EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   TSCOMPTUNED - evo 8 SSL + FP Green hta + 93octane (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/635249-tscomptuned-evo-8-ssl-fp-green-hta-93octane.html)

tscompusa Nov 6, 2012 05:01 PM

TSCOMPTUNED - evo 8 SSL + FP Green hta + 93octane

Posting this one for YogSaahoth / Alex.

Temps were somewhere around 35-40F i believe, so this is power weather. I know a SSL is heavier then 3263lb, but i am not about to add more weight to the base "GSR" weight.. pointless and im sure the mods on the vehicle made up for the weight difference anyways.

I believe we ended up around 29psi.

Mods are:

Stock motor 50k miles
FP green HTA
FP 18psi wga with about one full turn preload
HKS 272
Forge MBC --> grimmspeed 3-port
Buschur 3" intake and filter
Full ETS 2.5" upper and lower piping
ETS 3" IC
Full 3" exhaust (MAP o2 eliminator DP w/ dump tube and BR catback)
BR ported and coated exhaust manifold
WORKS throttle body
RC 750cc injectors
Walbro 255
Spoolinup COP
NGK BR8ES
STOCK HEAD BOLTS
STOCK CLUTCH

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...ex1-final1.jpg

YogSaahoth Nov 6, 2012 05:14 PM

Thanks for posting Tom...

There's tons of positive feedback for Toms tuning and service so I don't need to say much about it. I would like to point out that we started tuning back in May...I'm busy so I sometimes couldn't get out to log but once a week or even less. Tom spent countless hours on this car and dealt with my slowness in responding. This is by far the best value anyone can get for tuning, you won't get service or more time spent on ur car anywhere else unless u tune yourself.

About the power, yea weather is playing a big part. Car made about 410 back in summer weather before we fine tuned timing and boost up top. It made around 430-440 when temp was 50-60deg.

This setup made 390/357 dynojet at 28psi with forge mbc as boost control last summer with another tuner. Only mods changed from then was a Spoolinup and grimmspeed added, running 29psi now. When I say boost holds solid...it is solid. Wish I had a map sensor to show, but I was being cheap.

Not much else to say. I'm very satisfied with power and service. Gotta upgrade some more things like clutch and headstuds...I did things a little backwards, but was never really satisfied with that initial tune I got when I switched to the green...had no idea I would end up with this power, I thought I'd pick up like 10 hp with Tom lol. I'll have to load another graph when I can run it in normal weather. Thanks again Tom!

escodotcarter Nov 6, 2012 07:11 PM

next stop e85 !!!!

icmanevo Nov 6, 2012 08:27 PM

Nice power band. Safe on a stock block but still torqy. What made you go with the HTA Green?

tscompusa Nov 7, 2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth (Post 10493633)
Thanks for posting Tom...

There's tons of positive feedback for Toms tuning and service so I don't need to say much about it. I would like to point out that we started tuning back in May...I'm busy so I sometimes couldn't get out to log but once a week or even less. Tom spent countless hours on this car and dealt with my slowness in responding. This is by far the best value anyone can get for tuning, you won't get service or more time spent on ur car anywhere else unless u tune yourself.

About the power, yea weather is playing a big part. Car made about 410 back in summer weather before we fine tuned timing and boost up top. It made around 430-440 when temp was 50-60deg.

This setup made 390/357 dynojet at 28psi with forge mbc as boost control last summer with another tuner. Only mods changed from then was a Spoolinup and grimmspeed added, running 29psi now. When I say boost holds solid...it is solid. Wish I had a map sensor to show, but I was being cheap.

Not much else to say. I'm very satisfied with power and service. Gotta upgrade some more things like clutch and headstuds...I did things a little backwards, but was never really satisfied with that initial tune I got when I switched to the green...had no idea I would end up with this power, I thought I'd pick up like 10 hp with Tom lol. I'll have to load another graph when I can run it in normal weather. Thanks again Tom!

Thanks a lot Alex for that awesome review.

Originally Posted by escodotcarter (Post 10493813)
next stop e85 !!!!

I don't think he has e85 available. he would also need bigger injectors and at minimum modify his walbro.

Originally Posted by icmanevo (Post 10493915)
Nice power band. Safe on a stock block but still torqy. What made you go with the HTA Green?

thats the idea.. keep the torque under control and make it still strong. i'll have him answer that for you since i cant.

4g63evoeight Nov 7, 2012 02:17 PM

Nice work. I see you are in albany.. where were you making your pulls?

4g63evoeight Nov 7, 2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 10495325)
Thanks a lot Alex for that awesome review.

I don't think he has e85 available. he would also need bigger injectors and at minimum modify his walbro.

thats the idea.. keep the torque under control and make it still strong. i'll have him answer that for you since i cant.

PLENTY of e85 stations in the albany area :)

YogSaahoth Nov 7, 2012 03:10 PM

I chose the green because I was sitting at about 350/350 on the stock 8 turbo with 10.5 and wanted more power lol. I do miss the response of the stock turbo...instant power. When I swapped to the green I only made like 40 peak hp more and still around 350tq, so the only real difference I noticed was the lag and a little more top end. Was kind of unsatisfied until Tom straightened out the tune, now I have better response and great top end.

I'm confident in the torque being safe enough for the block...

I live partially in Albany and the rest of the time in Vermont up near Burlington...esp in the winter. While in NY I did most pulls on 890 since my house is nearby. In Vermont the highways are decent, but lots of the country roads are looooong and flat.

E85 is not an option in VT, but in NY it certainly is. However, its not really an option for my current setup. I'm not taking power any higher on stock block, and my 750s are maxed right now. I have a 6 year old regular Walbro in there now which would also need changing out. Once I can build the motor, e85 will be going in the tank

Craig King Nov 7, 2012 05:10 PM

Did you consider the FP red at all? Any reason you went with the green instead of the red?

YogSaahoth Nov 7, 2012 05:38 PM

I actually originally wanted a red....I was in the market back when all the red and black failures were being blamed on inadequate oil supply, and soon after, oil types were called into question. Then the famous FP oil list came out. It seemed that the green wasn't subject to premature thrust bearing failure due to the materials used...I recall FP issuing a statement that only reds and blacks had requirements for greater oil supply and zinc/phos content in oil. I decided to bypass it all and go for the trusty green since I had relatively modest power goals as long as I have a fun and responsive turbo with decent top end.

It now seems that all JB green/red/black have a limited life span...hence the BB line. I use the FP oil feed and even buy expensive oil (amsoil zrod 10w30). The cost of the oil is offset by the limited mileage I put on my car per year. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm satisfied with my choice....my preferences are geared toward an earlier spooling turbo, hard hitting torque and around the power I'm making now in cold weather. This will prob be a 420whp car in spring/summer weather. I'd like a sharper torque spike but it obviously needs to stay the way it is until build time. Thanks for the comments/questions...I'm very happy with the way this turned out

Craig King Nov 7, 2012 06:03 PM

So you are running the JB Green HTA?

YogSaahoth Nov 7, 2012 06:05 PM

Yes sir

jcroswell Nov 7, 2012 09:18 PM

Its a great street turbo. I've had mine for 3 years now with 0 problems. Currently run an updated Tom tune. Thanks again Tom.{thumbup}

jwdp54 Nov 7, 2012 11:03 PM

keep it on pump and save for a 2.3 then give it some e85{thumbup} running that setup and love it! best combo for a street car imo.

STWHY? Nov 7, 2012 11:54 PM

I too love my HTA Green....nice results...