EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Electrical / Audio / Security (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security-180/)
-   -   New tail lights......depo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security/679001-new-tail-lights-depo.html)

2006.EVO.MR Dec 28, 2013 10:51 AM

New tail lights......depo

1 Attachment(s)
Just got depo jdm tails. Fitment is good so I'm pretty happy with them so far. I went around the lights with clear silicone just to make sure they will not leak. :beer:

05BlackBeast Dec 28, 2013 11:58 AM

Looking good bro! They should hold up well

RallySport9 Dec 28, 2013 12:35 PM

They look really legit. I used to own a pair authentic ones and these look almost identical lol but I'd assume there's a difference in quality..

AJCaron12 Dec 28, 2013 01:25 PM

I have the exact same set and I love them. I wish they would make Depo JDM headlamps...

slow gst Dec 28, 2013 11:47 PM

Where did you order them from? I've seen them advertised pretty cheap on Amazon.

AceCampano Dec 29, 2013 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by AJCaron12 (Post 11065414)
I have the exact same set and I love them. I wish they would make Depo JDM headlamps...

I hope they don't...

SW20Mike Dec 29, 2013 08:37 AM

they are $175 on eBay, I like how they look pic my car. matches my jdm blacked out headlights. ^ why wouldn't you want depo to make the headlights? they'd probably be much cheaper and look just as good. only reason I got the headlights on my car is because insurance paid for them, way too much to buy out of pocket imo, but they do look great

Viegasjuice Dec 29, 2013 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by AceCampano (Post 11065762)
I hope they don't...

.......because? Not everyone can afford "jdm" heads and tails.

DSMdynamic Dec 29, 2013 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice (Post 11066046)
.......because? Not everyone can afford "jdm" heads and tails.

Because then everybody will get them and there will be almost no market for the authentic jdm ones. It's sorta cool how they have the rare factor to them now, kind of makes them more desirable. How boring would it be if everybody had the same Depo headlights on their cars.

This is just my opinion..

2006.EVO.MR Dec 29, 2013 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got them on ebay. $175 shipped. Here is another picture in the rain. No leaks.

hatesposers Dec 29, 2013 07:55 PM

I have had my Depot tails on for like 6 months now, from 90 degree weather to (currently -25 with wind chill) with no leaks, or moisture inside. I did run a seal of silicone around the joint before I installed them.

AJCaron12 Dec 29, 2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by AceCampano (Post 11065762)
I hope they don't...

I'm sorry, but you must be outside your mind if you think I'm gonna pay $1700 for a set of headlights. That is the most absurd idea in the world.

ODUB Dec 29, 2013 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by DSMdynamic (Post 11066454)
Because then everybody will get them and there will be almost no market for the authentic jdm ones. It's sorta cool how they have the rare factor to them now, kind of makes them more desirable. How boring would it be if everybody had the same Depo headlights on their cars.

This is just my opinion..

Who cares about "sorta cool." That's absurd. I wish there was an alternative to the authentic lights, then it would create competition, lessen demand, and bring the ridiculous prices down on them. Also, for a part that is strictly changed for looks, there's no reason to pay almost $2000 for it unless you just enjoy wasting money.

DSMdynamic Dec 30, 2013 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by ODUB (Post 11066538)
Who cares about "sorta cool." That's absurd. I wish there was an alternative to the authentic lights, then it would create competition, lessen demand, and bring the ridiculous prices down on them. Also, for a part that is strictly changed for looks, there's no reason to pay almost $2000 for it unless you just enjoy wasting money.

I hear what you're saying, and I personally would never pay that much either, it's ridiculous. That's almost enough money for a brand new decent sized turbo. I just think nothing will beat the top notch oem quality of these lights... although depo did a pretty damn good job with the tails.

EvokidIX Dec 30, 2013 12:19 PM

I found my JDM Evo VIII heads for $500 :D

I would never buy them new. $1700 is just plain stupid for headlights