EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Evo IX MR 6spd stock turbo Kelford 272 93 & E85 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/706662-evo-ix-mr-6spd-stock-turbo-kelford-272-93-e85.html)

tscompusa Jan 21, 2015 08:15 PM

Evo IX MR 6spd stock turbo Kelford 272 93 & E85

This car made some nice numbers. If this had a 5 spd gear box i would say it could see a 120mph+ trap on the E85 tune, but i dont think that is even possible with the 6 spd gearbox.

The mods are very minimal, yet affective.

The mods are:

Perrin Intake
Perrin fmic
Muse Licp
Go fast bits BOV
Megan racing TBE
Kelford 272
Grimmspeed 3port
FIC 1120cc inj
Walbro 255
Exedy twin
Tephra v7 MAF /w ecuboost

Graph below of both the 93 & E85 overlayed:

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...93-e85-3rd.jpg

From what I recall, the outside temps on the 93 tune were a little colder then the E85 tune, so not a 100% accurate overlay, but close enough.

ckevo4 Jan 22, 2015 06:48 PM

Thanks again for the tune Tom. The e85 tune runs so smooth and cold starts are much better than the previous tune. You were a pleasure to work with, and I look forward to working with you again in the future if I ever upgrade the turbo and trans.

tscompusa Jan 23, 2015 03:39 AM

No problem Corey! Thanks for letting me tune it! Nice 1st post :D

Heres a video of your car also on the 93oct that you sent me.

WhodatB Jan 27, 2015 08:25 AM

Very good numbers and thanks for posting your dyno results based on your mods!
One question though, are you still running the MAP o2 dump that u were using in your previous dyno post from Aug. 2014?
I have similar mods and will be upgrading to larger injectors and an o2 dump but will be staying on 93.
Hoping to see around the same results {thumbup}

Cheers:beer:

aggieEVO Jan 27, 2015 01:33 PM

Hey Tom,

Curious about the boost level. Did you guys discuss and decide this is where you wanted to be? I'm comparing this to the JDM IX MR in Greece that you did. You ran him up to 31psi and 26 at 6000. He was on stock cams and FMIC and no e85 in the mix.

Not knocking results by any means, just for my own knowledge. Thinking that maybe you were taking it easy on the 6 speed?

As always, power looks good!

tscompusa Jan 28, 2015 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by WhodatB (Post 11383345)
Very good numbers and thanks for posting your dyno results based on your mods!
One question though, are you still running the MAP o2 dump that u were using in your previous dyno post from Aug. 2014?
I have similar mods and will be upgrading to larger injectors and an o2 dump but will be staying on 93.
Hoping to see around the same results {thumbup}

Cheers:beer:

You're welcome & Thank you. I will let the owner answer that question for you because I don't know the answer..

Originally Posted by aggieEVO (Post 11383613)
Hey Tom,

Curious about the boost level. Did you guys discuss and decide this is where you wanted to be? I'm comparing this to the JDM IX MR in Greece that you did. You ran him up to 31psi and 26 at 6000. He was on stock cams and FMIC and no e85 in the mix.

Not knocking results by any means, just for my own knowledge. Thinking that maybe you were taking it easy on the 6 speed?

As always, power looks good!

Thanks Aggie!

Every setup is different. The reason that I choose certain boost levels is because I base the torque off the boost im running, and this setup made the torque i wanted to make without having to go past the boost level we were hitting, which i believe was around 26psi.

The magic torque number on a evo where it is basically bulletproof to the bottom end is 380wtq. I keep all around this number in 3rd gear the best I can or lower.

Just like any other car, we do put them almost 450-500wtq, but it depends on the setup and the prior history of that car. Now a days i get pretty high mileage cars I tune, so i keep my 380wtq target in mind each car unless the owner specifies a different target instead and understands consequences that could possibly occur.

So simple answer to your question is, the boost level was kept here because it made the torque i wanted, and thats basically all. This setups more efficient then the other guy that needed 31psi or the temps where this car are much colder temps, so not as much boost was necessary.

With a lot more boost, would be a lot more torque, but then id go past my limit, so that is why I kept it here.

aggieEVO Jan 28, 2015 09:09 AM

I appreciate the response. Always trying to learn!

Sorry to hijack!

tscompusa Jan 30, 2015 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by aggieEVO (Post 11384128)
I appreciate the response. Always trying to learn!

Sorry to hijack!

Wasn't a bad question. Not a hijack IMO. :)