EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/702593-round-2-tscomptuned-2-4l-buschur-ff-6466-gsc-s3-e85-32psi-through-38psi.html)

tscompusa Nov 2, 2014 01:40 AM

Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi

TSComptuned 2.4L 9.7:1 - Half Filled
TSComptuned cylinder head (Buschur port/polish/mill/oring)
Buschur Forward Facing 6466 Turbo kit (.82 AR vband)
Buschur Double pumper
Buschur Race FMIC
Buschur 3" Vband downpipe
Buschur Lower ic piping
Cobb 3" catback exhaust /w testpipe
GSC S3 cams
FIC 2150cc injectors
-8 AN Goodridge 910 kevlar feedline
Stock feedline as return
Fore Innovations Inline fuel filter
Map Rev 3 Ported intake manifold
Full Blown 70mm TB
ETS upper ic piping /w Tial Q bov
Hallman Pro MBC / Grimmspeed 3 port
Driveshaft shop carbon fiber driveshaft
Shep racing ultimate ratio transmission /w 4.11 FD
Tephra v7 Speed density

Graphs: (2 passengers + me driving + my weight reductions)

First graph displays the lowest boost vs the highest boost:

http://www.tscomptuned.net/tscomp/20...ber-6466-2.jpg

2nd graph displays various pulls from lowest to highest:

http://www.tscomptuned.net/tscomp/20...ember-6466.jpg

Outside temp during pulls mid to high 40's. All pulls on graph done in 3rd gear.

================================================== ============

LATEST UPDATED RESULTS on 93oct and E85 in summer temps:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg

LATEST ENGINE BAY PIC:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg

2-3 at wastegate pressure (752WHP):

Track results @ 780WHP (44mph back half (First slip car wouldn't go into 4th gear):

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg

SiriusEvo Nov 2, 2014 05:04 AM

Nice setup. Nice spool, Nice car! and of course nice power! {OMG}

chris8aguirre Nov 2, 2014 06:09 AM

Amazing build and crazy work as always. Great job Tom

phizzalot Nov 2, 2014 07:10 AM

Very nice! Thats a lot of torque, good luck at the track!!

FameEvo Nov 2, 2014 01:35 PM

That's it, I'm showing up to your place on Wednesday and your taking me for a spin lol

batty200 Nov 2, 2014 05:03 PM

Damn son! Looking good. Is that 3rd gear spool? That's spooling nice! 400tq at low 4k rpm.

Freddy302 Nov 2, 2014 05:57 PM

Great setup and some awesome Power! Good luck at the track!

9's for sure with a 1.6xxx or anything better, 150+ MPH would be a really nice touch ;)

mitsubeastlee Nov 2, 2014 08:51 PM

you will get your 9 second timeslip if it holds together! goodluck!

tscompusa Nov 2, 2014 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SiriusEvo (Post 11333923)
Nice setup. Nice spool, Nice car! and of course nice power! {OMG}

Thanks man. You have a nice setup yourself as well.

Originally Posted by chris8aguirre (Post 11333957)
Amazing build and crazy work as always. Great job Tom

Thank you Chris.

Originally Posted by phizzalot (Post 11333978)
Very nice! Thats a lot of torque, good luck at the track!!

Thanks Ron :)

Originally Posted by FameEvo (Post 11334164)
That's it, I'm showing up to your place on Wednesday and your taking me for a spin lol

:lol: Ya I will take you for a ride.

Originally Posted by batty200 (Post 11334275)
Damn son! Looking good. Is that 3rd gear spool? That's spooling nice! 400tq at low 4k rpm.

Haha. Yes 3rd gear, but remember 4.11 Final drive so its like a 4th gear pull on a regular final drive i think.

Originally Posted by Freddy302 (Post 11334312)
Great setup and some awesome Power! Good luck at the track!

9's for sure with a 1.6xxx or anything better, 150+ MPH would be a really nice touch ;)

Thanks Freddy. I hope so. I need to do some testing before i can verify its ready for track 100%. Ran into a little issue i will post in 2nd response after commenting here.

Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee (Post 11334371)
you will get your 9 second timeslip if it holds together! goodluck!

Thanks You mean HG wise? haha. Ya no ****. That's the only thing I don't like about this block. I think I'm gonna throw that 4g63 block in the car eventually.

tscompusa Nov 2, 2014 10:40 PM

I took the car out today and now its blowing out spark. :banghead: Gonna try fresh plugs first, if that doesnt work I guess its time for a CDI ignition.

I pulled all the plugs, they definitely looked rich, and there was fuel on the pistons. Running the car and boosting it with 10.6 AFR played its toll on the plugs.

I run BPR8eix i gap very tight. This ignition system has never really gave me issues, and I owned it since 2009 or so (sparktech non cdi).

I did a compression test also while I had the plugs out since i never did one before after rebuilding the engine.

It came back better then I even expected, so I am really happy about that. Every cylinder has 170psi+ of pressure with a fully cold engine.

I took it out mainly to get another video for people to see it at 810whp, but the video shut off the first time in the middle of the pulls.

