Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Radio shot? need help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio shot? need help

Here's the story, I have a 2011 lancer es, I put in an amp and subs and come to realize, **** theres no RCA jacks, so i put in a line converter and all went well with that, but I put the remote wire to the amp on what looked like the remote wire on the same harness the speaker wires were on. The system worked but when i turned my car off, the remote wire would make my speakers blow full blast untill the ignition was on. So I drove to my friends house listening to the speakers, when I got there I unhooked the remote wire from the blue wire (whatever wire that was) and next time i turned my car on, the radio WILL NOT TURN ON!!!! ive checked everything, fuses, shorts, wire connections, everythings connected right. I hooked the remote wire to my ignition wire and it works fine now, but my radio just wont turn on. Please try to help me out, sorry the text was so long... I have no idea whats wrong with the radio, just to mention the faceplate/ button area still lights up, just wont turn on