Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Dash Light Issues...Any help appreciated

Old Dec 20, 2017, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Dash Light Issues...Any help appreciated

For my IX MR, I just had the dealership perform the air bag recall and flash update (since i'm not flashed currently). For them to do the work, I had to remove some of my under-dash wiring from my gauges, radar detector, etc. After I got it back, I took the next month or so to change the location of my Defi gauges and install my AEM wideband. I installed the o2 sensor through the passenger side floor grommet, and wired in the AEM to the lighter fuse using a fuse tap, which is working fine.

When I drove it to work this morning, I noticed that many of my interior lights are not working. The lights that are working are: A/C panel and speedo / main gauge cluster. The lights that are not working are: lights to the left of the speedo/main gauge cluster (ACD, dimmer), hazard lights switch, cigarette lighter, ash tray light.

I've checked the fuses, including the engine bay fuse related to the radio/dome light (in the yellow clip) and everything seems good. Any other ideas as to what may cause this?

I tried attaching a picture, but my iPhone keeps spinning it so I apologize in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Dash Light Issues...Any help appreciated-img_1884.jpg  
Old Dec 21, 2017, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure if it’s relevant, but during the relocation of the defi gauges I did remove the standard MR gauges and it’s wiring.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:19 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyBandy
For my IX MR, I just had the dealership perform the air bag recall and flash update (since i'm not flashed currently). For them to do the work, I had to remove some of my under-dash wiring from my gauges, radar detector, etc. After I got it back, I took the next month or so to change the location of my Defi gauges and install my AEM wideband. I installed the o2 sensor through the passenger side floor grommet, and wired in the AEM to the lighter fuse using a fuse tap, which is working fine.

When I drove it to work this morning, I noticed that many of my interior lights are not working. The lights that are working are: A/C panel and speedo / main gauge cluster. The lights that are not working are: lights to the left of the speedo/main gauge cluster (ACD, dimmer), hazard lights switch, cigarette lighter, ash tray light.

I've checked the fuses, including the engine bay fuse related to the radio/dome light (in the yellow clip) and everything seems good. Any other ideas as to what may cause this?

I tried attaching a picture, but my iPhone keeps spinning it so I apologize in advance.
I’m having the same exact problem same day I swapped out my gauges too any luck lmk
Old Jun 9, 2018, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im having almost the same issue, except my ac panel lights and my volt, oil temp, and boost gauge lights are not lighting up after getting the most recent passenger side air bag recall.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone figure this out? Half my main gauge cluster is out. Coolant temp, Lancer logo, fuel gauge. Other half is fine. This happened right after the Takata recall.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 06:53 PM

I had to take my car back to the dealership. They found that it was rheostat fuse. But what your going through, thag had happen to me during the first airbag recall, which was just the light bulbs being bad.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Atmz25
I had to take my car back to the dealership. They found that it was rheostat fuse. But what your going through, thag had happen to me during the first airbag recall, which was just the light bulbs being bad.
Thanks. I'll start with the bulbs. What fuse are you referencing? Looks like there was a typo in your message.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:36 AM

sorry it was in the rheostat circuit that they found a fuse to be blown
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Literally same spot for me, the whole right side of the cluster is out. I have yet to take it apart to check the bulbs but it happened right after the airbag recall. Lmk if you happen to find any information. It doesnt bother me until I drive at night lmao. Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RendragSemaj
Literally same spot for me, the whole right side of the cluster is out. I have yet to take it apart to check the bulbs but it happened right after the airbag recall. Lmk if you happen to find any information. It doesnt bother me until I drive at night lmao. Thanks.
Pulled the cluster the other day. Some bulbs were just dead (confirmed by swapping two). About five are just straight up missing. I'm just going to fix this myself. Dealership is a bunch of clowns. I have no idea how this happened because they replaced my airbag inflator.
The following users liked this post:
RendragSemaj (Jul 29, 2018)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by aamoedo
Pulled the cluster the other day. Some bulbs were just dead (confirmed by swapping two). About five are just straight up missing. I'm just going to fix this myself. Dealership is a bunch of clowns. I have no idea how this happened because they replaced my airbag inflator.
Wow, they really are. Glad it wasn't something bigger than that but very strange. I will get around to taking my cluster out to check and let you know if its the same for me. Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Update: new bulbs and replacing those that were missing solved the issue.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by aamoedo
Update: new bulbs and replacing those that were missing solved the issue.
Glad to hear that man. Do you think something happened when they did the recall and it shorted the lights out on the right side of the cluster? Still haven't taken mine out to verify yet.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RendragSemaj
Glad to hear that man. Do you think something happened when they did the recall and it shorted the lights out on the right side of the cluster? Still haven't taken mine out to verify yet.
Everything worked fine when I took it in, everything did not work fine when I got it back. Some bulbs were missing entirely. So ¯\_(?)_/¯
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, I still haven’t gotten around to diagnosing mine yet, but looks like others had the same coincidence after the airbag inflator recall.

If you did replace the bulbs, where did you buy from? (I have cluster bulbs, but not the other under dash areas for fog lights, ac knobs, etc)

Also where is the rheostat fuse?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash Light Issues...Any help appreciated