Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Uprated fuel pump??

Old Jan 8, 2002, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uprated fuel pump??

As I'll probably order some parts from Graham Goode, I was thinking about ordering an uprated fuel pump while I'm at it. Does anyone have any experience with that pump?
Maxi, did you need to change your ECU settings when you installed yours, i.e. does it need a new controller?
Old Jan 9, 2002, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

See, now I don't understand why one pump doesn't need a different controller and the other one does...
Also, the flow rate that RC quote can also be achieved with the one from Graham Goode, how much did the RC one cost?? The one at GRaham Goode is 145 pounds
Old Jan 9, 2002, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

And one more thing, in the end none of these companies make the pump or have it especially made for them, the pumps will all be standard parts off the shelf from pump manufacturers who I don't know too much about but I imagine there aren't too many of them.
Old Jan 9, 2002, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

I think that either PE or GRAHAM GOOD fuel pump will be ok, the interest of buying one from RC DEVELOPMENTS is that it's cheaper and that they can also supply the fuel regulator that will let you increase the fuel flow, and by doing that you can with the apexi stuff raise the boost without getting fuel cuts.

You can do the same thing with the other pump, but rc developments will help you to set everything.

What I don't know is for example, if you fit a ralliart sports ecu/exhaust/filter and 1.5bars boost and a PE fuel pump without any fuel pressure reg, would there be a difference in power or in fuel pressure compared to an engine w/o pe fuel pump, or it's just safe?
Old Jan 9, 2002, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

You see, Dario, your last question is exactly mine. I don't know if that's true or not....
Old Jan 9, 2002, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

The fuel pressure means jackshít unless you know the narrowest part of the pipes that it flows through, what's more important is the actual flow.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Forget about those fuel pumps! My 6, has perfect lambda figures over the whole rev range. This is at 1.4 bar.

Have your car tested first, then decide if you need one. It is typical for our Monaco boys with their 'slow' evo's to get the pump, because 'you must have one'. Posers!
Old Jan 14, 2002, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by N.Ring
Forget about those fuel pumps! My 6, has perfect lambda figures over the whole rev range. This is at 1.4 bar.

Have your car tested first, then decide if you need one. It is typical for our Monaco boys with their 'slow' evo's to get the pump, because 'you must have one'. Posers!
How are you measuring the lamda figures? Wideband o2?
Old Jan 15, 2002, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Of course I want to keep my pump for my car cause I don't have any fuel cuts, but my idea is to slowly build up my car, i.e. do all the small bits that I can afford now before splashing out for a new ECU and internals. Well, maybe that ain't gonna happen anyway...
ok, ok I'll keep the pump
Old Jan 15, 2002, 02:55 AM
Evolved Member

On another note, where did you get yours checked, Gerrit?? Cause I wouldn't mind having mine checked by some professionals...
Old Jan 15, 2002, 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

Hello Michael,

I always go to Boemanns Motorsport: www.boemanns-motorsport.de

He does a lot of prep work for race cars (VLN). He checked our Honda as well (after the race, to see if we were not cheating; especially when we started winning!).

For the lambda values, he put an o2 sensor into the exhaust. Drilled into the cat replacement pipe, welded in a nut, and afterwards covered the opening up nicely.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Well, if he drills the hole he might aswell leave it in there for me. Can't cost too much, can it...
Old Jan 15, 2002, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

Just checked where they are located, hmmm, might go up there when I get my car registered.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uprated fuel pump??