Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help!! -AN fitting frenzy!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! -AN fitting frenzy!

Hey guys... well to start off i suck at these "AN" fitting sizes. To top it off they are now confusing me with NPT (1/2, 3/8) and also 8MM threads. I have a FUEL rail which I have tried to research the thread and THINK its -8AN but not sure..I have searched the thread on my FPR and THINK its 8mm.but again not sure. Can anyone look at the pics and tell me which fitting NPT, AN(size?), etc to connect my fuel rail to my FPR. THE fpr came with universal hose style..and I want to make threaded connections to the rail heres some pics; HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Fuel rail thread-

Fuel rail with supplied fitting next to FPR with supplied fitting

Fuel rail fittim removed VS FPR fitting removed

THANKS GUYS!!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

the ones that go to a hose look like 1/4" npt and the other side looks like -6AN
i cant really tell wothout having the parts in my hand
so i could fit them to the box of extra AN fitting i have left over
the shop i used to run had a wall of almost every aeroquip fitting on earth up to -24
sorry i couldnt help more
i would look into a domestic hardcore race shop to see what they might have in stock

if it was 1/4npt you would need the 1/4 npt to -6 or -8 hose end adapter then get the -6 or -8 hose end to attach a 6 or 8 hose

I know its confusing and you need a ton of parts

it was one of my specialties at the shop to build peoples fuel systems

some of the crazy plumbing ran people over 1k in parts and hose alone

and then whatever i charge in labor

but it looks hella cool and passes all tech also
Old Nov 27, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

-8AN (army navy) is 1/2 inch if you measure it, call Summit Racings Tech Dept (330) 630-0240 and theyll get you the hose adaptors for the setup there are adaptors for everything AN to NPT (national Pipe thread).
Old Nov 27, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

The fuel rail looks like a -8 (FYI all AN fittings are in 1/16ths of an inch) and the barb fittings on the FPR look like 1/4NPT. If you take the whole setup to your local tuner shop, they should have a 1/4NPT to -8 fitting so you can lose the barb all together and run a short -8 hose (or a double-female-coupler) to connect the two.