EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Evo IX tunes by English racing on methanol by tuned by ER (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/753877-evo-ix-tunes-english-racing-methanol-tuned-er.html)

Evolevos Apr 7, 2019 09:30 AM

Evo IX tune by English racing on methanol

Car Evo IX RS with Evo VIII head on it so no
mods
stock Evo IX turbo
AEM methanol injection
full exhaust
muse o2 dump
gsc s2 cams and springs and supporting mods for the head
MBC
ets upper lower IC pipes
ETS 4” core
walboro 250 FP
Speed density conversion tuned by English racing

The car is a blast to drive with this setup I was hoping to get 400 whp not sure what else I can add to get there but the car is a monster to drive and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...0bc5cfe7e.jpeg

ctfpevoVIII Apr 7, 2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Evolevos (Post 11867719)
mods
stock Evo IX turbo
AEM methanol injection
full exhaust
muse o2 dump
gsc s2 cams and springs and supporting mods for the head
MBC
ets upper lower IC pipes
ETS 4” core
walboro 250 FP
Speed density conversion tuned by English racing

The car is a blast to drive with this setup I was hoping to get 400 whp not sure what else I can add to get there but the car is a monster to drive and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...0bc5cfe7e.jpeg

throw on a fp red or black

kaj Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM

That's pretty close. Does English's dyno read "close" to other DynoJets? I know some shops have lower-reading dynos. If this is one of them, then you would be right where you should be. If not, e85 would get you to 400whp easy. If you are stuck using pump and methanol, then you would need to up the meth %. That giant FMIC isn't doing you any favors, either.
Either way, you are really, really close to reaching your goal (if you haven't already). As long as the car is fun to drive, no worries!

Evolevos Apr 7, 2019 11:22 AM

E85 is just not available in Oregon enough to justify it it’s at least 60 miles either direction to get it for me...
im not sure with English racing how there dyno reads to be honest I know it’s a pretty big fmic core but I plan to go to fp red down the road..
Just not sure if it’s smart to do on the stock bottom end

ctfpevoVIII Apr 7, 2019 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Evolevos (Post 11867729)
E85 is just not available in Oregon enough to justify it it’s at least 60 miles either direction to get it for me...
im not sure with English racing how there dyno reads to be honest I know it’s a pretty big fmic core but I plan to go to fp red down the road..
Just not sure if it’s smart to do on the stock bottom end

you will be fine on the stock bottom end , they limit the torque and English is one of the best out there tuning evo’s so you have no worries.

whtrice Apr 7, 2019 11:56 AM

As previous mentioned running E85 would get you there. Also just adding a FP green would probably get you there. The red and blk that was previously mentioned would too. Running E85 would require bigger injectors @ 1000 cc min unless you already have them installed. Your tune would have to be torque limited as English is well aware of on stock bottom end motors.

Don't want to throw a rod. :(

kaj Apr 7, 2019 12:46 PM

Turbo size is hard to guess, since we don't know which pump gas you are using or how much meth. For reference, a Green will do close to (if not reach, depending on dyno) 400whp+- on 91oct. You have the cams for it, but other mods will make a difference. A red will, for sure, get you there but possibly larger than needed. If after dyno numbers: Red. Pretty much any larger-than-stock turbo will reach the stock block's torque limit, so it's all about what WHP number you are chasing. If you after a more responsive car: Green will be close enough. It's all about finding your "happy place" on this scale :lol:

"wow this car accelerates fast!" ....wait for it.... ..here it comes.... "okay, now weeeeee!"
<-------*my car*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

**edit: that scale is horrible on the mobile app. :lol:

2006EvoIXer Apr 7, 2019 02:07 PM

Why did you put evo 8 head on?

hutch959 Apr 7, 2019 05:27 PM

nice curve...

Evolevos Apr 7, 2019 10:26 PM

I didn’t choose the evo 8 head previously on the car also 92 oct btw no 93 in Oregon running a 50/50 meth

2006EvoIXer Apr 8, 2019 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Evolevos (Post 11867792)
I didn’t choose the evo 8 head previously on the car also 92 oct btw no 93 in Oregon running a 50/50 meth

What does your car put down on pump 92?

LetsGetThisDone Apr 8, 2019 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11867727)
That's pretty close. Does English's dyno read "close" to other DynoJets? I know some shops have lower-reading dynos. If this is one of them, then you would be right where you should be. If not, e85 would get you to 400whp easy. If you are stuck using pump and methanol, then you would need to up the meth %. That giant FMIC isn't doing you any favors, either.
Either way, you are really, really close to reaching your goal (if you haven't already). As long as the car is fun to drive, no worries!

Dynojets don't really read "differently" from each other like other dyno brands. Differences larger than a couple percent from another dynojet would be due to atmospheric conditions and elevation.

Evolevos Apr 10, 2019 08:11 AM

Before the o2 dump and meth tune it put down like 338 I believe but it was tuned more on the conservative side I think they could of squeezed more out of it but there was a couple things I wanted to take care of...
so I did that and I should say this meth mixture is more like a 70%meth 30 water

Evolevos Apr 11, 2019 07:32 PM

I thought I would clarify it’s a 3.5 ets core not 4” don’t know why I had 4” core in my head bah

Salman Apr 19, 2019 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Evolevos (Post 11867719)
mods

stock Evo IX turbo

Is that Stock EVO 9 RS turbo that comes with Magnisium Compressor Wheel?
I also Have Evo 9 Turbo with mC in the part no. But I am not installing it because I read it cant hold Boost above 1 Bar.
Is this Possiable that you can share Turbo Picture showing Part #...
Super Thanks..