EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Evo 8 basic Boltons tune (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/738619-evo-8-basic-boltons-tune.html)

Superchargedk20 Mar 25, 2017 02:26 PM

Evo 8 basic Boltons tune

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys just got my evo 8 tuned. It's pretty stock. Ets intake, ets catted test pipe, Invidia downpipe and magnaflow exhaust. The tuner said I need a fuel pump as right before redline it's getting close to max. I'm gona get a bov as well. Small video too
Attachment 262032

pooster.online Mar 30, 2017 11:34 PM

hows it feel? looks like the torque picks up quick! nice job

Bhsj13 Mar 31, 2017 12:40 PM

just fyi, if you bov currently leaks and you replace it with one tht doesnt, you may need a touch up to your tune. but looks good!

Superchargedk20 Apr 7, 2017 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bhsj13 (Post 11725692)
just fyi, if you bov currently leaks and you replace it with one tht doesnt, you may need a touch up to your tune. but looks good!

It doesn't leak. But been having a few problems lately . I was losing fuel pressure right before redline so he had to taper off boost to keep it safe. We installed a Walbro pump and a greddy bov. After this the car ran pretty bad. Thought it was just the pump running rich.

Drive 2 hrs to the tuner find out I have a huge boost Leak. He tries to scale the map for when I fix the leak. Get it back home. Fix the bov, car runs amazing. Drive it around at wot see the CEL blinking indicating knock. Check IAT they never pass 91-95 degrees even when it's unplugged... weird. Take a thermal gun to the boost pipe it reads 50-55 degrees. Think the company who sold me the speed density kit came with a bunk iat sensor. Hook up a wide band to it. I'm running as lean as 13.0 ....

So now hopefully a new sensor tomorrow and a retune Shortly to fix this. I'm also ordering an aem wide band and boost gauge. I really wanted to stay away from gauges to keep the car more stock looking but it seems I have no choice lol

Superchargedk20 Apr 7, 2017 10:16 AM

Here's a small video of how the bov sounds

Bhsj13 Apr 7, 2017 02:31 PM

it almost sounds like the spring is too stiff. mine has no tututu sounds. donrt run WOT with that afr man, you'll blow.

Superchargedk20 Apr 7, 2017 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bhsj13 (Post 11728026)
it almost sounds like the spring is too stiff. mine has no tututu sounds. donrt run WOT with that afr man, you'll blow.

The bov wasnt closing properly. There was some debris inside. We cleaned the inside and made a custom gasket. Drove it and it was a monster. Just sux, the tuner had to guess with the amount of boost I was leaking . Just way to lean

Superchargedk20 Apr 7, 2017 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bhsj13 (Post 11728026)

I have tutu sound caus I'm vent to atmosphere