EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Blevins Tuned Evo 8 Stock Turbo e85 Part 2! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/625145-blevins-tuned-evo-8-stock-turbo-e85-part-2-a.html)

svt_lightning01 Aug 19, 2012 12:10 PM

Blevins Tuned Evo 8 Stock Turbo e85 Part 2!

Hey guys me and Adam (colt4g63 on the forum) finished up the email tune on my car late last night and we got some great results. First off we did a tune back in early January and the car made 415/420 Dynojet VDR which was backed up with a 121 mph 1/4 pass.

Since that tune the only thing i added was the MAPerformance O2 Dump. It changed the afr's in spots and alieviated some back pressure I'm sure. So I called up Adam and we started tuning the car. The car is on e85 and spiking boost at 30 psi.

Here are the final results. Keep in mind the 415/420 pull was in JANUARY lol and its august now so I'm sure it would make more power in a january vs. january pull which makes the gains even more impressive. Still stock 10.5 8 turbo.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z...s20VD202-1.jpg

Just to take the road for the VD out of the question this pull and the previous pull at 415/420 was on the exact same bridge in the same direction to take road slope out of the question. The car feels very smooth and i can't wait to get back out to the strip in this bad boy!

svt_lightning01 Aug 22, 2012 10:43 PM

I didn't even hear about Adam through Evom. I had heard about him through the grapevine from a few locals and the mitsu community. I contacted him after seeing sub par results from a prior tuning experience and we went from there. Mods feel free to check my pms to see we've never even made contact on this site lol

JSPturbo Sep 3, 2012 02:28 PM

what dyno correction factor you use with the log ??

very impressive numbers for this turbo !!!

boost556 Sep 4, 2012 02:35 PM

damm this is alot of power for the stocker 8, is it wise to get this turbo than the 9 then? anyone? since i have a evo8 with the 9.8 hotside thanks.

tscompusa Sep 4, 2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by boost556 (Post 10381595)
damm this is alot of power for the stocker 8, is it wise to get this turbo than the 9 then? anyone? since i have a evo8 with the 9.8 hotside thanks.

no because a evo 8 turbo is smaller then a 9.. so if the OP installs a 9 turbo he will probably go 122-123mph in 1/4 vs his 121 now..

his setup just works well together. 9 turbo will always be bigger then an 8.. nothing will change that.

strong car svt_lightning!

EDIT: if you already have a 10.5 housing evo 8 turbo its not wise to get a evo 9 turbo because the gains are not worth it for the hastle and price difference.

Colt4g63 Sep 4, 2012 09:54 PM

Always a pleasure tuning your car Jordan/ svt_lighting01 {thumbup}

Teacup Sep 4, 2012 10:22 PM

great results! glad to see you back up your vdr claims!

94AWDcoupe Sep 5, 2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 10381643)
no because a evo 8 turbo is smaller then a 9.. so if the OP installs a 9 turbo he will probably go 122-123mph in 1/4 vs his 121 now..

his setup just works well together. 9 turbo will always be bigger then an 8.. nothing will change that.

strong car svt_lightning!

doesnt the compressor wheel determine size of turbo? 8 and 9 turbos have same compressor wheel.

enough results with stock 8 turbos on E85 have been posted to make it clear the larger compressor cover of evo 9 turbo has no advantage of smaller 8 cover. all the larger compressor cover does is slow the air down so when the air hits outer wall it creates tad less heat. worth a few hp on pump gas . but e85 and good intercooler doesnt care about the extra heat. it just creates power with it.

so good advice to give is if you want to make e85 power on stock turbo dont waste your money investing in the 9 turbo. both turbos make about 420whp on e85.

Colt4g63 Sep 5, 2012 12:24 PM

Yes both 8-9 turbos have the same wheels. Its the larger exhaust housing that gets you the most gain out of the 9 turbo over the smaller 03-04 8 turbo. {thumbup}

svt_lightning01 Sep 6, 2012 10:05 PM

Thanks for the comments guys I hope to get the car back to the track. Like I said the 121 trap wasnt this tune that was granny shifting and 10whp less which is a little more when u factor in an August tune versus a January tune. I'm hoping for some 122+ passes for sure when it cools up and a good track night comes my way!

svt_lightning01 Sep 6, 2012 10:29 PM

I'm hoping to dump this 8 turbo next summer for some Adam tuned fp black action!

Blue91lx Sep 6, 2012 10:55 PM

Just go T3.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...e=NTEVOBLACKBB

vs

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...6262_turbo.htm

Factor in selling your stock frame stuff and that'll make up for the 02 housing and modifying the LICP.

tscompusa Sep 6, 2012 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe (Post 10382692)
doesnt the compressor wheel determine size of turbo? 8 and 9 turbos have same compressor wheel.

enough results with stock 8 turbos on E85 have been posted to make it clear the larger compressor cover of evo 9 turbo has no advantage of smaller 8 cover. all the larger compressor cover does is slow the air down so when the air hits outer wall it creates tad less heat. worth a few hp on pump gas . but e85 and good intercooler doesnt care about the extra heat. it just creates power with it.

so good advice to give is if you want to make e85 power on stock turbo dont waste your money investing in the 9 turbo. both turbos make about 420whp on e85.

Originally Posted by Colt4g63 (Post 10383570)
Yes both 8-9 turbos have the same wheels. Its the larger exhaust housing that gets you the most gain out of the 9 turbo over the smaller 03-04 8 turbo. {thumbup}

its been dyno tested before. there were gains of 10-20whp. so its not worth unbolting another turbo just to pickup 10-20 when you can spend the money on other things that have better bang for your buck + much easier installation process.

updated my original post also.. i agree its not worth it.

svt_lightning01 Sep 7, 2012 07:37 AM

I would rather stay stock frame to keep it covert for street purposes lol. Sneak attack. And I agree the 9 turbo is not worth the effort and $$ IMHO

ReignMan24 Sep 7, 2012 08:12 AM

im thinkin about switchin to a different dv(stock style) do u think it would b better to save money and crush my 9 dv or get sumthin like the forge rs(they r rather pricey)