Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

stock spark plugs or 1 step colder

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I can see that there are a lot of stuff being said so I will say mine and move on I would use HKS 1 step colder or any good brand 1 step colder atleast it gives you some safty or if you wana go hard core then with the 1step colder you can rum some more advanced timing.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by iTune
lol.....ok...then prove it big shot? you need to do some serious research homie. you have no idea what you are talking about.

to the original poster......im a tuner with many years experience....trust me......take my advice on this. if you or any other person wants facts on why I say what I say......search my name on here and enjoy. if you're too lazy, that's fine....but don't spread misinformation.

also, there is a two year replacement warranty on those NGK iridium plugs.......lol. waste of money? more performance for less money being wasteful is new news to me. I guess im the dumbass huh?

CJ
Tuner for who mister all mighty tuner??? I think YOU need to do some research, iridiums/platnums are not better performing plugs, they just last longer. in a car like the evo where it is easy to change plugs why not run coppers that run just as well but are 1/5th the price? its misinformation to automatically assume that higher price = more performance!

Not to mention that you are not even supposed to gap iridiums cause they will break and last i checked they dont come gapped corectly for a modified evo

that being said i run iridiums in my subaru but thats only because changing plugs takes 2 hours

Last edited by justboosted02; Jan 16, 2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8URV8
Just got the br7eix's installed a few weeks back. Was gonna get the 8's but it needs to be run for 30+psi and up. i'm not even there (yet)

I say that the 7's made my car run hella better than stock.
7s made ur car run better than stock plugs?
7 IS the stock heat range so...

Originally Posted by justboosted02
Tuner for who mister all mighty tuner??? I think YOU need to do some research, iridiums/platnums are not better performing plugs, they just last longer. in a car like the evo where it is easy to change plugs why not run coppers that run just as well but are 1/5th the price? its misinformation to automatically assume that higher price = more performance!
10 years later and I still Couldnt have said it better myself!

Last edited by WelDun1; Nov 25, 2018 at 12:27 AM.