Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

35r equipped evo IXs jump on in!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35r equipped evo IXs jump on in!

hello all, im bringing my daily driver down to pruven performance on monday to get my ams 35r kit,1000cc injectors,smc methanol injection,exedy triple carbon clutch and a whole slew of other parts put on my IX and i wanted some opinions on this situation.
should i put my hks 272 exhaust cam on or should i keep the stock exhaust cam in? Can anyone tell me of gains that they have experienced with putting the exhaust cam in? is there anyone with a IX who put a 35r on and either kept the stock exhaust cam in or opted for an aftermarket cam that can describe to me how the car pulls through the rpms? and even if you don't own a 35Red evo IX throw in your opinions? i am looking for a high horsepower stock like driving car. meaning that i want a smooth idle with no stalling issues. can i get this with an hks 272 cam on stock ecu? i have seen it done before but just would like to hear some opinions.
thanks guys
Scotty
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
messege LancerevoIX2006 I know he has a 35R on a IX
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

You are going to need to get the ECU flashed anyway so you should have no problems with the cam as long as they tune it for you. They might have to bump up your idle a little, but I'm not sure about that
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wolf28
You are going to need to get the ECU flashed anyway so you should have no problems with the cam as long as they tune it for you. They might have to bump up your idle a little, but I'm not sure about that
yeah i figured they can adjust it with the flash but how much can they adjust it? i just want to know how it will idle? bumpy with stalling problems? or is it possible to have almost a stock like idle? if there is not a decent gain i probaly won't get them put on. so chime in if you can help my decision
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jax419
messege LancerevoIX2006 I know he has a 35R on a IX

ok i will thanks
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

becarefull on the stock block with a 35r and high boost.
i just destroyed the top of my piston in turn also took out my turbo
i would go aem to monitor for any knock or watch for afr. i got over 200 runs at the track till mine went.
just seems like the stock block is great till ya make one little mistake vs a built block which can take more abuse
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

ifarted2, i was just speaking to you by pms a week ago i didn'y know you cracked a piston! when did this happen? and yes i'll be using a uego for afr readings of coarse
like i said this will be my daily driver and i drive like a wuss with the occasional sprint here and there i plan on running 27-28 psi so it will put me at about 500 whp and i will have the afrs at a conservative level. and i will rarely bring this car to the track that is why i have my VIII can you tell me how much power you were driving with daily? and how much power your car dynoed and at what afr and boost level? thanks
Scotty
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2
becarefull on the stock block with a 35r and high boost.
i just destroyed the top of my piston in turn also took out my turbo
i would go aem to monitor for any knock or watch for afr. i got over 200 runs at the track till mine went.
just seems like the stock block is great till ya make one little mistake vs a built block which can take more abuse

As far as I know aem hasnt released an EMS for the IX yet :<
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scott yo
ifarted2, i was just speaking to you by pms a week ago i didn'y know you cracked a piston! when did this happen? and yes i'll be using a uego for afr readings of coarse
like i said this will be my daily driver and i drive like a wuss with the occasional sprint here and there i plan on running 27-28 psi so it will put me at about 500 whp and i will have the afrs at a conservative level. and i will rarely bring this car to the track that is why i have my VIII can you tell me how much power you were driving with daily? and how much power your car dynoed and at what afr and boost level? thanks
Scotty
lol you will get addicted to the power :P
Old Sep 21, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2
lol you will get addicted to the power :P
i'm putting a 35R on my daily driver I already am!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 08:34 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by hopper
As far as I know aem hasnt released an EMS for the IX yet :<
There are a few people who've done it, i'm not 100% sure how they did it though
Old Sep 21, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Wait for Crower to release his IX cams in december... From what ive heard they will produce awesome gains and be CHEAP!

Screw taking all the time to put one cam in and it not be any different, that would be a waste of a tune