Decent curve, but you don't see the point of the turbo on pump ???

The curve looks amazing and a smaller turbo would not yield better results. If the owner ever builds the motor and runs e85 or methanol injection, then he will easily be 550+ whp. Seems like a great turbo choice to me.

Great tuning Tom!

Thank you Cij911. {thumbup}