EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Electrical / Audio / Security (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security-180/)
-   -   Put keyless ETACS into RS? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security/732913-put-keyless-etacs-into-rs.html)

SoCalRedLine Sep 11, 2016 11:46 PM

Put keyless ETACS into RS?

1 Attachment(s)
Look...before you go all, "just put in an aftermarket keyless or alarm," just don't...

I have an alarm system. The keyless systems that are aftermarket (as well as the alarms) wear out much faster than factory, and I've had to replace relays and keyless boxes about every 3-5 years. It would be great to have a "factory" system that wires right up and I can rely on for my daily use...plus it would be nice to use factory key fobs.

My car looks and drives like a 100% stock, OEM Evo and I'd like to keep it that way for the next 5-10years. Not easy to find an unmolested 10yr old tuner car.

Here's what I have figured out:
-I have the factory wiring for the switches and door lock actuators already installed in my RS (thank you junkyard Evos)
-I have the non-keyless ETACS 8637AO-12 and would need to replace it with the MR5309 ETACS from a non-RS Evo/galant/endeavor/etc
-I would need a factory keyfob and program it to the new ETACS

anyone else know what would be needed here? Am I missing a step in some sort of immobilizer or some other thing that could make my vehicle a non-starter?

sullivan1337 Sep 27, 2016 10:50 PM

bump because going through something similar with my car currently.

SoCalRedLine Feb 11, 2018 07:08 PM

This works, btw. Took a little wiring and programming. But it works fine.

LCS Sep 8, 2018 02:20 PM

How did you make it work? My VII does have the key reminder switch - the white box bolted to the key cylinder - but the harness that should connect it to the ETACS is missing. I can programm the remote but it won't lock/unlock the doors. Plus the door chime stays on whenever any door is open.

The missing harness should connect "C-202 (7) pin 6 - key reminder switch" to "C-227 (24) pin 30 ETACS". On C-202 there are two green wires.

C-202 pin 4 - connected to ground
C-202 pin 6 - connects to C-227 pin 30

At first I thought that making the keyless entry work should be just a matter of connecting the key reminder switch to the ETACS ECU but that does not make any sense.

The reminder chime stays on as long as the key is inside the cylinder, thus when C-227 pin 30 is grounded. When that pin is not grounded than the chime should go off. So when all doors are closed and the key is off the cylinder you should be able to lock/unlock the doors by the remote fob.

So why it is not working in my car since the C-227 is never grounded? I have the wiring diagrams but there is no pinout for all the connectors therefore I can't check what other wires are missing.

Any help would be apreciated.

MionieEvo Feb 24, 2024 06:13 AM

Keyless entry fuse location?

Originally Posted by SoCalRedLine (Post 11662621)
Look...before you go all, "just put in an aftermarket keyless or alarm," just don't...

I have an alarm system. The keyless systems that are aftermarket (as well as the alarms) wear out much faster than factory, and I've had to replace relays and keyless boxes about every 3-5 years. It would be great to have a "factory" system that wires right up and I can rely on for my daily use...plus it would be nice to use factory key fobs.

My car looks and drives like a 100% stock, OEM Evo and I'd like to keep it that way for the next 5-10years. Not easy to find an unmolested 10yr old tuner car.

Here's what I have figured out:
-I have the factory wiring for the switches and door lock actuators already installed in my RS (thank you junkyard Evos)
-I have the non-keyless ETACS 8637AO-12 and would need to replace it with the MR5309 ETACS from a non-RS Evo/galant/endeavor/etc
-I would need a factory keyfob and program it to the new ETACS

anyone else know what would be needed here? Am I missing a step in some sort of immobilizer or some other thing that could make my vehicle a non-starter?

hey. Do you happen to know which exact fuse/relay for the oem keyless entry remote? Mine stopped working and for the life of me i can not find the fuse for it. (Yes. I put a new battery in the remote and its still dead. It's gotta be a blown fuse or relay of some sort.)