EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Evo 8 FP 71HTA 93oct 29psi (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/660785-evo-8-fp-71hta-93oct-29psi.html)

tscompusa Jun 12, 2013 02:48 AM

Evo 8 FP 71HTA 93oct 29psi

This little guy surprised me. the FP 71HTA made strong power. temps were around 65F during the runs in Canada. The owner Jean, said the gasoline they get over there is more so equiv to 94oct in the usa, so just thought i'd note that also.

Loc: Canada
Temp: 65F
Gas: 93oct
ECU: stock ecu MAF + tephra v7

Mods are:

Stock Block & Head
Kelford 264/260 cams with stock valvetrain
Spoolinup cop on bpr7es
MAP stock ported exhaust manifold
FP 71HTA turbo 84 mm compressor housing
FP intake pipe + K&N filter
ETS licp
ETS 3.5 inch fmic
ETS UICP (short route with mini battery)
PTE 880cc injectors
Walbro 255 hp
snow performance stage 2 water/meth injection (turned off)
ported megan o2 housing
3 inch turboback exhaust

Graph with no meth: (Street tune)

http://tscomptuned.net/_images/dyno-.../Jean/Jean.jpg

Graph with meth: (Road course tune)

(coming soon)

cars a track / road course car, so we are doing two tunes here. the one i just showed is a road tune for him to enjoy the car on the public street.

The 2nd tune i did not post yet. That tune will have the boost turned down to around 24psi and we will richen the afr just a tad + we will enable the methanol for cooling the intake charge even further. The meth won't exactly be fully taken advantage of in this situation, it is more so like just turning it on to give the car a little extra security. Just like someone that would mix some race gas in with their regular gas for example to up the octane to assure they don't get knock during an long endurance event.

Will share that graph once i finish that tune.

HsamehH Jun 12, 2013 04:12 AM

Tom do you think the turbo will make 470 with meth ?

Tekniq Jun 12, 2013 04:39 AM

I am really interested in this thread I have similar mods.

I will be running a MAP EF2.5
I have S2's instead of kelfords
And ID1000 injectors

gigitalon Jun 12, 2013 07:23 AM

Hi guys! This is my car. And because of tom, it push so hard!!! And it run really well, power start at 3500 rpm and never stop pushing! This is exactly what i want, thanks to tscomp.

I don't want to push the car to max power because in the beginning of the year, i blow a bottom end... I know there is there is really low risk now that i had a real tuner... But im still scared so until i forged the motor, i don't want to push the car to hard. We have big winter here, so road course season last only 5 month, its why next year we will push this setup to his limits.

Thanks again tom for everything.

tscompusa Jun 13, 2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by HsamehH (Post 10844429)
Tom do you think the turbo will make 470 with meth ?

If we just added the meth in with where the tune currently sat on the straight 93 with this high boost, then yes i believe so its very possible. however we dropped boost down to 24psi for the meth, so i dont think that is do able at 24psi. ill give it a shot though. we are seeing how much we can make at just 24psi with the meth for fun, (not the actual road course tune). that will be left very conservative with extreme safety in mind.

I will post what it makes on the meth with low boost though once finished.

Originally Posted by Tekniq (Post 10844442)
I am really interested in this thread I have similar mods.

I will be running a MAP EF2.5
I have S2's instead of kelfords
And ID1000 injectors

Thats a good setup. kelford and the s2 are all but identical in performance. s2 with the slight edge.

Originally Posted by gigitalon (Post 10844621)
Hi guys! This is my car. And because of tom, it push so hard!!! And it run really well, power start at 3500 rpm and never stop pushing! This is exactly what i want, thanks to tscomp.

I don't want to push the car to max power because in the beginning of the year, i blow a bottom end... I know there is there is really low risk now that i had a real tuner... But im still scared so until i forged the motor, i don't want to push the car to hard. We have big winter here, so road course season last only 5 month, its why next year we will push this setup to his limits.

Thanks again tom for everything.

Thank you Jean! I'm very interested to see what it makes on the meth in low boost. :)

evowner17 Jun 15, 2013 10:55 PM

In for results!! Just picked up a 71hta, this is looking promising! Wonder if the 71 and a 2.3/e85 could break the 500 mark..

211Ratsbud Jun 16, 2013 05:37 PM

+1 for the 71.

I always love seeing the threads

Where does the map ported stock exhaust mani pick up over the unported version particular with the 71 turbo

CDHoff Jun 17, 2013 03:36 AM

This turbo looks promising and the best part is it is very affordable compared to others out there! I have WMI too so I'm interested to see what it'll do on 24 psi with meth.

HsamehH Jun 17, 2013 09:46 AM

hurry up tom :D we are waiting the results

EvocentriK Jun 17, 2013 10:32 AM

Solid results! How's the HTA71 compare to the BBK Lite?

bitterchild Jun 17, 2013 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by evowner17 (Post 10849485)
In for results!! Just picked up a 71hta, this is looking promising! Wonder if the 71 and a 2.3/e85 could break the 500 mark..

The 71hta is a bit small for a 2.3 stroker, your torque will peak before you're halfway through the powerband. e85 and big cams will help a bit but only as a bandaid

HsamehH Jun 18, 2013 01:12 PM

Well i have 2.3 with S2's and HTA Green for AutoX the car is little bit slow at low rpm the IX and HTA71 Turbo is very good for tracks.
it depend how you want your car to be,i see the IX and HTA71/HKS GTII is best turbo to perform for track days but for drag and street racing nothing less than green/red/black.

evowner17 Jun 24, 2013 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by bitterchild (Post 10851740)
The 71hta is a bit small for a 2.3 stroker, your torque will peak before you're halfway through the powerband. e85 and big cams will help a bit but only as a bandaid

I wouldn't consider it a bandaid if cams and e85 solve the power dropoff..

Any word on when this car will be tuned on Meth? Excited to see results :updown:

bitterchild Jun 25, 2013 07:18 AM

it would feel like k03's on a 2.7, undersized. Just personal preference. To each his own. Btw, there are a few e85 results for 71hta's by Tom here, search "71hta" title only.

tscompusa Jun 25, 2013 10:47 PM

at 24psi it made 400whp so far with a lot less torque. were not done yet. his throttle body seals are leaking or some seal went bad in the throttle body area so we stopped. whenever we resume and i complete it i will share it.