Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Anyone familar with the Pioneer AVIC-N4 DVD player

Old May 27, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone familar with the Pioneer AVIC-N4 DVD player

I see there was a bunch of people that used to have or were selling the Pioneer avic-n4 dvd/navigation stereo system. Does anyone still have one or know alot about them that might be able to answer a few questions for me about it. I have one in my evo ix which i paid $200 for to have left in the car when i bought it.
my questions;
why not all the options on the screen are able to be selected and what i have to do to activate them all

what do i have to do to be able to keep the dvd player working while im driving
Old May 27, 2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by BoostedAWD91
I see there was a bunch of people that used to have or were selling the Pioneer avic-n4 dvd/navigation stereo system. Does anyone still have one or know alot about them that might be able to answer a few questions for me about it. I have one in my evo ix which i paid $200 for to have left in the car when i bought it.
my questions;
why not all the options on the screen are able to be selected and what i have to do to activate them all

what do i have to do to be able to keep the dvd player working while im driving
all i know is that every dvd player you install in the car, you have to bypass it in order for it to work while your driving
Old May 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i know most you have to wire to the parking brake for to work, and you can wire it up to a switch or just ground it for it to work. This works for alittle bit while driving and then goes off. When im driving, it will come on and off so im not sure what the deal is
Old May 27, 2012, 07:22 PM

Hey! Go to you tube and search pioneer avic n4 bypass and that should show you how to rewire!
Old May 27, 2012, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

The main reason i posted this is to find out why or how you get all the options lit up to use. In the main menu there is a bunch of different things you can do, but a few of them you can select. I guess ill just have to print out the HUGE manual and go through it
Old May 28, 2012, 02:17 AM

Some of the options may require additional modules to be installed. The usual suspects are bluetooth/digital radio/navigation though some head units will have them built-in. Best bet is to check the manual online or download a copy.
Old May 31, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

im wondering when using the hands free phone screen, why there is a battery meter on there that the bars keep going down with use. Why is that?