Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Can Eclipse 2g exhaust fit Evo 1?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Eclipse 2g exhaust fit Evo 1?

Hello to all,
Currently, the Evo 1 project I've set myself up with will need an exhaust system later on down to road to accomidate the upgrades planned. I've found some excellent deals with Eclipse 2g parts and would be able to pick up a decent turbo-back system for $350. My only problem is wether the body is similar enough to bolt the exhaust to the body without custom parts or having to order another system instead of this one?

Any input is appreciated.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just buy whatever muffler it is you want, and then take the car to an exhaust place, fitment will be great and might be cheaper in the long run.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:51 AM

yeah true on that info...
good luck let us know if it works out
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:52 AM

Tempting, but being this far north in Japan, it would cost me over 100 bucks to drive the toll road south far enough to find a decent place that does work like that. Even if I tried to look for one in a phone book, I wouldn't be able to read it.

Blame the USAF for sending me out here. Talk about the sticks. Nothing but farmland as far as the eye can see and everything else is in kanji.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:57 AM

Maybe i'm in the wrong forum. Seems like everyone here has the Evo VIII's or IX's
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tri-StarPower
Maybe i'm in the wrong forum. Seems like everyone here has the Evo VIII's or IX's
Yeah sorry bro but us U.S.A people weren't lucky enough to get a hold on those early editions of Evo's.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah very true.... not exactly the wrong forum, but most of us are trying to get parts from japan..... i bet you could make a killing if you set something up from there. i bet you can get us parts pretty cheap and then mail them to us. we would paypal you money .... end up paying for your tolls. i bet at the mitsu dealers there we could get all types of cool stuff
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:28 AM

Good lord, sometimes It's frustrating being here seeing all the stuff I like but can't take home. Recently, I've been looking at a '93 or '94 GSR that was wrecked and was thinking of pulling the side blinker lights to replace the damaged one on the Evo. I've come across early 90's skylines like GTS-4's and Silvias intact to the last emblem still on it and I know making money off of parts could be worthwhile. I've come across Galant's and Lancers by the score here, but the go fast goodies dissappear quick (that is If I ever see them). I'm just not sure what people need though. I refused to give up on this car when I was offered it for 300 bucks. The starter is shot, clutch is toast, and the top has a common problem of all the 1st gen Evo's ( 1-3 ) which is the top rotting at the weld points from the inside. I'm gonna try to clean that up if I can, but I know this car can put down 250 HP with the big 'ol intercooler up front and hopefully more with a 16g later on.

The reason I asked about the exhaust system is that I've been told that the entire engine platform layout of the Evo 1-3's is the same as the 2g DSM's and hopefully all parts follow the same theory.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tri-StarPower
Good lord, sometimes It's frustrating being here seeing all the stuff I like but can't take home. Recently, I've been looking at a '93 or '94 GSR that was wrecked and was thinking of pulling the side blinker lights to replace the damaged one on the Evo. I've come across early 90's skylines like GTS-4's and Silvias intact to the last emblem still on it and I know making money off of parts could be worthwhile. I've come across Galant's and Lancers by the score here, but the go fast goodies dissappear quick (that is If I ever see them). I'm just not sure what people need though. I refused to give up on this car when I was offered it for 300 bucks. The starter is shot, clutch is toast, and the top has a common problem of all the 1st gen Evo's ( 1-3 ) which is the top rotting at the weld points from the inside. I'm gonna try to clean that up if I can, but I know this car can put down 250 HP with the big 'ol intercooler up front and hopefully more with a 16g later on.

The reason I asked about the exhaust system is that I've been told that the entire engine platform layout of the Evo 1-3's is the same as the 2g DSM's and hopefully all parts follow the same theory.
I wish the U.S. was like Japan but we get all the ghetto downgraded stuff here. Early 90's Skylines would be nice