Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

intake and exhaust what produces power

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intake and exhaust what produces power

there is many different manufactures that make intakes and exhaust. my question is what is the factor that make one of each better than the rest. with exhaust i've heard that straighter the piping the better, or the larger the piping the better. with intakes all i know is the colder they can make and filter the air the better.

so can seem one give me the basics to why same intakes and exhaust perform better than the next.

i'm sure im not the only person that wonders this too. since the major of systems dont seem to different from each other
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
on any turbo'd car its flows.. into and out of the motor, smoother the flow better the power as well as the more air u can get into the cylinder the more power you make
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Like QWK said on turbo cars the simple bolt-ons work well because the turbo can work more efficiently then before. If you expedite the airflow in and out of the turbo then the turbo is a more efficient pump

Edit: To answer your question there is no perfect system. They all have trade-offs so it becomes your decision on which trade-offs you can handle.

I feel like I have the "perfect system" after tons of research. Figure out what you want to do with the car (i.e. big hp, road race, drag race, street tune) then find your perfect system

Last edited by nrcooled; Aug 16, 2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for ur replies but thats not what i mean. i mean what makes a buschur exhaust better than a Greddy or vise versa. or why a AEM intake is not as good as a HKS rs. i want to know what about there designs is better for horsepower. thats if anyone knows.