Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD lights on / weird warranty issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD lights on / weird warranty issues

So I've got an '05 VIII with 69000 miles. (I've babied the crap outta this car. I'm STILL on the stock clutch!) All three ACD lights are on. I tried unhooking the battery and it worked for about a month; now they are back on. The car has no problems and I'm pretty sure that this issue is a glitch. But obviously I want it fixed. I take it to the dealer and they said they pulled a code for the ACD pump. Well the pump is working fine. So wth? I still want it fixed. Now here is where things start getting weird. They tell me (according to my VIN) that my car only had a 60000 mile powertrain warranty. NO WAY. My window sticker says 10 year / 100000 miles. And so does the owner's manual. I know the 60000 mile warranty applies to the second owner, but I am the first! I bought the car brand new! What gives? Anyone else run into this situation? Is the dealer trying to pull a fast one?
The other question I had was about the ACD system itself. If I get this warranty issue straightened out, will the ACD system be covered under warranty? The pump specifically... Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi always sucks when they need to get something fixed. Call Mitsubishi USA ( I have the number at home if u can't find it i'll dig up my papers later on) and report it to them if your local dealer is being dumb. Also try going to a different dealer but I would def report it to Mitsubishi USA most of the times they have the dealers fix it. Specially when it's not anything that they can really point to race abuse or like.

GL
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

first of all those lights are known to go bad and all three stay on, its a common issue. If you checked the pump and its woking properly, then you should be fine. As for the warranty, i would def talk to mitsubishi directly not the lazy bumms you see at the dealership.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:13 PM

I had the same issue on my 06 Evo IX some times in city traffic all three would light up dealer installed new ACD pump problem gone
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ricky_racer
I had the same issue on my 06 Evo IX some times in city traffic all three would light up dealer installed new ACD pump problem gone
Yeah I'm really getting the feeling that the dealer is giving me some BS. The code was for the ACD pump and they probably don't want to replace it. Jerks. I knew I'd have to fight for it. Anybody know any dealerships in North Jersey that are 'Evo Friendly'???
Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:00 PM

had same problem

I had same problem, so i bled the system and lights still came on. I took it to the dealer and they asked me if the people that replace my clutch bled the system and i said yes. They told me that before they did anything they would have to bleed the system and that if that would fix the problem i would have to pay $112. But if that didnt fix it they would put in a pump under warranty and i wouldnt have to pay anything. You can still hear the pump working but it doesnt build enough pressure and thats why the all 3 lights come on.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by vjz225
I had same problem, so i bled the system and lights still came on. I took it to the dealer and they asked me if the people that replace my clutch bled the system and i said yes. They told me that before they did anything they would have to bleed the system and that if that would fix the problem i would have to pay $112. But if that didnt fix it they would put in a pump under warranty and i wouldnt have to pay anything. You can still hear the pump working but it doesnt build enough pressure and thats why the all 3 lights come on.
So what did you do? Did they replace the pump?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go around the dealership and get in contact with mitsu headquarters.

this happened to me and the code for the acd pump for mine was a relay issue, so they just replaced the pump under warranty for me.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hpgirl
Yeah I'm really getting the feeling that the dealer is giving me some BS. The code was for the ACD pump and they probably don't want to replace it. Jerks. I knew I'd have to fight for it. Anybody know any dealerships in North Jersey that are 'Evo Friendly'???
Have you tried Maywood Mitsubishi?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by vjz225
So what did you do? Did they replace the pump?

can you answer this question for us please, thanks
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:21 PM

acd pump

im having a new pump installed tomorrow under warranty

Last edited by vjz225; Jun 24, 2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:08 PM

Ok so the warranty issue is sorted out. It was a mistake on the part of Mitsubishi. Some weird issue with my registration. So I've got my 100k warranty back; BUT... the mechanic is telling me that I have a lot of weird gremlins in my ACD system. He hasn't said anything specific yet but he pointed to the pump and the control module as problem areas. The pump would be covered under warranty but he said the ECM WOULD NOT BE. The Electronic Control Module is a 900$ part??? Does this sound right to you guys?