Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ideal camgear settings for HKS 280's/AMS 50 Trim???

Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you are trying to fatten both your lower midrange and highend power at once you'll probably have a hard time finding cam settings that'll help you attain both power goals simultaneously.

The +2/0 setting you're currently running is great for midrange torque and fast turbo spool but it won't help at all on the topend. It is in addition, knock prone on throttle tip-in and idles way choppy. Did you dyno with this particular setting?

The most you can hope for is to find a setting that'll improve the "upper" midrange and topend. If you retard the intake cam it'll lower your dynamic compression allowing you to add more ignition timing while leaning out the AFR's some. This might get better results than increasing the boost another couple PSI.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTech
Charlie, Stop playing with the damn car and drive it! You are making 500 WHP. The car freakin rips. What more do you want? You are a post *****. If you want the car to go faster than spend some more time at the track and run a respectable number. The car is never going to go faster if the driver does not learn to go faster. You are trapping at 124 MPH! That is really fast. The car has 11.1 ET potential as it sits. You are miles away from that right now due to slow shifting and granny launches. If your goals are simply dyno numbers and fast MPH, than please state that. I saw a recent post of your where you said that you were shooting for 10's this season. How is that ever going to happen if you do not take the car to the track? This guy was banned from Evo NY for being a post ***** and he should be banned from here for the same thing. He begs for advice that he never takes. He just likes the sound of his keyboard clicking as he types. I am not one to rip on someone like this, but after a couple of years of listening to this and witnessing it first hand. I am done!
BTW, my head showed up today. 600+ here we come.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlie, Stop playing with the damn car and drive it! You are making 500 WHP. The car freakin rips. What more do you want? You are a post *****. If you want the car to go faster than spend some more time at the track and run a respectable number. The car is never going to go faster if the driver does not learn to go faster. You are trapping at 124 MPH! That is really fast. The car has 11.1 ET potential as it sits. You are miles away from that right now due to slow shifting and granny launches. If your goals are simply dyno numbers and fast MPH, than please state that. I saw a recent post of your where you said that you were shooting for 10's this season. How is that ever going to happen if you do not take the car to the track? This guy was banned from Evo NY for being a post ***** and he should be banned from here for the same thing. He begs for advice that he never takes. He just likes the sound of his keyboard clicking as he types. I am not one to rip on someone like this, but after a couple of years of listening to this and witnessing it first hand. I am done!
WOW i came in here for a little cam timing chat. but fu(k cam timing... who needs cam timing. this ^^^ is SOOOOO much cooler :lol

i'm making popcorn now
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh hello Ed,

yes I do know your feelings on this....I guess I'm just looking to try different things on the car, but you're right I need to get out there and drive.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
If you are trying to fatten both your lower midrange and highend power at once you'll probably have a hard time finding cam settings that'll help you attain both power goals simultaneously.

The +2/0 setting you're currently running is great for midrange torque and fast turbo spool but it won't help at all on the topend. It is in addition, knock prone on throttle tip-in and idles way choppy. Did you dyno with this particular setting?

The most you can hope for is to find a setting that'll improve the "upper" midrange and topend. If you retard the intake cam it'll lower your dynamic compression allowing you to add more ignition timing while leaning out the AFR's some. This might get better results than increasing the boost another couple PSI.
Yes I got tuned on the +2,0 setting, and your right idle is choppy, lumpy or whatever but I think this is what gives the car personality
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matyb
WOW i came in here for a little cam timing chat. but fu(k cam timing... who needs cam timing. this ^^^ is SOOOOO much cooler :lol

i'm making popcorn now
soak my popcorn with butter.....
Old Jun 5, 2007, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Ohh hello Ed,

yes I do know your feelings on this....I guess I'm just looking to try different things on the car, but you're right I need to get out there and drive.
I feel so much better for saying it again that I will remain silent for another year. Good luck with whatever your goals are. There is a solid evo crew that goes to e-town almost every wed night. Come on out and learn something (not by spectating). I promise to be nice

Search this Thread