I also experienced some weird voltage issues last night when I was tuning the car. The lights were dimming and stuff was clicking and going nuts at idle, so i was kind of not trusting the battery either. Its a brand new yellowtop. In boost its got 13.5 volts, at idle with headlights, heater, and radio on it is only idling at 12.2 volts though. I could of sworn it was 14 volts at idle before no matter what load was on the car.

This alternator had a half quart of oil come out of it before, so maybe its crapping out.

Shouldn't the alternator draw 14 v if its healthy even with a crappy battery or am i wrong? I know some cars can stay running with just the alternator and the battery unhooked.

Either way heres the video where it shut off on me. Stupid iphone.

It misfired in the vid also but cant really tell. It triggered the knock light though.

If new plugs fix the issue Its going to the track most likely Wednesday if weather is ok.

V8HAHA Nov 3, 2014 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 11334399)
I took the car out today and now its blowing out spark. :banghead: Gonna try fresh plugs first, if that doesnt work I guess its time for a CDI ignition.

I pulled all the plugs, they definitely looked rich, and there was fuel on the pistons. Running the car and boosting it with 10.6 AFR played its toll on the plugs.

I run BPR8eix i gap very tight. This ignition system has never really gave me issues, and I owned it since 2009 or so (sparktech non cdi).

I did a compression test also while I had the plugs out since i never did one before after rebuilding the engine.

It came back better then I even expected, so I am really happy about that. Every cylinder has 170psi+ of pressure with a fully cold engine.

I took it out mainly to get another video for people to see it at 810whp, but the video shut off the first time in the middle of the pulls.

I also experienced some weird voltage issues last night when I was tuning the car. The lights were dimming and stuff was clicking and going nuts at idle, so i was kind of not trusting the battery either. Its a brand new yellowtop. In boost its got 13.5 volts, at idle with headlights, heater, and radio on it is only idling at 12.2 volts though. I could of sworn it was 14 volts at idle before no matter what load was on the car.

This alternator had a half quart of oil come out of it before, so maybe its crapping out.

Shouldn't the alternator draw 14 v if its healthy even with a crappy battery or am i wrong? I know some cars can stay running with just the alternator and the battery unhooked.

Either way heres the video where it shut off on me. Stupid iphone.

It misfired in the vid also but cant really tell. It triggered the knock light though.

2nd gear misfire in progress - YouTube

If new plugs fix the issue Its going to the track most likely Wednesday if weather is ok.

My BR8s were causing a break up the other night when we were on the dyno. #2 was running rich. We gapped them down hella tight and they worked fine. I'm thinking its about time for a CDI system myself. I know I'm maxing out the COP and need to move on to spark tech. I hope you find a cheaper fix than CDI ignition id love to follow suit.

wwcagedevo8 Nov 3, 2014 08:22 PM

I would say it may be time for a upgrade for your alternator which in turn should boost the ignition as well so you won't have to upgrade just yet.

tscompusa Nov 3, 2014 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by V8HAHA (Post 11334784)
My BR8s were causing a break up the other night when we were on the dyno. #2 was running rich. We gapped them down hella tight and they worked fine. I'm thinking its about time for a CDI system myself. I know I'm maxing out the COP and need to move on to spark tech. I hope you find a cheaper fix than CDI ignition id love to follow suit.

I confirmed tonight that my alternator is dead. I thought maybe it was the optima yellow top since I don't know how they behave in cars, but it wasn't that. I bought a new red top from advance auto, and it did the same thing.

The car was 14v at first, then 5 min of idling it dropped to 11v. The alternator is just not working properly.

I know this isn't something that's recommended, but I also disconnected the negative terminal with the car running, and the car instantly shut off. I had a few friends do the same, and their evos stayed running, so I know my alternator is shot.

Heres a picture of how tight I gap my plugs. Probably similar to yours.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...ine=1415087384

Originally Posted by wwcagedevo8 (Post 11335139)
I would say it may be time for a upgrade for your alternator which in turn should boost the ignition as well so you won't have to upgrade just yet.

It was the alternator.

I am just going to get a new OEM or are you recommending me to get more then OEM AMP? I thought I read bad things about to much amps in these cars somewhere.

I really wanted to go to the track Wednesday, but I don't think I can now. Thats why I went and rushed to get a new battery local instead of saving myself $30~ from getting it from amazon.

craig05evo Nov 4, 2014 08:57 AM

I was having the exact same issue and thought it was my alternator, however it turned out to be my power wire going to the alternator had corroded badly and wasn't making a good connection inside the terminal (I replaced the stock wire with a heavier gauge when I rebuilt the engine and soldered it, the solder just didn't hold)

It was hard to diagnose because the heat shrink kept the wire in place, but once I bent the terminal it just kinda fell apart.

Also, I sent you a message about finishing my tune, not sure if you got it.

SLVRNBLK Nov 5, 2014 07:38 PM

Nitto 555R
These are the only set of tires I've ever used on my Evo {thumbup}

Good to see you taking care of all these small issues. I really want to see what this BEAST is going to do at the track. Awesome job Tom!