EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Car won't boost past 23.8 psi (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/553187-car-wont-boost-past-23-8-psi.html)

tdubbz Apr 28, 2011 01:13 PM

Car won't boost past 23.8 psi, Dyno Results HTA Green

2 Attachment(s)
Just trying to get some more ideas as to why my car can't boost. I just had my new HTA Green installed along with injectors and a Grimmspeed EBCS and made a 317whp on a dyno dynamics with 1.0 correction. I was a bit dissappointed but the tuner couldn't get the car past 23.8 because it is pulling timing. I know dyno dynamics read lower than some mustang dynos but still....I thought maybe I had a bad tank of 93 but this same issue happened when I orginally had the car tuned for cams/bolt-ons. Tuner may have thought it has something to do with the knock sensor? Had the car checked for boost leaks, compression test, leak down test. Everything seemed fine.... I'm stumped. I have a 25psi WGA and I can't even get to 24psi. I know a lot of guys run 25-27psi on 93 without any problems. Any advice would greatly be appreciated....

mods in sig

tscompusa2 Apr 28, 2011 01:17 PM

send me a pm.. sounds like the car has excessive engine noise and both tuners were not experienced enough to know how to fix it. i deal with cars like this all the time.

as for 25 wga only doing 24psi.. its common depending on rod tension.

zeus1 Apr 28, 2011 01:19 PM

who tuned your car and who did the install, you may want to try another shop and tuner or do remote tuning? so if i am reading this correctly you had the same issue with boosting past 23.8 when you just had cams and bolt ons?

zeus1 Apr 28, 2011 01:20 PM

there you go tcomp is offering to help he should sort you out, good luck with your car. also i know a shop in nh with a very experiences evo mechanic (not a tuner though) if you want i can send you his contact info-

tdubbz Apr 28, 2011 02:09 PM

[quote=zeus1;9278254]who tuned your car and who did the install, you may want to try another shop and tuner or do remote tuning? so if i am reading this correctly you had the same issue with boosting past 23.8 when you just had cams and bolt ons?[/q

It may not be the shop's fault so out of respect for them I'll leave names out of it. The first shop who tuned the car with the cams/bolt-ons could not tune past 21-22psi, they orginally thought bad 93.

tdubbz Apr 28, 2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by zeus1 (Post 9278262)
there you go tcomp is offering to help he should sort you out, good luck with your car. also i know a shop in nh with a very experiences evo mechanic (not a tuner though) if you want i can send you his contact info-

Ballistic Motorsports? If not shoot me the info. Thanks

JohnBradley Apr 28, 2011 02:47 PM

It blow the EGR line off? Cam timing has been doublechecked and you know its not advanced a tooth or 2?

aaron

RoadSpike Apr 28, 2011 02:57 PM

never mind saw it was not due to the turbo but the timing

tdubbz Apr 28, 2011 05:59 PM

hmm.. I don't know if the cam timing was checked. I will have to ask

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 9278477)
It blow the EGR line off? Cam timing has been doublechecked and you know its not advanced a tooth or 2?

aaron

awddyno Apr 29, 2011 07:39 PM

Anyone check the wastegate arm if it's stuck?
I wish I can see your map.

BEISSEN Apr 30, 2011 07:27 AM

Shoot Tscompusa a email he will help I am one of the cars that had excessive noise and he fixed it. I would def check the Timing and see if the gears might be off as it could cause a issue.

tdubbz May 1, 2011 10:53 PM

bump for charts

zeus1 May 2, 2011 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by tdubbz (Post 9285858)
bump for charts

maybe i am reading the second chart incorrectly but is the afr going in to the mid 10's? that is pretty rich. there is also a spike there there that looks abnormal. i think once you get another tuner that knows what is going you will be good to go