EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Electrical / Audio / Security (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security-180/)
-   -   need suggestions on a start up disabler (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security/567254-need-suggestions-start-up-disabler.html)

turbodsm420 Jul 28, 2011 10:52 AM

need suggestions on a start up disabler

delete

Evo MR IX Fritz Aug 5, 2011 07:06 PM

we used to do this on hondas lol. i dont see why it wouldnt work

audiofan Aug 5, 2011 07:38 PM

why you want to do it?

I use the valet function on tephra V7, for "security", set on 1800 rpm; but you could set it lower so that It won't start (600 - 1000 rpm) and with a crazy disabling time so that only you know how to do it

Skylineracer Aug 5, 2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by audiofan (Post 9513614)
why you want to do it?

I use the valet function on tephra V7, for "security", set on 1800 rpm; but you could set it lower so that It won't start (600 - 1000 rpm) and with a crazy disabling time so that only you know how to do it

this wont work if your car is stolen by plugging in a different ecu to bypass the chip key

fryedchikin Aug 5, 2011 08:16 PM

1. Look at wiring diagram for your car
2. Pick any connection which is critical to the engine running
3. Splice in a switch
4. Don't tell anyone or post on any forum which connection you used or where you hid the switch.:beer:

jyoung Aug 6, 2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Evo MR IX Fritz (Post 9513590)
we used to do this on hondas lol. i dont see why it wouldnt work

{thumbup}

turbodsm420 Aug 7, 2011 12:44 PM

delete

Evo MR IX Fritz Aug 7, 2011 03:44 PM

buy a viper alarm with a back up battery. once the alarm goes of it locks the starter untill it its disarmed. also they have 100+db sirens that are put into the inside of the car that will make your ears bleed if you have the doors closed. plus with the newer vipers (and cliffords) you can get a 2 way pager remote that will notify you if something is going down.

Evo MR IX Fritz Aug 7, 2011 03:48 PM

here is a good option at a great price with remote start and turbo timer.. viper 5501 remote start

jsut make sure u get the back up battery and the siren for inside the car

Evo MR IX Fritz Aug 7, 2011 03:57 PM

also clifford g5 alarms have a system called blackjax. it allows you to set up a 1 to 4 digit code that only you know and u hide the button somewhere out of plain view once it is triggered the car will shut off and lock untill it the code is put in. there are many options on how to protect ur car BUT.. and this is a big BUT, if someone wants the car bad enough there gunna find a way around any security measures. i hope ii have provided you wit some helpful information

Vivid Racing Aug 8, 2011 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by fryedchikin (Post 9513672)
3. Splice in a switch
4. Don't tell anyone or post on any forum which connection you used or where you hid the switch.:beer:

Don't forget the relay, depending on what connection it is {thumbup}

Step #4 is KEY!!

ahr4156 Aug 22, 2011 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by fryedchikin (Post 9513672)
3. Splice in a switch

{thumbup}

turbodsm420 Aug 23, 2011 07:08 PM

delete.

MRCole Sep 2, 2011 12:07 PM

Over on the type r forums, we used to do ecu removal, fuel pump cutoff, ignition cutoff and some other crazy ideas. Though if they want it bad enough, they'll load it on a flat bed and be gone with it.

vboy720 Sep 4, 2011 11:13 PM

not sure if your car has a clutch interlock relay, but you can definately extend the switch to somewhere you can reach better, but hidden of course.