Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

PSI/bar setting for stock turbo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSI/bar setting for stock turbo

got a question on stock boost i have a UTEC with the boost controler under hood have it set up to 1.3 bar boost thats 20psi correct and if so is that not going to make my stock turbo last long but the power im getting is quite good should i trim it down to 18 psi or 19psi to save some of me over boosting cels i get ?and i do not have a psi gauge so i need those setting for bar please. UTEC is still in open loop boost control so any help on where i should set my turbo to would be sweet
Old Sep 3, 2005, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well on the stock turbo I'm running 23 lbs and about to turn it up some more. If you haven't had the chance to get ARP head studs I would recommend it -- basically a safety insurance when running higher boost levels than stock.

If you are running 93 octane you could get away with 22 lbs all day -- now if you were to get race gas / alky installed (race gas is a bit more expensive) you could run even higher boost levels.

as for psi to bar conversions go to:http://www.onlineconversion.com/pressure.htm