EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   TSComptuned - evo 8 RS stock block / stock cams / speed density fp black 32psi e70? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/647283-tscomptuned-evo-8-rs-stock-block-stock-cams-speed-density-fp-black-32psi-e70.html)

tscompusa Feb 19, 2013 04:13 PM

TSComptuned - evo 8 RS stock block / stock cams / speed density fp black 32psi e70?

Working on Naithans car. I sold him my old toxic fab tubular exhaust manifold, along with a map o2 dump, and my old forge RS bov i had sitting around not being used. I also ordered him his FP Black DBB ported turbo and a custom 4" intake setup & modded the walbro for him.

Temps outside i believe around 30F.

Mods on car are:

Stock Block/head/cams
FP Black DBB ported @ 32psi
Toxicfab tubular exhaust manifold
Map o2 dump
megan racing 3" TBE
AGP FMIC/licp
FIC 1250cc injectors
Modified walbro 255 hp (Now has a buschur double pumper I sold him)
Hallman mbc / Grimmspeed 3 port
TSComptuned 4" intake pipe /w large K&N filter
Tephra v7 SD 4bar with hybrid ecu/boost

(probably missing some mods)

We will repost once he switches to bigger cams. The fuel seemed to be stubborn. I don't know if its under e70 or what, i rarely experience e85 where i cant run the timing i want to run. we could not run past 15* on that red line. Boost was the same on both runs, however he reinstalled evoscan and forgot to set the equation so the other run i cant share the boost curve.

To put it into perspective, heres another car with the same exhaust mani, and semi similar mods on stock block that touched over 600 fairly easy:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...wo-600whp.html

then shortly after i had another one where i pushed very hard uptop with alot more boost with less mods:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...85-580whp.html

im not sure what this particular car is going to do, we might run into bottlenecks that are not evident right now.

http://tscomptuned.net/_images/dyno-...stockcams1.jpg

Boost curve is closer to 36psi at redline area. boost equation was set wrong on evoscan.

update1: make tune safer temp:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10674392-post22.html

update2 (Mods added: BR Double pumper): troubleshooting why the 3 port was not working at high RPM: (end result 560whp & 44psi):

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10706697-post28.html

update3: Pending

boosted91t Feb 19, 2013 04:31 PM

Very nice. Where are the idc's with the single 255 and 1250cc on the unknown ethanol mix? Is the 255 on stock wiring?

ReignMan24 Feb 19, 2013 04:39 PM

Hey guys, this is my car and all I gotta say is WOW! Tom tuned my car last yr and we finished up in Oct with 390/395 on stock 8 turbo and stock cams. The power was amazing and the driveability was absolutely insane. I love every minute of it. Well a couple months after that the "power bug" hit me again and I wanted more. So, I came up with some funds to take the car to another level. I had Tom order everything for me and I even bought a few things off him like he stated above. Hands down, some of the fastest shipping possible. If parts were ordered as late as Wednesday I would get them that Friday. It was great. Well after all my parts were delivered and put onto the car I got impatient with tuning and decide to try someone else who I won't name. Anyways, after about 5 roms from this tuner I knew I had made a big mistake, driveability was terrible, the car was stalling on start ups and almost stalling coming to redlight/stop signs. So I emailed Tom and asked him if he would take me back LOL. Luckily he was able to get me started almost instantly. Within the first 2-3 roms the car idled and drove perfectly. Then we began power pulls. Immediately, the car started to scare the piss outta me. All on stock cams, which I'm absolutely amazed. Also, the e85 around here right now is definetly on winter blend which is stated above. I can only imagine the power my car will make once the double pumper and cams go in. I guess what I'd like people to take from this post is Tom isnt just another remote tuner out there, he's one of if not the best. I know thats saying alot but, with the amount of dyno sheets I've looked at on the forums and everywere else, Tom's are more or less flawless. Plus he won't tell you were done until your car is absolutely perfect, which is a very rare quality in people. More results are to come, once cams get put in, but for now all I can say is thank you Tom.

ReignMan24 Feb 19, 2013 04:40 PM

to answer your question boosted91t, yes its on stock wiring, and you will have to find out from Tom the idc's

tscompusa Feb 19, 2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by boosted91t (Post 10670273)
Very nice. Where are the idc's with the single 255 and 1250cc on the unknown ethanol mix? Is the 255 on stock wiring?

Thanks Grant. I think his fuel system is borderline done at this point. I had to richen the top end of the map up, that's a good sign the fuel system is no longer working properly.

Ya the 255 is on stock wiring to my knowledge. I recently did a flow test on both my modded 255's here (with some help from another source also, and once modded it really wakes the pump up vs not modded. it put it right inline with the aeromotive 340lph which is a pretty strong in tank pump.

The 1250cc i honestly don't know how far they can go with a dual walbro in tank i guess we will find out.

He ordered a buschur double pumper, so once that gets installed ill know more.
We did not log IDC or any of that, but i suspect its in the high 90%'s.

