EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Evo 8 RS /w stock 9 turbo GSC S3 93oct | 386/386 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/692179-evo-8-rs-w-stock-9-turbo-gsc-s3-93oct-386-386-a.html)

tscompusa May 28, 2014 10:14 PM

Evo 8 RS /w stock 9 turbo GSC S3 93oct | 386/386

Not to often do you guys get to see what the S3 cams do with the stock turbo. Most people think its a complete mismatch but its really not so bad. I posted before & after with S3 and stock cam prior in here as well if you dig for my name and posts.

This car is stationed in Germany on a Military base and is using the on base 93oct. Usually this gas sucks. It didn't suck to bad this time. I do believe i can get this car over 400 on USA fuel with 20% ethanol though.

Mods are:

Stock block / head (no porting)
Buschur Race FMIC
Buschur LICP
GSC S3
1450cc FIC injectors
GrimmSpeed 3 port
Custom 3" SD Intake / Perrin Filter
Muse UICP
Tial Q BOV
Walbro 255 modded
JM Fabrications O2 housing external dump
TurboXS Turbo back exhaust system
EVO 9 Turbo
Tephra v7 SD + ecuboost

This car has my old BR Race FMIC that I got into an accident with and they repaired it. They repaired it then offered me a killer deal on a new one, and drop shipped this one to my military customer.

They repaired it at a great price + Nick @ Buschur's went out of his way to drop it off at the USPS post office for me. Really awesome service as usual!

So since I got it repaired at a good price & the customer was Military, I gave him a killer deal on the FMIC. I don't think i even charged 30% of what i paid new for it to him. He was extremely happy of course.

I also sold him the cams, bov, 3 port, injectors, intake/filter, muse uicp, pump, lower icp, and not sure what else. But basically almost everything on the mod list.

Graph:

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...ry/terry-1.jpg

whotippedmycow May 28, 2014 11:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my car and let me say first Thank you Tom! I am sure many of you have seen reviews on Toms tunes all over this forum. They are all true. From the start Tom took time to explain to me pros/cons of all the parts I wanted. He made suggestions for parts that I wouldn't of got and I am happy I listened to him. He gave me some awesome deals on parts and quick shipping. The drop shipping was a little slow but most likely due to shipping to my military address overseas. The items Tom shipped where shipped same day though and packaged secure and carefully. I am not good with cars but he explained the tuning process to me and I am happy I got the Speed Density setup. The car is so smooth now that I don't even have to lay any game down to pick up chicks now. The car does it for me :) Seriously though he is THE BEST E-Tuner and his prices are unbeatable for the service you get. We exchanged around 100 emails (mostly me asking stupid questions) and Tom answered each one. I am happy with the power I made, wanted 400AWHP but fell short but this is also a safe tune. He is also gonna do my E85 tune which will put me over 400AWHP. Amazing Guy/Tuner/Vendor. Can't wait to work with Tom again! Thanks again and anyone looking for a tuner, Tom is your guy!

Picture of car on "The Nurburgring" (Prior to tune but as soon as I get my new clutch in it's going out shortly after)
Attachment 331178

Picture at track:
Attachment 331179

slowsrt4:( May 29, 2014 12:20 PM

different setup, but good numbers

mx4life85 May 29, 2014 01:50 PM

Nice did you have to change out your valve springs for the S3's?

hokejka May 31, 2014 04:32 PM

post some track times :p

whotippedmycow Jun 1, 2014 01:10 PM

So took it to the track and the board didn't work and my slip was empty. On top of that my clutch died so a new Exedy Twin is being ordered from Tom and hopefully I have everything installed within the next 3 weeks to make it to the next track day. Going to go through withdraw of not driving it though especially since we just finished the tune!

lostsoulsevo Jun 1, 2014 01:38 PM

Is Roy doing the clutch for you?

whotippedmycow Jun 2, 2014 10:02 AM

No, my other friend is.

snowmastergt Jun 2, 2014 10:08 AM

I Have a very similar setup, but with a built 2.3 bottom end with 9.5:1 compression. Any guesstimates on how that would fair?

Bhsj13 Jun 2, 2014 05:53 PM

nice, that 9 turbo and s3's do pretty well.

apagan01 Jun 2, 2014 05:56 PM

Nice deal

Wiznaz Jun 3, 2014 02:12 AM

Awesome! I have a very similar S3 setup on my 8 and would like to see how it performs

linkin Jun 3, 2014 06:16 AM

really nice numbers.. evo 9 turbo ftw at what psi did you make that at?

whotippedmycow Jun 4, 2014 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by linkin (Post 11223401)
really nice numbers.. evo 9 turbo ftw at what psi did you make that at?

I believe 29 PSI

Originally Posted by Wiznaz (Post 11223308)
Awesome! I have a very similar S3 setup on my 8 and would like to see how it performs

I think it will run high 11's or 12's in the quarter mile.

06MREvo Jun 4, 2014 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by whotippedmycow (Post 11224401)
I believe 29 PSI

I think it will run high 11's or 12's in the quarter mile.

Honestly, you should have no problem running mid 11s or quicker. I ran 12.0s with my stock long block, 6 spd evo over 4 yrs ago.