Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car not moving

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car not moving

So the story is I bight this car at a repo/abandon auction. It's a 2003 ww. After I already bought it the tow guy tells me the original owner came in a said it have a blown motor. When I finally got I changed the oil and started it up and sounded better than my previous Evo I was happy until I put into drive and releas he clutch than nothing no grinding sound, clutch feels normal. The shifter feels like it's going into gear. I checked the slave and it's moving freely. Any ideas what it could be?? Also the car did have a evom sticker too!! Tow driver said the owners name was tyrone or Tyson and he was from Washington but didn't want to take he car back so he left it to be auctioned off
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Its no wonder that car was abandoned. Its alright though you can bring it back to life. A transmission rebuild seems to be in order. Check the synchros , gear set, clutch and flywheel assembly between the trans and engine. Check the Transfer case to see if there is any damage there as well. Seems like it will not get anywhere until you put some honest time into it. But just imagine the opportunities you get to make that trans stronger than stock! Wish you good luck man!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
goes into gear but not moving??

transfer case.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tranny time
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

it might just be the clutch is done considering its a repo the kid probably didnt have the money to change the clutch, put a new clutch and your set from the sound of it you said theres no noise the car just doesn't move therefore the clutch might be whats bad if it was the transfer case or the transmission it would most likely make a hell of noise
Old Apr 3, 2009, 02:28 AM

Yeah the no sound is killing me it could he good or bad I guess. I would think even a really bad clutch would have atleast a little scuffing noise.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Probably the clutch. I've driven cars that just had no more clutch left and it feels like that. Can't hear anything, goes into gear, clutch feels normal but doesnt move.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Try changing the clutch while you have it apart you can inspect the tranny and tc. I have a stock clutch if you need it.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

transfercase... does the mph go up on the speed meter? when you put it in gear and release the clutch?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

i think you all may be mistaken. i have a six puck in mine, and one day i was in a cruise. not good for a six puck. well long story short.

if you heat up a six puck you should let it cool for ten min. well i launched near the end and i think i fused the clutch disc to the flywheel. everything felt perfectly normal but the clutch action just didnt work.

so to get it home i put it in gear facing down hill and started it in gear gave it some gas and drove it floating the gears all the way home.

before i was ready to tear it apart i took it for a little ride just to predict something else. well i got to third gear and stepped on it and the clutch started to break free.

i have put 14,000 miles on it since and its never given me a problem. raced and all.

good luck
Old Apr 3, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

It can be any number of things. Obviously its the drivetrain. You're going to have to start by dropping the trans and starting at the clutch, inspect everything till you find the culprit. Diagnosing over the internet..... You'll have a better chance of getting n*ts deep in Jessica Albas face before receiving an accurate diagnosis over the net.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 06:36 PM

Haha thanks!! It will be pulled apart This weekend I'll hope For the best thanks guys
Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Probably the clutch....but check you can check the tranny and t/case when you check the clutch and flywheel.
Most likely a clutch tho.....I hope.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:44 AM

I totally didn't realize this this now the front passenger tire is completely bald and the rest are almost new. All tires are the same make. Sorry I didn't realize the relavence till my brother told me to order a new tire too
Old Mar 8, 2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by turbo speedy
transfercase... does the mph go up on the speed meter? when you put it in gear and release the clutch?
hey i got the same problem.. i was driving one day & all of a sudden the car wouldnt move.. came to a stop put it in first & car started like walking bearly moving & mph was going up when i hit the gas.. so i changed clutch already but its still doing the same thing

Quick Reply: Car not moving