Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

OEM foglight switch with non oem hid car

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM foglight switch with non oem hid car

Ok, here's the prolem I'm running into. I bought a set of hid headlights with fogs, and I'm trying to install them and use the factory foglight switch so it looks clean on the inside. I already have the harness made for the hid's and have them wired up and working perfectly. I bought an oem foglight switch and I know I need to make a latching trigger to keep the fogs on because of the switch being momentary but that's no big deal. I looked under the dash and there is a plug there for the foglight switch even though my car did not have foglights from the factory. Does anyone know where the wires from that switch come into the engine bay so I can tap into them?? I tried following them but it's near impossible to see where they go. There is a how-to thread on the oem hid and fogs conversion but he doesn't say how he tapped into the wires. I tried contacting him to no avail. Sorry for such a long post.. Can anyone help?????????
Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
come on.. I know someone on this forum has to have a wire schematic for an IX.