EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Why you need to do an EGR delete (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/698005-why-you-need-do-egr-delete.html)

JohnBradley Aug 22, 2014 09:37 AM

Why you need to do an EGR delete

1 Attachment(s)
This shouldnt come as any surprise since we all know they like to blow the vacuum line off anyway, but do you know how much power you lose when the EGR is open? Even if the car doesnt knock the superheated air is stealing horsepower. Gluing the line on, ziptying it, whatever, are all temporary fixes that need to be resolved.

Since many cars are above 80,000 miles and we have seen the EGR start failing between 80 and 100k it is a good investment to get your power back and keep the motor reliable.

Here are the results on a car with 76k miles and the EGR deleted on the dyno-

Attachment 274191

Unfortunately I am having a minor issue getting the EGR delete we sell online, but it will be there by monday. A $25 fix for 25whp seems like a pretty good bargain.

Thanks

Aaron

mdsevo06 Aug 22, 2014 10:19 AM

Have you noticed any increase in vacuum after removing the EGR? I've noticed my BOV slightly opening under very light throttle after the removal, without changing springs.

e_kobz Aug 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Take my money {thumbup} will definitely be ordering this.

mchuang Aug 22, 2014 11:10 AM

Nice information. Thanks, gonna get one also.

slowsrt4:( Aug 22, 2014 12:11 PM

you guys have to change some things in the tune with the EGR delete or we will get a check engine light right?

Go_Lancer_Go Aug 22, 2014 12:46 PM

I posted this question in the vendor announcements however this is more of the discussion thread.

I was wondering if this is just the block off plate I ordered from you guys or is this something else.

aggieEVO Aug 22, 2014 01:55 PM

Great post. Did a full EGR delete when I put my car together for the first time. Didn't even want to deal with it!

kyoo Aug 22, 2014 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by slowsrt4:( (Post 11285501)
you guys have to change some things in the tune with the EGR delete or we will get a check engine light right?

same q and subbed

aggieEVO Aug 22, 2014 02:30 PM

Yes, and there is a giant how-to thread here on the forum. Pretty easy.

kyoo Aug 22, 2014 02:32 PM

gotcha. there is a general consensus that you get slightly worse mpg with this mod, correct?

Mistaken Aug 22, 2014 02:54 PM

Any need for a retune after this?

mitsubeastlee Aug 22, 2014 02:55 PM

I deleted all egr on manifold and even tapped the egr port inside runner with a cap to block the flow of heat and oil vapors or what have you and I left the hard line running under the fire wall alone (the line that runs to the gas tank i assume) besides weight, will i see any other benefit by deleting the hardline as well as emissions extras on gastank?

egis Aug 22, 2014 04:03 PM

Egr block off plate for $25 will do the trick.all you need is delete some stuff from your ecu for emission test purposes(sorry CA guys).I don't see any decreased millage to be honest.and no you don't need a retune.

Mistaken Aug 22, 2014 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by egis (Post 11285624)
Egr block off plate for $25 will do the trick.all you need is delete some stuff from your ecu for emission test purposes(sorry CA guys).I don't see any decreased millage to be honest.and no you don't need a retune.

{thumbup} Thanks!

silver9mr Aug 22, 2014 04:35 PM

Is there an EGR force inspection in tephra for this delete? In MA we need all sensors working to pass inspection or at least a forced inspection code like i have for the rear o2 sensor. That would be the thing stopping me from removing my EGR.