Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Wow Look what i found. HKS LA CLUTCH (single plate)

Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow Look what i found. HKS LA CLUTCH (single plate)

http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D

You got to click on evo on the first page then you will see it on the right of the page. Its labled as HKS LA Clutch

HKS Light Weight clutch

Retail is about $1,117 so it would be around $1000 our price.

I must say this is a great find and a very rare JDM part.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the evo transmission doesn't react to well when using single plate clutch kit setup.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element
the evo transmission doesn't react to well when using single plate clutch kit setup.

Then why is the stock clutch single plate.

They run theses on there time attack cars i havent seen one time attack evo that is built by hks that is slow around the track or have any traction or sliping problems.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element

I love how people make broad statements like this. It's almost as if cars never made hp power/torque and ran fast times before multi disc clutches were readily available.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by t51splbb
I love how people make broad statements like this. It's almost as if cars never made hp power/torque and ran fast times before multi disc clutches were readily available.

And the sad part is he works at a shop it would be even better if he owend it.

Last edited by jmartinez1170; Jan 13, 2007 at 04:00 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

If the Evo doesn't react well to the single disk clutch then why does ACT,HKS, Exedy and other companies makes single disk clutch for the Evo?

It would be nice if you can prove or back up what you've just said.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
Former Sponsor

I've found just the opposite true on the evo the lighter the better (presently @ 24lbs clutch fly and PP)... HOWEVER, i have hurd from some very very reliable sources that infact you CAN go to light. i will know for sure next week when tilton finishes up our Ti bolt and lightend flywheel for our TA car. it is also sporting no balance shafts and probably the lightest 92mm crank shaft in the industry.

Regardless of the fact the Exedy twin is absolutly NO lighter than the stock unit... messured both back to back and was kinda shocked...
Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GregGSC
I've found just the opposite true on the evo the lighter the better (presently @ 24lbs clutch fly and PP)... HOWEVER, i have hurd from some very very reliable sources that infact you CAN go to light. i will know for sure next week when tilton finishes up our Ti bolt and lightend flywheel for our TA car. it is also sporting no balance shafts and probably the lightest 92mm crank shaft in the industry.

Regardless of the fact the Exedy twin is absolutly NO lighter than the stock unit... messured both back to back and was kinda shocked...

And this is why GSC is a they know what they are talking about.

Once we get the facts all worked out. I would love for you Greg (if you dont mind ) to school the many that dont know.

I would really like to also see what Tilton is working on for you guys.

PS: Love your T/A car nicely done.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

how does this clutch do with the MR trannies? i want something that will hold and be nice to my transmission without the rattle of a twin disk...

currently putting down around 350 whp/tq

its for daily driver purposes
Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

I have been asking the same question as why I do not see more of the excedy singles instead if the twin disc. Granted it is a great clutch but not everyone needs one rated to 650hp. I also am not down for the chatter if I don't have to have it. Would like to see how this clutch performs.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
I have been asking the same question as why I do not see more of the excedy singles instead if the twin disc. Granted it is a great clutch but not everyone needs one rated to 650hp. I also am not down for the chatter if I don't have to have it. Would like to see how this clutch performs.
Any aftermarket clutch will have some chatter its normal any shop will tell you that. The only reason OEM clutches dont chatter is due to all the R&D they put behind it. Also being under powered will not hurt the clutch at all. If you just dd the car and dont race it on the track this setup will last you a very long time.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

That looks promising... Anybody running it?

The only thing that would stop me is buying this is knowing i can get a exedy twin for 200-300 more and knowing that it will work well, and it will last me
Old Jan 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Any aftermarket clutch will have some chatter its normal any shop will tell you that. The only reason OEM clutches dont chatter is due to all the R&D they put behind it. Also being under powered will not hurt the clutch at all. If you just dd the car and dont race it on the track this setup will last you a very long time.
The twin discs chatter much more than a single plate. It is needed in order to take the abuse. I am talking about if this clutch will be able to hold much more than your normal act clutch and can handle the abuse as an exedy twin.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
The twin discs chatter much more than a single plate. It is needed in order to take the abuse. I am talking about if this clutch will be able to hold much more than your normal act clutch and can handle the abuse as an exedy twin.

Thats very simple yes. Almost every car that comes out of that hks shop has this clutch they run it in there time attack car which has a hp range of 450-600whp. If you read a lil more into the site you can see that they track tested this clutch for over 2 years before they came out with it. I also saw a long write up about it in a jap. car board a long time ago.

If you didnt noticed i posted this thread over a year ago Jan 12, 2007, 11:49 PM
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Then why is the stock clutch single plate.

They run theses on there time attack cars i havent seen one time attack evo that is built by hks that is slow around the track or have any traction or sliping problems.

because its cheap

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wow Look what i found. HKS LA CLUTCH (single plate)