Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

EVO Audio Info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks like that adapter is required. Oh well . . .

BTW, the bottom 2 screws are only for the pocket and there removal isn't required to remove the headunit. Nice write up.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

OK I will remove the part about the pocket screws. I wasnt sure about them.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
interesting...
Old May 24, 2008, 03:42 PM

Any information about crossovers? How can you tell if a speaker is blown? and you want components for the front but coax for the back? Tweeters are up in the dash?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 03:13 PM

Question regarding this setup for the SSL: Will an aftermarket head unit treat the sub like a sub, or like a regular rear speaker?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Someone suggested getting an amp to power the stock speakers. What are the stock speakers rated at? As mention you probably want to be on the upper end, but it shouldn't be necessary to overkill. I would assume if you got an amp that fit in the upper range of the stock speakers you would still hopefully fall at least in the middle of a decent aftermarket one.

I don't listen to anything with much bass (AKA no rap) and I'm not overly disappointed with the stock sound compared to my last car. I hope a new head unit and amp will do it for me. Suggestions on the amp? Also, will I need some wiring kit for it?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snake20
Question regarding this setup for the SSL: Will an aftermarket head unit treat the sub like a sub, or like a regular rear speaker?
i have a alpine 9857 and the ssl sub acts like a speaker. changing the sub settings in the hu does not effect the the rear sub at all
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

You guys are great help, I am beginning to understand how all of this works I think. As far as running just one power wire to a Distro Block, Will a 20 Ft. 0/1 AWG Power Wire work to split 3 ways with 4 gauge wiring?? and how big of wire should I run to each AMP??

Thanks again,

Jeff
Old Jan 17, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

i got a pioneer hu and got 4 3-way pioneer coaxials...unhooked stock tweeters....got plastic adapter plates from www.crutchfield.com ...this sounded decent...but i wanted more bass so i got a bandpass sub box with 2 pioneer 12" subs in it powered by a mono amp....sounds great
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:09 PM

what the specs of EVO IX factory subwoofer (infinity)?
RMS, Peak, Resistance?

Last edited by Annexy; Mar 5, 2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old May 18, 2009, 08:31 PM

are the speakers in the doors and rear deck on a NON-SSL evo ix the same as the speakers on an SSL ix?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Amp

Does the SSL package have a stock amplifier?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a lot of good information in this thread but I'm not seeing anything about installing an aftermarket headunit/radio/stereo in a 2006 SE.

The SE has 6 speakers and an AMP.

Should I bypass the amp and rewire the speakers, should I get the MITSRCVR harness and use the RCA outs on my new headunit?

If I use the RCA outs from the headunit then I only need to connected a few wires from the harness for power/acc/dimmer(maybe not needed). Is this correct?

I've done installs before but never with a stock amp.

I've heard you can damage components by hooking up the internal headunit amp to the stock amp.

Please assist if you can, thank you.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by november
There is a lot of good information in this thread but I'm not seeing anything about installing an aftermarket headunit/radio/stereo in a 2006 SE.

The SE has 6 speakers and an AMP.

Should I bypass the amp and rewire the speakers, should I get the MITSRCVR harness and use the RCA outs on my new headunit?

If I use the RCA outs from the headunit then I only need to connected a few wires from the harness for power/acc/dimmer(maybe not needed). Is this correct?

I've done installs before but never with a stock amp.

I've heard you can damage components by hooking up the internal headunit amp to the stock amp.

Please assist if you can, thank you.
The SE has a amp? Mine didn't come with one. I thought the amp only came with the SSL package?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by daisaw1219
i have a alpine 9857 and the ssl sub acts like a speaker. changing the sub settings in the hu does not effect the the rear sub at all
Just wanted to see if anyone had any resolution to this. I tried searching and found a few other people with the issue but no clear answers as to how to fix it.

I installed an Alpine 9886 earlier (was my first time ever touching any car audio) after becoming tired of dealing with CDs and it went pretty good thanks to the clear instructions that came with it and the adapters. This is the only hiccup that I've run into.

Quick Reply: EVO Audio Info