If I had to guess id say the 1250cc might support up to 570ish with the support of the buschur double pumper.

tscompusa Feb 19, 2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ReignMan24 (Post 10670284)
Hey guys, this is my car and all I gotta say is WOW! Tom tuned my car last yr and we finished up in Oct with 390/395 on stock 8 turbo and stock cams. The power was amazing and the driveability was absolutely insane. I love every minute of it. Well a couple months after that the "power bug" hit me again and I wanted more. So, I came up with some funds to take the car to another level. I had Tom order everything for me and I even bought a few things off him like he stated above. Hands down, some of the fastest shipping possible. If parts were ordered as late as Wednesday I would get them that Friday. It was great. Well after all my parts were delivered and put onto the car I got impatient with tuning and decide to try someone else who I won't name. Anyways, after about 5 roms from this tuner I knew I had made a big mistake, driveability was terrible, the car was stalling on start ups and almost stalling coming to redlight/stop signs. So I emailed Tom and asked him if he would take me back LOL. Luckily he was able to get me started almost instantly. Within the first 2-3 roms the car idled and drove perfectly. Then we began power pulls. Immediately, the car started to scare the piss outta me. All on stock cams, which I'm absolutely amazed. Also, the e85 around here right now is definetly on winter blend which is stated above. I can only imagine the power my car will make once the double pumper and cams go in. I guess what I'd like people to take from this post is Tom isnt just another remote tuner out there, he's one of if not the best. I know thats saying alot but, with the amount of dyno sheets I've looked at on the forums and everywere else, Tom's are more or less flawless. Plus he won't tell you were done until your car is absolutely perfect, which is a very rare quality in people. More results are to come, once cams get put in, but for now all I can say is thank you Tom.

Pleasure working you Naithan, and thank you so much for that awesome review you just wrote. I pretty much specialize in nothing but remote/ email tuning at this point. I have dedicated my life to this stuff for the last 2 years non stop. It has become a full time job at this point.

boosted91t Feb 19, 2013 05:05 PM

Wow....Good info on the fuel pumps. I knew the 255 was a good pump but didn't think it was that good ;)

I have a client who will be using the 1250cc/single 255/e85 also so I'm glad you posted this up!

-Grant

ReignMan24 Feb 19, 2013 05:31 PM

Not a problem Tom, mite sound corny but it was an honor to have you tune my car. I never realized how good you really were till I made the mistake of trying someone different. It was clear immediately that you are hands down the best remote tuner out there. So thank you again.

WeldingRod Feb 20, 2013 02:45 PM

wow man great #'s

tom pm sent

ReignMan24 Feb 20, 2013 03:22 PM

^Thats all from the tuning genius known as Tom LOL

itsmrrizz2you Feb 20, 2013 04:49 PM

Nice job Tom

jmcmill3 Feb 20, 2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 10670298)

The 1250cc i honestly don't know how far they can go with a dual walbro in tank i guess we will find out.

He ordered a buschur double pumper, so once that gets installed ill know more.
We did not log IDC or any of that, but i suspect its in the high 90%'s.

If I had to guess id say the 1250cc might support up to 570ish with the support of the buschur double pumper.

well, if you remember Tom we were up at 570 corrected on a mustang dyno on 1250's and a double on my car.. i dont kno what the idc's were, but it still had plenty of gas up top...

RussellDaniel Feb 20, 2013 07:20 PM

Tom is this on the stock intake manifold? Great numbers!

tscompusa Feb 20, 2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by boosted91t (Post 10670327)
Wow....Good info on the fuel pumps. I knew the 255 was a good pump but didn't think it was that good ;)

I have a client who will be using the 1250cc/single 255/e85 also so I'm glad you posted this up!

-Grant

No problem Grant. Ya i am happy with the testing results. its a strong little pump and very affordable!

Originally Posted by ReignMan24 (Post 10670351)
Not a problem Tom, mite sound corny but it was an honor to have you tune my car. I never realized how good you really were till I made the mistake of trying someone different. It was clear immediately that you are hands down the best remote tuner out there. So thank you again.

We arent done yet. hopefully the little baby rods can handle the power. :lol:

Originally Posted by WeldingRod (Post 10672045)
wow man great #'s

tom pm sent

Thanks. I will check shortly.

Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you (Post 10672251)
Nice job Tom

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jmcmill3 (Post 10672531)
well, if you remember Tom we were up at 570 corrected on a mustang dyno on 1250's and a double on my car.. i dont kno what the idc's were, but it still had plenty of gas up top...

I did not remember. I was just going to ask what idc, then i read the rest of your response. Id imagine they were 100% maxed at that power on a mustang dyno assuming it reads 13% under a dj.

Originally Posted by RussellDaniel (Post 10672542)
Tom is this on the stock intake manifold? Great numbers!

Yes stock intake manifold. I dont think its ported but im not 100% sure. the car is spooling up really well though for a 2L with a black. hes hitting 32psi by 4200rpm on the last log he sent me. were dialing it back now a bit though until he gets cams. the last run he sent me was 496whp or so today.

Im hoping with cams we can reach the 560-570 area. ultimately my main goal though is keeping torque down and under control. the 3 port was not working or so it seemed, so i was fighting tq created by the mbc and reducing timing. low/midrange.

tscompusa Feb 20, 2013 07:40 PM

just for kicks i overlayed his stock turbo graph with his fp black. ( i choose to use the lower power number for the overlay since he started at a earlier rpm).

The black really starts to shine around 4600RPM. the stock turbo stands no chance after that.

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...ck-vs-now1.jpg