Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

A'PEXi Super SFC II

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2003, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A'PEXi Super AFC II

Anyone install one of these yet? I can't seem to get all the information to read right. The Karman sensor, throttle, and battery are the only things that read. I remember hearing that we use the same wiring info as a 2g eclipse which makes sence seeing how the diagram for the Evo 8 and 7 looks nothing like the ECU that I have in my car. Any help, pictures, walkthroughs, whatever would be very useful. If you need to email me something send it to gohan0010@hotmail.com and put AFC in the subject line. Please respond soon as I have my boost controller that needs to be installed and I won't start it until the AFC is done
Attached Images  
Old Jun 20, 2003, 11:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The ECU physical connectors for the 2G DSM and the Evo 7 and 8 are the same.. it turns out that the wiring that you tap into happens to be the same for this particular installation, however I do know that there are some differences...

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

This is the exact diagram you need.. just remember that you need to make sure your orientation is correct when you look at the wiring, otherwise you may not recognize the connectors.. or even wire something incorrectly.. Its VERY easy to install an S-AFC, however MARK the wires you intend to cut FIRST, triple check to make sure their the right wire to th right pin, then carefully splice into it..
Old Jun 20, 2003, 11:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I recommend a field one-touch wiring harness extension instead of cutting into the factory harness.. its field part# CN-04, you can get it from Z1-Performance or www.skunk2.com currently Z1 is waiting for more harnesses, however skunk2 (Group A motorsports) has a few in stock..
Old Jun 27, 2003, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Will this harness work with a HKS AFR???
Old Jul 22, 2003, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Well I just called Skunk2 and they said that didn't have any and didn't know when they would get any, basically they acted like they wouldn't get or couldn't get any at this time. Just to provide the current info.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: A'PEXi Super AFC II

Originally posted by SLVR EVO
Anyone install one of these yet? I can't seem to get all the information to read right. The Karman sensor, throttle, and battery are the only things that read. I remember hearing that we use the same wiring info as a 2g eclipse which makes sence seeing how the diagram for the Evo 8 and 7 looks nothing like the ECU that I have in my car. Any help, pictures, walkthroughs, whatever would be very useful. If you need to email me something send it to gohan0010@hotmail.com and put AFC in the subject line. Please respond soon as I have my boost controller that needs to be installed and I won't start it until the AFC is done
I got mine installed... I used the fields harness extender and I would recommend it highly instead of cutting wires. The Wiring is pretty straight forward but the set up is a different matter. Do a search, I've posted elsewhere my experience, it might help you.

Good luck