Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed: Buschur Racing Mustache bar and Side supports

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by antilag_200
evodan--- thank you for the information, I will keep that in mind, I await your review of the driveshaft when you get it. its either a driveshaft or money towards finishing my wooden floors in my living room. decisions decisions
ok cool my thread will be up shortly after i get the beast in the mail.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I've had the DEVO driveshaft for over a year and it is AWESOME! I love it. It looks stock if you just look under the car (except it's missing one heavy joint). It may have added a little bit of drivetrain noise, but I did some of the rear diff bushings at the same time, so it's hard to tell.

Easy 15-30 minute install if you have a lift. . . definitely give it a

EVOlutionary
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I've had the DEVO driveshaft for over a year and it is AWESOME! I love it. It looks stock if you just look under the car (except it's missing one heavy joint). It may have added a little bit of drivetrain noise, but I did some of the rear diff bushings at the same time, so it's hard to tell.

Easy 15-30 minute install if you have a lift. . . definitely give it a

EVOlutionary
awesome to here. i think my brains will fall out cause im doing a few other things at the same time and i dont think anything from my motor to drive train will be able to move. haha. but i like that race car feel.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
First thank you very much for buying from us and for doing the great write up.

I am sorry as hell though as you are suppose to use the stock upper flat washer piece between the side diff support and the underside of the car.

I am going to send out an e-mail to Jarrod and Nick right now to remind them to put in some instructions to re-use that.

This is my fault and I apologize.

Thanks you again!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I had the extra cash to do this right now.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice right up, hell yeah i feel you on the weight.. its kinda like dating a fat chick
Old Jun 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

I am sorry as hell though as you are suppose to use the stock upper flat washer piece between the side diff support and the underside of the car.

I am going to send out an e-mail to Jarrod and Nick right now to remind them to put in some instructions to re-use that.

Thanks you again!

Thanks for posting.. I never got a chance to look under my car and see if we used it or not and i forgot to send the link to nick and jarrod today..
Old Jun 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

so there is a washer we need to re use??? i am installing my b/r rear diff brackets hen i do the DS. anyone mind posting a pic of the washer/spacer we need to reuse...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Thanks you again!
Thanks god I re-used the stock upper washer, but not the lower ones thought.

A tip for those who attemp to do this at home. Lot of patience. Make sure you have all 8 bolts thread in before you tighten them up. Aligns those 8 bolts on your back with only jack and jackstands with test you patience.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
thanks for posting dave, I initially had the washer in there, but it looked like when I tightened everything down (the rubber washer/bushing) crushed way too much, So I removed it . Maybe that is why it was binding so much when I was tightening everything up without the bushings. I will reinstall those pieces soon.

p.s dave.. I sent Jarrod a PM regarding a apexi N1 strut issue that I am having, when you get a chance could you please ask him to respond. Thank you

warren
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Jarrod made up a quick set of instructions today to include in the future.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

installed mine tuesday with my drive shaft. a little pita as it seemed to not want to line up right like something was off but i got it. if anything its a very tight snug fit. nothing is out of wake though. just a tight fit. i on the other hand did notice some vibrations and sounds. i mainly here/feel it over 45mph at 80mph on deceleration is another story. but thats what you have to expect when making your rear diff solid to the car. i dont mind it at all but it was un expected or to this caliber. good mod
Old Jul 11, 2008, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ that is good to hear, How does the driveshaft feel ?

I recently put the car back on the hoist, and installed the stock rubber busching/spacer, While I was under the car, I noticed that there is another aluminum mini subframe that attaches to the chasis. This piece is what the Main Billet parts from buschur attaches to. Maybe in the future this could possible be another area that can be eliminated or produced from a different material to reduce even more weight of the car.

Great Mod that is for sure.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:16 AM
Account Disabled

looks like a nice mod, I'll eventually do this and the driveshaft.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by antilag_200
^ that is good to hear, How does the driveshaft feel ?

I recently put the car back on the hoist, and installed the stock rubber busching/spacer, While I was under the car, I noticed that there is another aluminum mini subframe that attaches to the chasis. This piece is what the Main Billet parts from buschur attaches to. Maybe in the future this could possible be another area that can be eliminated or produced from a different material to reduce even more weight of the car.

Great Mod that is for sure.

drive shaft i cant comment on just yet. i had to put some stock parts back on the car to get it through inspection and im hoping to go monday. i had to put the stock cams, and ignition and injectors and bone stock evo8 ecu map back in the car. so i cant go WOT atm.

as for the other parts. at first is scared me thinking i did the install wrong or that i had other issues. but from what im gathering its all normal when making the rear solid to the body. i really want to beat the **** out of my car right now to try it all out. heheh. soon i can. after inspection i have some bf cams going in and then a retune... then its beating time.

Quick Reply: Installed: Buschur Racing Mustache bar and Side supports