EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Tim's FP 71HTA Evo 8 e85 powered (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/617152-tims-fp-71hta-evo-8-e85-powered.html)

tscompusa Jun 23, 2012 12:44 AM

Tim's FP 71HTA Evo 8 e85 powered

Sharing this for Tim. Tim was the car i did recently on the hx40 that made somewhere close to 500whp or so. I actually posted the video of his car on the hx40 on my youtube.

Video of Tims car on the hx40 setup;

=======================

Not to many 71hta results on the forum, so i figured it should be shared.

Boost was 32psi and all it would hold out the top was about 29psi .. atleast i didn't wanna see if i could hold more out the top.. its still only a little stock 9 turbo basically. im impressed it even held that much out the top honestly.

I think if i pushed the wgdc i could get it to hold 32 or so, but i didn't wanna risk overspinning the turbo without a tach, so i explained to Tim we will leave it where its is.

Tims mod list consists of:

Stock Block & Head
FP 71HTA /w 25psi wga
3" TBE
3" intake pipe
grimmspeed 3 port (ecu boost)
kelford 272 cams
short route uicp & lower icp
obx fmic
cusco twin disk
walbro 255 punched
FIC 1450cc injectors
spoolinup coil on plug

(Graph is updated. I had the car set for an evo 9 GSR when its really an evo 8 GSR)

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d.../71hta-tim.jpg

Under the circumstance i changed the power in the graph i feel i should share a raw data view of the Virtual dyno as well:

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...awdata-tim.jpg

tim85851 Jun 23, 2012 12:53 AM

*Reserved*

batty200 Jun 23, 2012 06:33 AM

Didn't you like the hx40? I could see this being much more fun on the streets for a daily.

blaze165 Jun 23, 2012 10:11 AM

nice numbers man timz!

94AWDcoupe Jun 23, 2012 01:04 PM

I would think holding 29psi is overspinning the turbo? I would send the results to robert and see what he thinks

ihockey1 Jun 23, 2012 01:16 PM

edit: nvm i lied lol

tscompusa Jun 23, 2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe (Post 10240497)
I would think holding 29psi is overspinning the turbo? I would send the results to robert and see what he thinks

I dont believe so on a 2.0L. im sure the shaft speeds are up there, but definitely not overspinning.

he would just ask me if you can tell what rpm you're reving an engine to without a tach? and that will end the discussion.

the turbo was holding 27 out through the very top though. this turbos like a baby fp green. it did manage to hold 29 at 7k though.

211Ratsbud Jun 23, 2012 03:40 PM

Nice area under the curve, is this a SD car? 400 @ 5500 is very nice. I put a recent graph of mine up, kinda not as far off, I wonder what his actual rolling size tire is?

Im running s2 cams and a Skunk 2 mani ported by STM. They said it was the highest performing manifold they ever tested with some work done to it. Surely that manifold would push him deep into the 450+ mark.

tscompusa Jun 23, 2012 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 10240692)
Nice area under the curve, is this a SD car? 400 @ 5500 is very nice. I put a recent graph of mine up, kinda not as far off, I wonder what his actual rolling size tire is?

Im running s2 cams and a Skunk 2 mani ported by STM. They said it was the highest performing manifold they ever tested with some work done to it. Surely that manifold would push him deep into the 450+ mark.

no this is a maf car. i think he does have a 4" intake pipe tho with a maf adapter. that might help some.

also this is e85, isnt yours 93octane? your latest graph looked really good btw :)

Ya the skunk2 is really good. yes that manifold would definitely get him past 450 easily i agree.

his tires are stock size. if thats not what you meant then i dont know what you're asking lol.

if you want we can overlay the graphs so you can get an idea whats going on.

tscompusa Jun 23, 2012 04:55 PM

OMG i had the program set for an evo 9 GSR this cars making more power then what that graph says right now.. i was wondering why it was starting to run out of fuel. this is why i shouldnt tune at 3am i guess.

Edit:
graph updated.. now it looks like i have to go back and adjust the tune to get the tq lower ..

ihockey1 Jun 23, 2012 05:09 PM

so the graph is correct now i take it?

tscompusa Jun 23, 2012 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ihockey1 (Post 10240794)
so the graph is correct now i take it?

yes if you refresh the page the graph is correct now. im gonna have Tim post a video of in-car pull also so people can see the car hauls ass.. like he did with the hx40.

now my only concern is the torque is much higher then i initially thought it was.. i dont really like going past 400wtq in vd on stock blocks with small turbos.

94AWDcoupe Jun 23, 2012 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 10240533)
I dont believe so on a 2.0L. im sure the shaft speeds are up there, but definitely not overspinning.

he would just ask me if you can tell what rpm you're reving an engine to without a tach? and that will end the discussion.

the turbo was holding 27 out through the very top though. this turbos like a baby fp green. it did manage to hold 29 at 7k though.

shafts speeds can be calculated from boost, rpm, and displacement. he can tell you what limits not to exceed. they are general guidelines that cant possibly take into account problems like boost leaks which cause the turbo to spin faster to maintain airflow. but its good information to have so you dont go crying when your turbo lives a very short life.

tscompusa Jun 23, 2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe (Post 10240849)
shafts speeds can be calculated from boost, rpm, and displacement. he can tell you what limits not to exceed. they are general guidelines that cant possibly take into account problems like boost leaks which cause the turbo to spin faster to maintain airflow. but its good information to have so you dont go crying when your turbo lives a very short life.

ya ill run it by him and see what his estimated calculation is.. im interested myself. you made a good point on the weak bov, etc or boost leak in general. very easy to overspin a turbo in that situation.

i upgraded the graph also. i had the car set to an evo 9 GSR when its an evo 8 GSR.

evo7vii Jun 23, 2012 07:52 PM

That 71HTA is really impressive and is indeed like a baby HTA green.....Good Torque.